Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Water-Methanol Injection?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Water/Methanol is designed to keep your engine running cooler but doesn't really add any significant hp.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
There was a person in the UK that had this done but I don't recall where that post went..

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Mostly it allows you to run more boost safely, thus making more power, if going to use it I suggest easily switchable tunes as it is a pain in the arse to keep filled if you drive the car much at all.

NOS, pain in the arse to keep filled as well.

Keeping things simple is best in nearly every case unless a dedicated race car and then a good idea of you can.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Mostly it allows you to run more boost safely, thus making more power, if going to use it I suggest easily switchable tunes as it is a pain in the arse to keep filled if you drive the car much at all.

NOS, pain in the arse to keep filled as well.

Keeping things simple is best in nearly every case unless a dedicated race car and then a good idea of you can.
I was going to reinterate the same thing.

I've had it for a month or so, by keeping the intake temps down it does allow the ECU to make adjustment which in turn allows for a slightly higher power output. My main findings are that it's more noticeable in the mid to high RPM's (where heat would start to build)
But it's nothing like Nos

OP
tim0thy1
Thread Starter #9
Are you running just water or water-methanol? Which kit did you buy and from whom?

I'm from the UK so who I bought it from is probably no help

I'm running a 50/50 mix of water and methanol.

I have the Devils own kit with their race tank

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
"Tanner" on this forum installed a snow performance one just fyi to everyone in this thread.

OP
tim0thy1
Thread Starter #12
Couldn't find Tanner on here. Would you mind contacting him and have him respond to this thread? I'm really interested in knowing how he likes his Snow Performance kit. Thanks!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Snow has been around for quite some time and I have only heard good things about their kits.

Absolutely required, a gauge or light to tell you when it is running, one to tell you if out of fluid, one to tell you if a fault.....I have seen setups that would limit boost automatically if it runs our or fails, plugged injector, etc......

I love the effects of using it but not the added complexity thus more to keep track of and more to go wrong....

If you do use one find a place you can get a 5 gallon jug refilled to save some money and carry a little extra in the car when going to events, etc......

TheStig

As others have said Water/Meth doesnt directly make more power that is noticeable, it allows you to tune for more power and achieve higher boost goals. Nitrous on the other hand is literally a power added in itself. Its like cramming even more o2 into your engine. GOOD Nitrous kits though require you to spray additional fuel at the same time as the Nitrous (Wet kit), which is what the big boys use when they have a drag car with a HUGE turbo, they use the Nitrous right away to help get as much exhaust gasses from the engine as possible to spool up the turbo.

Water meth is a much simpler and safer system, great for boosted cars like ours and i think EVO's even came with it from the factory for a couple years but i could be wrong. Just be sure you can monitor everything VERY closely.

I always laughed at the couple of idiots after Fast and Furious came out that put Nitrous on their Civics and whatnot and tried to spray a 100 shot of it into their engine with the butterfly valve not even fully open. Motor go BOOM.