What did you do detail-related today?

GhostRS

Staff member

Got to prep the RS for winter yesterday. Actually took the day off work to do it (and to just have a day off).
Summer set up came off and winter set went on.

Didn't get an "after" shot when I was all done... the clouds were rolling in and I was afraid I was going to get rained on.
But this one was just after the wash.

So I admit I didn't go nuts this time... I mainly gave it a good bath and then put a fresh coat of CarPro Essence on.
In the spring I will go further and do a full decontamination of the car and really polish it up from the winter.
My main goal was to get a good protective layer on.

Today, I cleaned all the glass and applied RainX antifog on the inside of the windows and the rearview mirror. I found that it is super easy to do, although I always take my time with my own car. Tip: Don't let it dry or it leaves what looks like nasty waterspots. If it dries, immediately buff, reapply, wipe, and then buff again. Use a good inspection light when working and work a section at a time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GhostRS

Staff member
It got up to 50 yesterday so I cleaned up the RS...

Unfortunately the roads were wet on my ride in to work today and it's already filthy again :cautious:

MKIIIRS

Administrator
It got up to 50 yesterday so I cleaned up the RS...

Unfortunately the roads were wet on my ride in to work today and it's already filthy again :cautious:
How are the husky mats holding up?