Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Washington DC Metro Area

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Okay who has the black ST who tried to get my buddy to play in his Hellcat on Harrison road in Spotsy last week [deviltail]
That's like the mouse teasing/calling out a lion, even if the 'mouse' was 'built' to 500 whp, and had a good diff installed!! [ohcrap]

Anyone willing to let me take their Fiesta ST for a drive for free lunch or dinner? I'm in the market for one but coming from Z06's and RX7's, I really need to make sure this is what I want before throwing $20k+ at one.

I test drove a new one but I drove it like a grandma with the modest saleswoman I had ride with me, and I don't want to be boosting a new unbroken-in car.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Coming directly from a bolt-on (as far as power goes, the suspension was fully set up for road course use), LS1 f body, the FiST IS impressive, mainly due to the power to weight ratio once in boost, and it can almost feel as fast as an LSx car, even though we know it is NOT.

IF you have not been in a FWD platform in a while (or never), that will take some getting used to, but once adapted to it, this car is supremely 'tossable' as far as the handling goes! [thumb]

Anyone willing to let me take their Fiesta ST for a drive for free lunch or dinner? I'm in the market for one but coming from Z06's and RX7's, I really need to make sure this is what I want before throwing $20k+ at one.

I test drove a new one but I drove it like a grandma with the modest saleswoman I had ride with me, and I don't want to be boosting a new unbroken-in car.
Just as a suggestion, test drive a car you don't really want, then pull the trigger on the actual car you want. I drove to Sheehy in Alexandria, drove a car in black that I knew I wouldn't buy, then bought my car with 9 miles on it.

I honestly haven't been on the forums in a while, but still have the FiST and still in the area. Saw there is another one in my new apartment building as well, which surprised me as I rarely see them around here at all. I'm honestly thinking of getting rid of it as I'm now close to metro, gf has a car, and parking is outrageously expensive in my new building. Also, it overheats after like 2 laps on track. I'd sure miss it though. It really has been the perfect car for getting around town and getting out of town for some fun when able. Anyway, if there are enough folks around to have a meetup at Katie's one weekend or something, I would be down.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Mine is brand new, so no way would i track it. It has to last me 10 years min.

People are just way too busy in DMV. Im included in that too. New roof going up tomorrow, storm blew a tree over and now i have to shop lamdscapers/fencing. Ugh....one thing or another.

If there are any MUSICIANS in NoVA, i run themed jam sessions in sterling. Rock and blues.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
R
Thread Starter #312
Mine is brand new, so no way would i track it. It has to last me 10 years min.

People are just way too busy in DMV. Im included in that too. New roof going up tomorrow, storm blew a tree over and now i have to shop lamdscapers/fencing. Ugh....one thing or another.

If there are any MUSICIANS in NoVA, i run themed jam sessions in sterling. Rock and blues.

I concur, as I'm also dealing with similar house problems. It's weird how few posts there have been in the thread recently given that I now see at least 2 different FiSTs just tooling around Sterling each day.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I concur, as I'm also dealing with similar house problems. It's weird how few posts there have been in the thread recently given that I now see at least 2 different FiSTs just tooling around Sterling each day.
Is mine one of them? Mag Grey, black wheels, va tint, driving....spirited...lol

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I honestly haven't been on the forums in a while,
I can tell you once I get settled in (adding an AP and FMIC), I will be set for a while and will fade away from the forum. I have no other performance mods for a while...after warranty expires maybe. I just HAVE to upgrade the speakers/amp/add sub too. My 08 Mazda 5 sounds better! And that isn't saying much.

I am selling my bike if anybody knows anybody looking. 2005 Suzuki Vstrom 1000 w/side cases, trunk, tons of farkles, all my gear AND a trailer.

OP
R
Thread Starter #315
Is mine one of them? Mag Grey, black wheels, va tint, driving....spirited...lol

I think so. I have a stock Magnetic with black wheels that I drive mostly like a grandparent so I can avoid another contribution to the Virginia constabulary. My plan is similar to yours - install a front mount and a bunch of other mods I had picked up for my first FiST, and then track it once it is paid off. I might get another Mishimoto oil cooler and a Mountune radiator if my wallet isn't still hurting after the house stuff gets done.

JasonHaven

Just now realizing that CP-E moved... who else does mod installs in the area? Kinda getting the itch to pull the trigger on something new.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I do my own. In fact, I'm doing the IC right now! When I need a lift, go to Fort Myer's auto hobby shop. That's how I modified my old V70. Anybody can come over if they want.
wagon.

JasonHaven

Sadly I don't have the knowledge or the tools to do my own work these days, I'd rather pay someone to do things right, vs screw something up myself haha

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Sadly I don't have the knowledge or the tools to do my own work these days, I'd rather pay someone to do things right, vs screw something up myself haha
I still make the occasional mistake and probably more that I'm getting older now...

Everything is bolt-on and it's pretty easy. I've been working on my own cars since 1983 after I joined the military. I worked Auto Parts in 80 - 82, so I had that basic knowledge.

Brakes and rear shocks are easy. Front struts take more work and a spring compressor. They have one on base. The IC is easy too. It just has a lot of screws holding everything on. I'm going to sand down the honeycomb before I put the new IC in. The rain finally passed here and I'm on a supply run.

One way to learn is to be a helper and watch someone else do it. Whether they do it right or wrong you learn either way.

I'm putting in a new hot-side charge pipe too. The intake and crossover pipe will be whenever I have the time...

You're always welcome to come watch. And help...lol I'm in sterling.

Last edited:
The rain storms this year have been terrible..

I'm very interested in how the front grille looks after you've sanded down the honey comb. Do you have plans to paint (or otherwise make prettier) the crash bar that sits behind it?