Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weather stripping disinigrading!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
The weather stripping around my windshield is falling apart! Never seen this before. 15 fist, 80k miles. Wtf is going on here? My 03 focus and 04 suburban are showing no signs of this.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The weather stripping around my windshield is falling apart! Never seen this before. 15 fist, 80k miles. Wtf is going on here? My 03 focus and 04 suburban are showing no signs of this.

Where do you live?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
So cal. Just 20 min north of Temecula.

Business6

Both of my front window weather seals will be getting replaced. Passenger side is shitting adhesive all over. Driver's side is showing similar signs. $85 at the dealer to replace and takes a whole goddamn day.

33k miles. I suspect this will be a consistent issue as it ages.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Shoot.... I think it peaked at 113 this year.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Both of my front window weather seals will be getting replaced. Passenger side is shitting adhesive all over. Driver's side is showing similar signs. $85 at the dealer to replace and takes a whole goddamn day.

33k miles. I suspect this will be a consistent issue as it ages.
Great! Im going to check the dealer tomorrow if I have time.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Shoot.... I think it peaked at 113 this year.

The sun and heat beating on the rubber is what did it in....and that it being black in color with the sun didn't help much. I've done my roof strips already at 33k....they started to peel and flop at the front where the adhesive/3m maybe China adhesive gave up it's ability to stick. I try to use a UV inhibitor on weather stripping to increase its age against the sun's uv rays..but it cant help with the heat unless you park in the shade....good luck!

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Hopefully its cheap. Lol. Wife is pissed at this car and some of its crapy components.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
She says a new car should not have this many problems.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
My 12 Focus along with lot's of other owners. Had the door seal disintegrating prematurely.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
She says a new car should not have this many problems.

Who is she the quality police? Things break...prematurely....it's a fact of life. Tell her to quit being a wet towel ! Every vehicle I've ever owned has had its own set of issues and that's life and the vehicles I've worked on also...some more than others.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Well
Radiator problems 3 times.
Axle seals 3 times.
Blend door actuator just went.
Now the windshield trim.

So thats 8 problems in 2.5 years

I understand where she is coming from.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well
Radiator problems 3 times.
Axle seals 3 times.
Blend door actuator just went.
Now the windshield trim.

So thats 8 problems in 2.5 years

I understand where she is coming from.

Me...axle seals x1.....Transmission replacement x 1.....roof trim x 2.....blend air door Ɨ 1.....would I trade all that to drive anythiing else without This vehicles fun factor? Hell no.....if she wants a money pit / black hole but so much fun to drive I'd suggest buying a GMC Typhoon or GMC Syclone from the early 90s....tune ups every 6k....spark plugs....cap and rotor.......10 mpgs.....eats Transmissions....cant rotate tires with stock wheels.....many many more ...but would I trade that vehicle in....F$&k No....all I can say is Boost launching. The coolest thing to do in A Typhoon or syclone....it does this.....with women...

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
That's the whole point. She don't want a money pit. We had very good luck with my focus so I guess both of us were expecting the same with this one. I have 5 kids and 1 on the way. I'm a very busy dude between work and them and that many kids is expensive. The vast majority of the car parts I get she buys for me for any occasion she can rationalize. (And have the money) Bought me sparco seats for the focus for Valentine's day one year. Point is, this day and age things should not take a sh!t early especially with so many auto makers competing. I do love the fun factor of this car. Makes me laugh every day on my long commute. But weather stripping on this new of a car even a base fiesta is aggravating.