Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What clutch do I need?

I just purchased a 2017 Fiesta St with 103,000 my mechanic said my clutch is starting to go. The car has a tune 252 wheel horsepower and 271 ftlbs of torque. What clutch do I need? Stock, stage 2? Stage 3?
Any advice is appreciated

Dialcaliper

Need or want?

Need: The OEM clutch (made by AP racing) has been shown good for in excess of 350whp. The OEM ST200 clutch is slightly beefier still. Retaining the OEM dual mass flywheel will be kinder to your transmission.

Want: The primary reason you might consider a clutch upgrade is to go for a lighter single mass flywheel. You’ll have crisper revmatching but the clutch won’t be nearly as smooth. A SMF requires a sprung clutch disc

Sam4

Need or want?

Need: The OEM clutch (made by AP racing) has been shown good for in excess of 350whp. The OEM ST200 clutch is slightly beefier still. Retaining the OEM dual mass flywheel will be kinder to your transmission.

Want: The primary reason you might consider a clutch upgrade is to go for a lighter single mass flywheel. You’ll have crisper revmatching but the clutch won’t be nearly as smooth. A SMF requires a sprung clutch disc
As in "leaving from a standing start" smooth. I've now employed the hill-hold, cause I've lost my 'foot' completely. single mass and RTS clutch - it's great except for trying to leave in first.