Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well She is Down Hard Now!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I broke one recently but luckily it was long enough to get some vice grips on it, heated it up, etc..and it came out and I was pulling the turbo anyway, had spare parts, but in your case, that sucks, glad you got it done.

OP
lessard.dcj

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
the de fouler not being made right caused me to rip the first level of thread off my o2 sensor. once i found the issue (the defouler needs to reamed out a bit to allow the o2 to slide in as you thead it on)and after i drove around for 2 hours to look for a 18x1.5 die, i used my dremel and a cutting disk to very carefully cut a new thread on the o2 to allow the defouler to tread on. i was pissed, but hey 2j has my money... and the down pipes dont come with bolts. was told to reuse the oem ones... i told them the oem system uses studs.

OP
lessard.dcj

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Correct if you get a catted pipe you shouldnt need the defouler

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
My stock downpipe bolt did something like that as well. I got the bolt out, but it chewed the threads up pretty good. While I had the manifold off porting it, I ran a M8 1.25 tap through it. I used one of the good stock bolts in that whole, while I used a new bolt on one of the other wholes that never had an issue. That is rough though...

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
My stock catback bolts also completely destroyed themselves the first time I removed them at like 3k miles too.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

Had a customers nut freeze on the stud too. And one of his other nuts had to be removed with a torch. They actually are "one time use".

westcoaST

1000 Post Club

Had a customers nut freeze on the stud too. And one of his other nuts had to be removed with a torch. They actually are "one time use".
Thats gotta hurt [crazyeye]

I plan on using plenty of pbblaster, lots of tools, and a little luck to replace mine with a catted 2JR downpipe this weekend. Anybody know the Part number for both 02 sensors, from Rockauto, just in case????

The nut from the end of the downpipe to the cat back is also a one time use fastener. Mine required an extra long breaker, and a lot of pushing to get them loose.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
It's really this hard to do change the downpipe? I don't even want to waste the money on one if all this stuff is going to happen.

Kinda sucks because I want the extra power from the downpipe but I don't want to break or have to replace anything.

And I'll be having a shop install it. So I'm even more worried. Not because I don't trust them but I just don't want them to run into any problems.

I wonder why they made it so hard to switch them out. At least the exhaust seems to be an easy installation.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
It's really this hard to do change the downpipe? I don't even want to waste the money on one if all this stuff is going to happen.

Kinda sucks because I want the extra power from the downpipe but I don't want to break or have to replace anything.

And I'll be having a shop install it. So I'm even more worried. Not because I don't trust them but I just don't want them to run into any problems.

I wonder why they made it so hard to switch them out. At least the exhaust seems to be an easy installation.
I offered to do my friends for $100.
He ended up doing it himself. Directly after he sent me a text that said, "I'd easily pay you $200 ( or maybe he said $300 ) to do it vs doing that again. Lol

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Rodmoe, can you post pics of the windshield cowling removal from the Ford manual? Thanks.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Ha. I'd pay somebody that much to be sure nothing got broke or ruined. I'm just hoping my shop takes their time.

OP
lessard.dcj

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39

i had a stud come out as well. still in good shape but still.

OP
lessard.dcj

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Okay, I guess I'm an idiot then and not understand what the problem is. The stock downpipe bolts break or something?

Sorry, speak to me like a child. It will really work. Ha
1. It's ok. on the top of the downpipe there are 3 bolts that hold it to the turbo, and on the bottom there are 2 that hold it to the exhaust. the ones on the top holding the downpipe to the turbo are snapping off. there are no threads on the downpipe so no issues there.

2. with a non cat downpipe you need to get the defouler to stop the car from popping a check engine light. but if you have a system with the cat you dont need this as the cat will be there to do its job (slow you down [:)] ).