Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I would ask about any reception differences, but that destroyed factory one was losing some signal capture capabilities due to aging, corrosion, and cracking, so not a valid comparison.

But, can you pull in any weaker/distant stations with the Stubby, or do you not listen to the radio at all anyway??
I have not listed to FM radio on this car for many, many years, so unfortunately, I can not comment accurately on a before/after.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I have not listed to FM radio on this car for many, many years, so unfortunately, I can not comment accurately on a before/after.
...and I seriously doubt that you've missed anything in that time frame... 😄
Interestingly, satellite reception is handled via the grid at the top part of the windshield IIRC.

I would ask about any reception differences, but that destroyed factory one was losing some signal capture capabilities due to aging, corrosion, and cracking, so not a valid comparison.

But, can you pull in any weaker/distant stations with the Stubby, or do you not listen to the radio at all anyway??
The stations that were at the edge disappear with the stubby unfortunately. Even the reliable channels become noticeably weaker. I'd drop out of HD reception that normal never would.

...and I seriously doubt that you've missed anything in that time frame... 😄
Interestingly, satellite reception is handled via the grid at the top part of the windshield IIRC.
I still listen to some of the college station programming out of Philly, or out of NYC when I am up in the northern part of my state.

Once and a while they play the more esoteric, and much less populist poppy crap heard everywhere else. [wink]

Think I may have bumped into Shige Suganuma from Mooneyes.
I was grabbing something from one of the local Honda motorcycle dealers yesterday, and when I came out, a pickup had parked next to me, and a bike was being loaded into the back. A rather distinguished looking older Japanese gentleman was next to the truck, staring at my FIST with a furrowed brow, clearly had his gears turning as he looked over my car.

I said "hello" as I opened my door, and he started asking questions. "Excuse me, is this the "fast" version of the Fiesta?" I told him that if you can call a Fiesta "fast", this was the one. He asked several questions about what modifications the ST had over the standard Fiesta, and pointed out a bunch of things that he figured I had done to the car personally. He asked me to start it up, and listened the exhaust for a minute. It's a Borla, not too loud, but he smiled. He asked about the suspension, and I said that it rode harshly, but cornered well. He said "I know all about harsh. I have race cars that require a kidney belt." He thanked me for his time, and I thanked him for his interest in my car. As I pulled away, the tailgate of the truck slammed shut, with a Mooneyes logo on the back.

Hmm....