Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen

the duke

Well if you care to see some runs I remembered my gopro this time.

https://youtube.com/user/r2kool4u

I'm fighting the stock diff bad, so that's definitely my next upgrade.

I won't be doing any track stuff for a long time. I'm moving to NE next weekend, so I need to get settled in up there. Then I need to drop the car off for the diff, and some other bits. Then I'll start getting stuck in with track stuff up there.
Your entry at 55 seconds was too early. If you get another chance, take it deeper and pivot later to provide a straighter line on exit. Compound/multi radius curves typically like this method. Hand placement isn't bad, but shuffling a bit much. I prefer constant contact though.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #222
Search for Mass Tuning Trackdays, probably the best value up this way. I've got 8 booked for 2022 so far.
Oh I've already got a TON of events on my calender that u want to attend. Just need to drop the car off with Max to get a diff installed and what not.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #224
I did more towing today. Had to take the POS Harley to storage and the inside was filled with a bunch of stuff. Overall about 2000lbs extra, 1200 towed. Always does great towing, and with the carbotech pads it has PLENTY of brakes to stop this.

Attachments

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #225
Well I was able to be an adult, for once. Just made the last payment on the Lil ST.

G9nna be using the next few months as time to get the car set up and really ready for the track. Gonna be switching to Fortune 510's for suspension, throwing in a Quaife diff, and getting a set of 15x8 KE wheels from PTS.

Once I get it to that point and everything feels good, I might start looking into getting a cage done, but that isn't going to be for awhile.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #227
Well had a funky issue driving to work yesterday morning. It was about 5°F out driving 60mph steady when all of a sudden, beep beep, oh shit!!!!. Pull over, idle for a bit, no weird sounds, no smoke, no nothing. Temp quickly goes down and I shut it off. Pop hood, no boiling, res full, nothing out of the ordinary.

Start it back up......temp at 188 and didn't go above 190 for the rest of the drive to work.

Was perfe try fine today to and from.

Gonna monitor it for now. Going to try and get the e46 up here so I can drop the ST off for a TB/WP, Thermostat, and ANOTHER flush. Also get diff/clutch done at the same time as well as the engine mounts.

Attachments

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #228
Well, I have officially crossed the 50k Mile barrier. Car is still doing great. Much happiness with the S280. It's been on since 24-25k and NEVER given me an issue.

It still gets 33mpg avg on my daily commute.

Next mods are going to be an SE rear spoiler, Quafie Diff, and an ST200 clutch (the OEM clutch has been amazing for 50k so why deal with something else?).

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #230
The SE spoiler because; less drag/better mileage, you like the looks better, or as precursor prep for one of the huge time attack/time trial type rear wings? [dunno]

Or are you referring to something other than a base Fiesta wing?
Cause I like the look. I took the ST spoiler off and kinda dig the "rounded" look.

Plus I'm gonna be doing a full debadge, including the ST in the grill. Kinda want to do a "sleeper" deal. Going to be installing a 3" vibrant resonator as well to quiet 'er down a bit.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #231
And a long overdue update.

Ordered some DNA Front LCAs, can't wait to get em in. I've been running with a completely shot d/s LCA bushing for the last 8 months.

Got the SE wing installed, and prepping to fix the roof rust.

Got some Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus tires wrapped around the slipstreams. Gotta say, they are a DAMN good tire. I have been running on half worn and heat cycled R888Rs, which is a tad bit dicey in the wet.

Need to order some rack mounts/bushings from Alex and that will wrap up the upgrades to the front suspension and steering.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #232
So I got the DNA Front LCAs installed. Much much nicer. Front end feels a good bit tighter and they definitely helped with the steering feel too.

Car is just about to cross 60K miles and still running perfect. Been debating on what my next steps with the car are going to be.

As of right now it's almost time to put it back in winter mode and trudge through the crappiness that is a New England winter.

Just had an oil change done and swapped out to my winter in suckfest Massachusetts tires last week. Today went through all the hoses and double checked all my fluids for the coming winter and discovered the coolant line from the bottom of the resevoir was getting sliced up by the engine cover. I trimmed the the cover so it wouldnt rub and have a new hose on order but until then I wrapped that sucker up with some gorilla tape and thankfully it wasn't leaking yet.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yet another reason why I scrapped the cover.

I will deal with the lifter/tappet/D.I. noises, and the slight loss of heat retention in the winter (but also in the summer when you DON'T want it! [wink]).

^^^Yet another reason why I scrapped the cover.

I will deal with the lifter/tappet/D.I. noises, and the slight loss of heat retention in the winter (but also in the summer when you DON'T want it! [wink]).
I'll keep it on for the winter but it's def coming off for now on in the spring. Yeah engine noises never bothered me either I like hearing the dance of all the parts working in unison😃.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #236
Update:

Almost at 65K miles and still running like a top.

Haven't done any track driving or auto-x since i've moved to New England but I do want to get back into it this year. I need to upgrade from the Ksport coils as the D/R shock is 100% blown and useless.

Gonna be dropping off my Work Meister S1 2Ps off to get refinished so I can get them on the car this year. Haven't ran 17's since I got the car but I am willing to deal with em as i'll be running my favorite wheel!!

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #238
Oh yea.

Finally got the Works back from refinishing and getting the tires mounted and balanced.

Looks awesome. I love the ceramic polish finish. I was gonna have the centers powdered in factory silver but decided to leave em raw, I think I like this more.

Attachments

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #239
Just drove 620 odd miles today. I like the PS31s. Quiet and smooth at 80 mph, and stable while towing my empty trailer at 75.

Averaged 24mpg at 70-75 while towing and loaded with about 250 pounds of crap.

Dropped the trailer and the 250 pounds of crap and was averaging 34-36 at 70-75.

Just crossed 69,000 miles and still love this car. My 6 year anniversary is in October and I don't see this ending any time soon.