Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Warranty friendly mods?

Sitting here waiting to find out what Fiesta I get (friend who works at a dealership is tracking down local ones now since he has none on his lot).

So I was wondering what mods would you all recommend that would not give me any warranty issues? I am sure at some point I will look into stuff like that but I would like to be able to rely on a warranty for at least the first couple years!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Don't count on anything maybe more than suspension, rear muffler and a drop-in filter if you REALLY feel you want to rely on the warranty for the powertrain. Keep in mind that A. These engines are known for being able to handle double its stock rated power on a stock engine, B. That you still get the 3/36k B2B for electronics, AC, anything else not powertrain where there are more likely to be problems as warranty is only voided on anything directly affected by mods And C. You can always completely uninstall an AccessPort tuner and cycle the ignition a few times and quite often that is enough to have all but a complete new engine approved. If it came down to blowing an engine, they are going to look deeper into codes that can't be erased, etc.

I personally decided to just go for it as I got this car for FUN and a tune is really needed to unlock the kind of fun I want, bottom-line. Pro Tuners work within safety parameters too, not many blown FiST engines at all from using these, if you were talking a the FoST with the 2.0, then that would be a different story! LOL

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
interesting!

could you get a basic tune without any other mods?

back when i had a cobalt ss supercharged doing a tune did not do much unless you upgraded the fuel injectors and put a smaller pulley on the supercharger.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
A Plug and play Oil Catch Can like the Damond. It uses factory connectors and can be easily unplugged if the think it may be a problem. A K&N air filter and exhaust.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
interesting!

back when i had a cobalt ss supercharged doing a tune did not do much unless you upgraded the fuel injectors and put a smaller pulley on the supercharger.
Not unless you want to run the risk of warranty issues. The only "tune" ever allowed under warranty was the Mountune MP-215, added 18 HP but remapped the engine torque curve for quicker full boost but that ended with the 2016 model year. Was just in the dealer for various minor warranty issues before it expired as it has at this point. They were made aware of the MP-215 installed and covered by my warranty. No grief about Damond OCC, Symposer delete or resonator delete either. Not that the idiots probably noticed.......then again it may be why it was dogged out by the dealer while they had it!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
interesting!

Actually, bolt ons don't even do much for our cars, other than an upgraded IC... You can literally just tune it with an e30 tune and easily be faster than any other stock turbo car with full bolt ons running on a pump tune... Now, sure, you will want a few supporting mods and we can get into that if you'd like, but yes, a tune alone does a LOT.

Actually, bolt ons don't even do much for our cars, other than an upgraded IC... You can literally just tune it with an e30 tune and easily be faster than any other stock turbo car with full bolt ons running on a pump tune... Now, sure, you will want a few supporting mods and we can get into that if you'd like, but yes, a tune alone does a LOT.
I for one would appreciate a little bit of info on supporting mods for e30. Just in case that's the route I end up going. Knowing so little information right now it is hard for me to decide.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I for one would appreciate a little bit of info on supporting mods for e30. Just in case that's the route I end up going. Knowing so little information right now it is hard for me to decide.
Well, luckily they apply to using a tune in general: More than just RMM, you will want traction bar and/or upper engine mount inserts. Upgrade the DV (BOV), symposer delete (as it can leak) with a muffler swap/delete for some real sound, drop in thin filter and eventually will want an upgraded intercooler for sure. You can get stock looking silver ones too. but that's really it, intake upgrades can make a touch more power, you can either go complete or piece together crossover, induction hose etc. so not a whole lot to worry about!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
back when I had a cobalt ss supercharged doing a tune did not do much unless you upgraded the fuel injectors and put a smaller pulley on the supercharger.
WHY I was looking for a latter, turbo version of one of those, immediately prior to buying this ride. ;)

OP
P
Thread Starter #10
WHY I was looking for a latter, turbo version of one of those, immediately prior to buying this ride. ;)
dont get me wroing. it was an awesome car and once you replaced the injectors you could get a lot of power out of it, it just needed those first otherwise it was too starved to produce much power regardless of how you tuned it.

Stock they were 200hp and I had mine well over 300hp with under 1000 dollars worth of mods.

Well, luckily they apply to using a tune in general: More than just RMM, you will want traction bar and/or upper engine mount inserts. Upgrade the DV (BOV), symposer delete (as it can leak) with a muffler swap/delete for some real sound, drop in thin filter and eventually will want an upgraded intercooler for sure. You can get stock looking silver ones too. but that's really it, intake upgrades can make a touch more power, you can either go complete or piece together crossover, induction hose etc. so not a whole lot to worry about!
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I am happy to hear that the supporting mods aren't too extensive. At least for now. I may change my mind later to go more extreme (I will, I'm sure of it).

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just do the basics....RMM...pop in a high flow air filter...get a Flash tune and roll that till 36k. Its what I did and then after 36K I let the modding begin! Its very easy to revert back to stock tune with all the said Mods. plus in that amount of time it gives you time to get a feel for your vehicle. Then you can get into the Hybrids/ BT of your choice along with all the other mods that follow.IMO