Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Watching Cyl 3

HagWire

Recently got a 2016 fiesta st that was stock besides a RMM. I put on a thermal R&D exhaust, drop in performance air filter, sound symposer delete and a dual port shorty BOV. Recently I was told to set my AP to watch for knocks in Cyl3 and 99% of the time it never says anything but very occasionally it will read one single knock. It has only done it twice now and each time was about a month apart and it only happens during big pulls. My tires are currently unbalanced and I’m unsure if the car is just shaking and causing the sensor to randomly detect something or what. Car drives fine and has no funny noise/smells as of right now.

should I be worried about this random knock or should I pass it off as a sensor detecting the vibrations from my wheels being unbalanced

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Recently got a 2016 fiesta st that was stock besides a RMM. I put on a thermal R&D exhaust, drop in performance air filter, sound symposer delete and a dual port shorty BOV. Recently I was told to set my AP to watch for knocks in Cyl3 and 99% of the time it never says anything but very occasionally it will read one single knock. It has only done it twice now and each time was about a month apart and it only happens during big pulls. My tires are currently unbalanced and I’m unsure if the car is just shaking and causing the sensor to randomly detect something or what. Car drives fine and has no funny noise/smells as of right now.

should I be worried about this random knock or should I pass it off as a sensor detecting the vibrations from my wheels being unbalanced
Every single engine knocks* the only engines that don't knock are ones with artifical windows and have now become abstract lawn Art. If it's knocking all the time....then there is an issue. Again Every engine knocks to an extent.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk