Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #142
I just placed my order on a set of KSport coils. How much is yours lowered by?
Now, no idea, probably an inch maybe 3/4 of an inch lower than stock right now. (These are 185/65/15 tires)

On the Ronal R50 wheels, the rears were all the way down with both the adjuster and perch still in, as well as the stock isolator on top of the adjustable perch, and the fronts, well they have PLENTY of adjustment because they use a threaded body so it can keep the se stroke, as well as a threaded spring perch.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #143
View: https://youtu.be/Gz5sbz3n0WI

Welp, I switched tuners over to Adam at Tune+. Nothing against Jason, but I figured I wanted to try out another well respected tuner.

Comparisons, Jason's tune is very linear and progressive. Not too punchy but is very easy to modulate and makes power all the way to 7k (or feels like it)

Adams tune is much more aggressive. His timing corrections are smaller than Jason's so I'm sure he does a lot of his magic through timing instead of boost.

Both tunes have been amazing. I ran Jason's tune for the S280 for 8k miles and it did amazing. I finished up with Adams tune a couple weeks ago and things are looking good so far.

The video is a pull of the final tune from Adam, and a fresh set of Ruthenium plugs. Traction is a no-go in 2nd with this set up.

Next mod is an M fa tory diff, spec stg 3+ clutch, new OEM slave, and new OEM flywheel (staying dual mass for now). Also going to be upgrading to vibratechnics mounts as well.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #145
No more winter mode, lowered it back down. Gave the coilovers a good clean, service, and lube. Took off the last mudflap since I ripped two others off (oops).

Need to order new front swap bar endlinks, the ones that came with the Ksport coils are completely kaput.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #146
Welp the local 1/4 opened for the first time this year and I decided to take the Fiesta for some fun.

Very happy with what I was able to get out of it. Still stock fuel 93 and on the R888Rs. Some fuel upgrades are definitely due, and slicks are already on the way.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What is the best 60' anyone has gotten out of these cars, even with full-on drag radials/drag slicks on them, limited slips, effective launch control, and big power?

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #148
What is the best 60' anyone has gotten out of these cars, even with full-on drag radials/drag slicks on them, limited slips, effective launch control, and big power?
I think like 1.8-1.9

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #149
Welp got my 12 sec slip.

Car is still stock fuel, 93, S280, stock.clutch diff and axles.

M&H 7.5/23 slicks, 10.5 psi cold, 1st gear burnout till I saw smoke for 3 secs. 4600 rpm Cobb HC launch.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #150
Well, got my Dekagrams on. Painted Rustoleum Key Lime.

215/45 RT660 Tires.

Turn in is amazing with them. Only driven a few miles around and to work. Definitely Definitely think I'm really going to like these tires.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #151
And for another upgrade this week, some Depo Euro headlights.

Morimoto LED bulbs, re-pinned conne tor so led DRL functions.

I'm so happy to have half decent headlights. My E46 has xenon and it's so much nicer to drive that the Fiesta with the stock usdm lights.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #152
So I went for a random drive a couple weeks ago and found a nice spot for some pictures.

Currently getting ready to do the mountune rad, person 4 port, and replace the rad support (broken from an interaction with a deer).

Mikey456

So I went for a random drive a couple weeks ago and found a nice spot for some pictures.

Currently getting ready to do the mountune rad, person 4 port, and replace the rad support (broken from an interaction with a deer).

I like that look… black with the key lime wheel. The wheel color pops out nicely with the black[emoji106]

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

NICE! I forgot that you have covered bridges down there as well. [thumb]

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #156
So I finally got the mountune/csf radiator installed. Currently letting it cool down so I can finish the bleeding process. But so far it's awesome.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I have to get me one of those as well. [thumb]

So far I've been lucky, even in this 100*+ heat, but then I'm running 70% water, along with a full quart of the Kool-It additive in the factory radiator.

I also do not use the AC, except to just switch on the fan's high speed setting when sitting in stopped traffic, and then turn it off once moving again.

I know that it is just a matter of time, and the next 115*F heat wave, until this is not even close enough to stop the dreaded dinging limp mode. [:(]

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #158
Yeah, I have to get me one of those as well. [thumb]

So far I've been lucky, even in this 100*+ heat, but then I'm running 70% water, along with a full quart of the Kool-It additive in the factory radiator.

I also do not use the AC, except to just switch on the fan's high speed setting when sitting in stopped traffic, and then turn it off once moving again.

I know that it is just a matter of time, and the next 115*F heat wave, until this is not even close enough to stop the dreaded dinging limp mode. [:(]
Yea, I've been lucky except for one time driving on 68 over the mountains.

Now with the Mountune rad the Temps don't really go above 196. I drive around for a.good bit yesterday, in stop and go through a city where ambient was 100°, and Temps stayed at or below 196.7.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #159
So no new updates, just been driving it and keeping it clean. Just passed 39k miles, and still running like a top. 15k miles on the S280 and I'm still in love.

Had a small play with a Lotus Elise last night, I don't think he expected a Lil Ole Fiesta to pull that well up to and past triple digit speeds.

And in other news, I am currently working a deal for some new wheels. I thought the ST community went slightly bonkers when I got the Ronal R50s, and I think these new wheels, if the deal goes through, are going to cause a MUCH bigger stir.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #160
Well the new wheel deal fell through as the seller didn't want to ship across the pond.

In other news, I'm debating on putting on the peron 4 port. I've heard of clearance issues if you have an aftermarket radiator and charge pipes.

Or sell the 4 port and pick up a hofp and injectors......