Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VirtualRonin's Build

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
New Parts Installed
1) Radium Catch Can System w/drains
2) Mountune Front Splitter
3) Verus Engineering Rear Diffuser

Installation Notes
1) Radium Catch Can System - A high quality kit, everything fit as it was supposed to. I did run into a small issue with the crankcase catch can; the catch can inlet hose runs parallel with my aux fuel hose which makes for a tight fit. I ended up installing a 90 degree AN fitting off the catch can so the hose doesn't interfere with aux fuel line.

2) Mountune Front Spitter - I was impressed with the thickness of the fiberglass, a very sturdy piece. Install was easy and straight forward. I removed the splitter for the winter season.

3) Verus Rear Diffuser - Excellent build quality and hardware. I had to deviate from the recommended installation instructions for two reasons; 1) I have an Eibach rear sway bar installed and the front mounting bracket for the diffuser comes down right where the sway bar is positioned. I had to install spacers on the front mounting bracket for the diffuser to offset it enough to get around the sway bar. 2) My exhaust hangs down further than stock and most aftermarket systems which causes interference with the diffuser. I had to use all the spacers to in the kit to get it to clear the muffler. I also had to add spacers to the rear mounting brackets to offset them the same as I had to offset the front mounting bracket. If you check the Verus Engineering website you can see which exhausts have been confirmed to fit under the "Fitment" section. I didn't see that until after I had already purchased the diffuser.

Review
1) Radium Catch Can System - working great so far, really like the built-in dip stick to check the oil level. I opted for the drain kits as well for easy draining. The cans are not easily accessible without some disassembly so the drain kits are the only way to go. I also replaced all the rubber hoses with nylon braided AN hose and AN fittings similar to the Mountune UK kit.

2) Mountune Front Splitter - I did notice some light wear and tear on the surface from road/track debris but that was to be expected. I had this installed for my last track outing of the season and can't really say it helped with overall grip but it certainly didn't take away from it. Plus I think the cars looks way better with it installed. It has been removed for the winter season.

3) Verus Rear Diffuser - I had this installed for my final track day of the year. I didn't notice any major differences in grip compared to my last track day. I had my car up to 140mph on the straights and was faster everywhere (due to the addition of aux fuel) on track. Unfortunately, my results are inconclusive due to the fact that I had to deviate from the recommended installation instructions. I have removed the diffuser with no plans to re-install it.

Well dang! Versus states that the blades of the diffuser need to be parallel to the ground - were you able to achieve that? Did it just hang down too low for your liking (cosmetic) or was it the lack of performance difference?

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #42
Well dang! Versus states that the blades of the diffuser need to be parallel to the ground - were you able to achieve that? Did it just hang down too low for your liking (cosmetic) or was it the lack of performance difference?
I was able to get the strakes level and I checked them using a digital angle gauge, getting them as close to 0 degrees as possible. In the end, it did hang down lower than I thought it should in the front and the rear but that had a lot to do with the rear sway bar and my rear muffler, which were obstacles.

I liked how it looked but with no performance gain (at least on my vehicle setup) I saw no reason to leave it on. Plus, it seemed like it needed a center support because it did flex a lot in the middle after it was mounted up.

It's currently removed and boxed up for sale. I'm trying to sell it locally because shipping such a large item is probably going to be $80-120. I'd like to see it installed (properly) on some other track FiSTs to see what they think.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #45
Adding some pics of items installed over the last month or two

Radium Catch Can System
I replaced the rubber lines (supplied with the kit) with AN lines

IMG_6583.jpeg IMG_6580.jpeg IMG_6582.jpeg IMG_6581.jpeg IMG_6584.jpeg IMG_6585.jpeg IMG_6588.jpeg IMG_6589.jpeg
IMG_6597.jpeg

Remote Oil Filter Kit
I replaced the rubber lines on my remote oil filter kit with AN lines

IMG_6603.jpeg

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #47
Why did you go remote for the oil filter? Couldn't get a large enough filter on for your liking?
It was due to fitment issues. I have a CP-E cold side charge pipe and moving it down (adding the aux fuel spacer) caused interference with the oil filter. I figured it was either install a remote oil filter kit or go back to OEM charge piping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
How did you order from SS Tuning??

I talked to them on the phone multiple times but never seemed to get anywhere - shit, even sent payment but it was never deposited and came back to me.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #51
How did you order from SS Tuning??

I talked to them on the phone multiple times but never seemed to get anywhere - shit, even sent payment but it was never deposited and came back to me.
I ordered on their website initially. Then, after not hearing much I facebook messaged them. That seemed to work the best. Still, I went long periods with no contact or updates. I doubt much has changed. Expect to wait 3-6 months at least for any custom orders.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #53
The brakes look great with the OZs! How do you like them so far?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I love the look of the OZ wheels but honestly I can feel the extra weight of these wheels during acceleration. Not as rapid as it was with smaller 15" wheels but the trade off is being able to run bigger brakes.

The AP Racing BBK is working great but I haven't had a chance to really push them. I'll have to wait until the next track day.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #57
Did you inquire about a sponsorship?

They're more and more tempting all the time for me... I keep scraping the front end on driveways and its not ideal!!
No, I didn't. I haven't planned on doing any rally/rallycross racing in the near future but maybe later down the road.

Do you have any pics with the wheels installed on stock/lowered height? 7" and ET25 should be on the flush-poke limit.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #60
sorry for upping this old 3d but...have you installed the Orsen Shield?
No, unfortunately it never arrived. Last time I checked the tracking it was in sitting at customs. That was probably two years ago now. I gave up on it ever showing up.