Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

We have some time to make up.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Just posted today on the FoST forum-

Who's going to go faster than 11.77 with a FiST first?

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I don't know who or what that is. I'm pretty sure that it isn't a FiST though.
Lol, my bad-I misunderstood your question. Silver_Shooter has always been one of the leading FoST owners that does his own work, driving, and tuning. He's running the EFR6758 with 26" Hoosier's.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I think by next season, a few of us will be close or have beaten it.

PhoenixM3

Lol, my bad-I misunderstood your question. Silver_Shooter has always been one of the leading FoST owners that does his own work, driving, and tuning. He's running the EFR6758 with 26" Hoosier's.
Got it! When I re-read the post, I finally saw the caption above the photo. Thanks for clarifying....

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Correct. Matt was Silver_Shooter when he was doing all of his self-tuning before hiring on with Panda, so it makes sense that he would pick up his old username after leaving.

he holds the record for the fastest FiST with stock bottom end and block. i got plans to build mine, oil pan to the valve cover. looking for the 550+whp mark, going with either a gtx2871r or a gtx3071r. It will be a full build.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
he holds the record for the fastest FiST with stock bottom end and block. i got plans to build mine, oil pan to the valve cover. looking for the 550+whp mark, going with either a gtx2871r or a gtx3071r. It will be a full build.
Well... You've still got to catch up [emoji6]. My plans have been put into motion. It's going to be a lot of work or money to spool a 3071. Also, do you have any plans to build the driveline?

I don't see a point in chasing a Focus in a Fiesta because in a month or two the RSs will be setting marks that a fwd car would need to be a purpose built race car to match.

I like a fast car but the Fiesta has limitations and I don't drive around on slicks.

was thinking about a small shot of NoS to get the turbo spooling at launch then have a timer cut it off after a certain time. i might not use a 3071, ill just have to talk to russ [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] and see which way he feels would be best

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I don't see a point in chasing a Focus in a Fiesta because in a month or two the RSs will be setting marks that a fwd car would need to be a purpose built race car to match.

I like a fast car but the Fiesta has limitations and I don't drive around on slicks.
Who's chasing the Focus? I just want to go fast.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Assuming the RS doesn't vomit driveline parts... Marketing and real life are often two different things. Nothing money can't over come ( ask the EVO and STi boys ). But to say we can be sure the driveline will be built proof is going a little far. Also, most focus ST's are 3450lbs. The RS will add a good 250lbs. Now we're talking 3650-3700lbs !!! And I mean on a scale, not on a door sticker or sales pamphlet. A 350hp AWD car that weighs 3600lbs will still be fast/quick. But its not gonna be an instant 11sec car. One that runs 11.50 would likely be on the bring of exploding a VERY expensive driveline, if it had not already exploded.

Power + weight + AWD is rarely a combo known for reliability, and if it is reliable ( see AUDI ), then its rarely ACTUALLY fast ( which is different than magazine fast, again, see EVO/STi ).

One more thing... Guys that have been around the fist for 2+ years now, we know how hard it is to bring parts builders around for a low production car, how do you think that will apply to the RS with 70% of people buying them say, "I have an RS at home in the garage, I check the tire pressure 2 times a week, but never drive it". The other 30% might drive it, but modding them maybe not be a real thing for 5 years ( see 2004 R32 VW golfs ).

Don't get me wrong, DHM will prob have a setup for those 1% of people that are not going to be ok with losing to a fiesta at the drag strip or getting COMPLETELY DESTROYED by a big turbo Fost on the highway, but I just don't think modded RS's are going to be very common with the price and resale they will have.

On the flip side, the price of a 2013 fost is about to fall into SRT4 land, lol.

I do have to agree on the point of fiesta's ans even fost's not driving around on slicks everyday. Fearthesnail vs a stock RS on the street 0-100mph ? My money is on the RS that is likely a 13.50 car, lol. My good friend has a 28k mile 600hp syclone, and awd on the street is about impossible to overcome unless is a wrx, lol

jeff

2000 Post Club

Wimp Lo speaks with great wisdom here.

I think there are going to be a (small) bunch of 600hp Focus RS pretty soon because there are already a few 600hp EcoBoost Mustangs running around. I think they will figure out how to get in the 10s.

Like I said, I like a fast car but my goals aren't tied to the Focus at all.

Edit:

One more thing, the Fiesta ST aftermarket was slow because it is an uncommon car in the US with an engine that isn't in any other performance model.

Focus RS is starting out with a head start because of the Mustang which isn't limited production at all, has a historically strong aftermarket and even a Mustang SVO nostalgia angle. At the same time, Evo is gone, lots of people who would have bought one are going to buy an RS. Those type of buyers are going to do a fair amount of built RS too.

RS is going to be different in many ways.

OP
dyn085

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Yeah, the RS is going to be well-supported. Most magazine numbers are showing it to be a low-to-mid 13 second car, so I won't be surprised to see a few 12-second stock examples with good drivers. I've already seen some of the tuning info and upgrade concepts and it's definitely going to be a beast. It's a halo car and will get significant attention because of it. Not that Ford hasn't already aced the publicity leading up to it...

AWD to FWD just isn't a worthy comparison. I'm pretty excited to see what is in store for the FiST/FoST though, I think both platforms are going to make decent strides this year. I've seen a couple of 11.6 runs out of the FiST but the FoST just went over 500 whp over the winter so there might be a few drivers that can pilot some good times. They also seem to have a fuel solution almost finalized, so that should pave the way for some even larger numbers.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
was thinking about a small shot of NoS to get the turbo spooling at launch then have a timer cut it off after a certain time. i might not use a 3071, ill just have to talk to russ [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] and see which way he feels would be best
why would you ask me? Panda tunes your car lol