Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What are some max RPM limits you guys are hitting on builds w/ turbo upgrades?

Working with my tuner now and trying to get a feel for what other guys are doing.

I'm running a Whoosh Hybrid on a COBB stage 3.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
There was a video by DHM where he claimed to be working with Cobb to increase the max RPM supported by the stock ECU to 8500 and had a clip of a FiST pinning its tach. But, then, Russ was apparently pretty good at blowing stuff up.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I think mine is capped at 7k. It hits a bit over that in reality. (I try not to look at my needle when I am frantically aiming for cones autocrossing)

koozy

3000 Post Club
There was a video by DHM where he claimed to be working with Cobb to increase the max RPM supported by the stock ECU to 8500 and had a clip of a FiST pinning its tach. But, then, Russ was apparently pretty good at blowing stuff up.
I'm running Russ' tune with a 7,500 redline. Russ never released the 8,500 redline for public consumption on a stock motor. He advised against it and limited his tunes to 7,500. The 8,500 redline testing was done on his shop car.

koozy

3000 Post Club

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Hmm, I'm with Tune+. Wonder if my redline is 7,500. I always shifted at 7k

TDavis

1000 Post Club
During your tuning process data logging for your tuner, you never hit the rev limiter as part of the requirement?
Nope, he states to go in 3rd gear from 2500RPM to atleast 6-6500RPM for the datalogs

koozy

3000 Post Club
It's important to see what's going and how the ECU reacts when bouncing of the rev limiter, especially with aux fuel IMO.

On a side note, it's sad when I see plots with people running GTX's and have the stock rev limit in place. A significant advantage of running GTX's is being able to rev higher without the turbo losing steam.

I talked with Mitch briefly about this. With the built motor and V2 cams/springs, he said he’ll set the rev limit when it stops making power. No sense spinning it beyond that. I said “great now hurry up”! I didn’t

V_2

I'm in the process of tuning aux fuel and my revs are limited by fuel cutoff at 7K with a gt2560r, Tune+.

V_2

A

Aux fuel and running out of fuel?
Nah, plenty of fuel to spare. I just meant fuel is being cut to limit revs rather than throttle closure, assuming this is to allow for a potential higher redline if it is deemed beneficial to do so.

Nah, plenty of fuel to spare. I just meant fuel is being cut to limit revs rather than throttle closure, assuming this is to allow for a potential higher redline if it is deemed beneficial to do so.
Oh you’re still tuning. 4 port?