Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

V_2's ST, the Sequel

V_2

Time to start a new build thread! I took delivery on my new '16 MO a few days ago after I got clobbered by a drunk driver in my '14 GE that I had for about 9 months.

I'm currently letting the car get some break in miles under its belt before I start throwing all my aftermarket parts on it.

rps20160826_173911.jpg

And here is the mess of parts I have waiting to be swapped in, right after I got home from stripping the wrecked GE. Don't mind the laminate everywhere, I was in the middle of redoing my floors. [biggrin]

rps20160822_171634.jpg

Some other odds and ends I've been working on are ordering a new dead pedal, heel plate, green filter (going to run the stock intake since that area is lacking in the '16 department). I was able to get my AP unmarried by Cobb and am waiting on a replacement OBD cable so I can flash at least a stage 1 map.

Only the driver front coilover lower mount was damaged. I ordered a replacement from BC and that should be 2-3 weeks out. I already got the one damaged wheel replaced...thinking about putting my sparcos back on this weekend along with my RMM, exhaust, and mudflaps.

I should be receiving my DHM big intercooler soon. Once that comes in I'll probably put the quickspool kit back on at the same time.

I'll have to hold off replacing the CF hood and finding a front splitter until I get my injury settlement from the wreck.

I still have the stock turbo, intake, hood, and DP from the GE. Guess I'll scrap the DP and try selling everything else.

---------------------------------

CURRENT MODS:

- DHM 290r quickspool kit
- Whoosh intercooler
- MAP intake
- Cobb catback
- Cobb RMM
- BC Racing BR type coilovers
- 93/E30 tuned by Tune+
- Wilwood 6 piston upgraded front brakes
- Sparco Assetto Gara 16x7 +42 wheels --- 205/45-16 Firestone Indy500
- Euro spec DRL headlights with Morimoto 4TL-R D2S projector retrofit
- Triple-R front splitter

FUTURE MODS???

- Aux fuel (waiting on a good port kit)
- Bigger turbo

Last edited:
Glad to see you back in action! Can't wait to see the transformations again.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Man, that's gonna be nice... That brand new car smell, mixed with all that power. I'm a little jealous. I was secretly wishing my car had been totaled before my engine build was done.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #5
Any pictures of the old car before the wreck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Check out the thread linked in the first paragraph of my post...there's a few pics in there. I'm admittedly bad at keeping up to date pics.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #6
Had to swap my sparcos on tonight. Needs more low!

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #8
had to? LOL. you had to put the turbo kit on yesterday! haha
Haha! I couldn't let them just sit around in my garage, now could I?

Discount tire mounted the tire on the new wheel backwards...will need to have them turn it around in the morning.

My FMIC and other misc parts might ship out from DHM tomorrow, so the turbo kit isn't too far off. I crossed 500 miles today...break in is halfway done.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Restraint, haha. I have a new set of 16" Rota slipstreams that have been sitting for about 6 months waiting for my current tires to go bald, I'm down to the wear bars now, LOL.

you've been putting some miles on quick :)

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #11
I received the replacement lower mount for my coilover from BC today. Unfortunately, they sent me the wrong side. So I think my coilovers will have to wait another 3 weeks.

I installed my cobb catback and RMM and loaded an OTS 93 stage 1 tune. Planning to install the wilwood BBK this weekend if I have time.

I'm still waiting for my FMIC and charge pipe to come from DHM so I can swap in the quickspool kit.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #13
Got my DHM cooler installed this morning and then figured why stop there...so I started swapping in the quickspool kit.

I got the stock turbo out and the QS manifold installed, and will finish the install tomorrow.

Looks so mean.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Got my DHM cooler installed this morning and then figured why stop there...so I started swapping in the quickspool kit.

I got the stock turbo out and the QS manifold installed, and will finish the install tomorrow.

Looks so mean.
LOL, Sweet!

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #15
Well, I didn't mean to spend all weekend working on my car but that's how things turned out.

Got the quickspool kit swapped in and I'm in the process of leak testing now. So far so good! This DHM cooler is insane. Intake temp averages 100 and charge temp barely breaks 95 on a 3rd gear pull.

I do need to go back under the car and adjust my downpipe. I think it's rattling against something, maybe the k member.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #16
Looking much better with all of the performance parts swapped in. Just need to get the cosmetics in order: splitter, window tint and CF hood.

Before BCs

After

Love the stance it has with the 10mm spacers. And still no rubbing! Ford did a great job making the fender lips practically nonexistent...no need to use a fender roller on these guys unless you go super aggressive.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #17
I was surprised to see my triple r splitter waiting for me when I got home from work today. I only ordered it 13 days ago.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #19
You think you'll sand down the grill to reveal that DHM crash bar?
You know, I'm not sure. I kinda like the "stockish" look the car has now. But I'm sure I'll end up with another CF hood soon, and if/when that happens, the grille will be opened up!

That was fast! Maybe it's the type of splitter you ordered. I waited 3 weeks for mine to arrive.