Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Welp the fog lights are glass alright, DOH!

TheStig

The little string of minor bad luck for my FiST continues, yesterday at lunch i noticed my passenger side foglight had taken a pretty gnarly rock it would seem as it is now air cooled.

Im surprised to find that they are actual glass lenses, pretty thick too. Guess i gotta pony up the 65$ for a new assembly and put some thick tint on them to keep it from happening again. But in case anyone is wondering, they are glass lol.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
While we are on the subject anybody know how to get the fog light cover off? I'm trying to put on the yellow covers but with the tabs that come in them I'd rather take the cover off then cut off the tabs.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #4
While we are on the subject anybody know how to get the fog light cover off? I'm trying to put on the yellow covers but with the tabs that come in them I'd rather take the cover off then cut off the tabs.
That is a question i will need answered soon myself, i should have put them on right away but i just never got around to it.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
There are clips from the back side of the cover...here's one for the Focus which is basically the same as the Fiesta ST.

2013_Focus_FogLampRemoval_.jpg

Young L

yea dude, you can order straight from laminx and they are only $15. Ordered mine already and im still waiting on my car to get here to Germany

i haven't looked too closely at them.. but is there a gap between the opening and the lens or is the lens curved?
i only ask because i made lexan "covers" for the fogs on my SVT because i shattered them one too many times..
just a though..
maybe get a thin piece of lexan, heat it to fit the contour of the lens (if it is curved)
the lexan should protect the glass pretty well... if this is even a viable option..