Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Swapped back to the oem brake pads after poor results with the Hawk (reds). Well, actually yesterday. Did a trip to the mountains today to test and really pushed it. After several runs up and down the mountain, and chasing after a new WRX (they ended letting me go half way down), I called it a day when the red hit 104°. Planning to order stock pads when these finally wear out. I'm close to hitting 7k on the car and it's always a blast in the mountains.

Also, discovered my rear hatch refused to open. It has been giving a bit of noise before it finally unlocks. Time for it's first dealer trip to fix something (n)

Car lost all audio output to the speakers today.. Then just as weirdly 20 minutes later it came back.

Going to have to replace high pressure pump on the gti. It didnt make it down the street today
Is this the same generation GTI that was notorious for chewing through the cam lobe for the high pressure pump? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Also, not fiesta related but ST related, I installed mountune clubsport suspension on my father's Focus ST as a late (shipping delays) father's day present. Also replaced the rear sway bar end links and bushings. Front end links and whoosh RMM coming soon. 100k on the stock suspension made it an absolute bear of a job, but it drives great and no more clicks, clunks, or groans.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Is this the same generation GTI that was notorious for chewing through the cam lobe for the high pressure pump? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
That would be 2.0 fsi which is is the previous version.

The 2.0 tsi fixed much of the issues. But this i feel is due to lack of maintenance from the previous owner. And vehicle age.

Remi

Well ....anyone who has issues with the V-band on a ATP system let me know....i figured it out well. I used there newer design style this time around. But I'll tell you what....God dam V-bands man. At least I got to drive my Typhoon to the Hardware store! Ironic signage at the store also! Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
You got rid of the sweet OEM wheels for C5 wheels?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Well i found a pothole and trashed an azenis. Big chunk taken out of the sidewall. The wheel hardly got a scratch. And i dont even think it got bent.

Gonna swap to some 16"s with near bald winter tires for the rest of summer. Nows a time to look for new rollers and rubber 🤷

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Car lost all audio output to the speakers today.. Then just as weirdly 20 minutes later it came back.
Was it hot out? Did you have it cranked up? I think the amp will shut off by itself if it overheats.

Was it pretty straightforward? Could I do it with the car backed up on ramps? Looks great...how does it sound compared to stock?
I had it up on 4 jacks but I think it could be done with just the back end up
Bass, lots of low growls sound around town but no drone, no louder than stock @ 70mph

I have weird resonance, it gets really loud For a second when I give some gas and let off @3000RPM. I think it’s rubbing somewhere maybe
Have to get under and check
It is tight fit, low clearance getting it on

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Was it hot out? Did you have it cranked up? I think the amp will shut off by itself if it overheats.
Didnt have it cranked. Wasnt super hot out. Went in one store with. Things working as i shut off the car. Went to head to another store and no radio the whole way. I think it was a software glitch. It came back a few key cycles later

Fiestig

Took the bumper off to secure the charge pipes with new clamps. Managed to develop a fitment issue *somewhere* that didn't exist before today so there's now a small gap under the front part of the headlights and the hood/bumper gap is slightly larger.
Finally got around to figuring out why my FiST #2 had the gap.

alignmenttabs-broken.jpg alignmenttabs-broken2.jpg alignmenttabs-broken3.jpg alignmenttabs-broken-partnum.jpg

If you look through your grill and your tabs are missing, that be the problemo

When I did my quick shift noticed I had a lot buildup on top of the tranny next to the shifter arm, bottom of the engine and tranny is dry, kinda scared now lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

PunkST

2000 Post Club
When I did my quick shift noticed I had a lot buildup on top of the tranny next to the shifter arm, bottom of the engine and tranny is dry, kinda scared now lol
There is a vent for the trans near there. I think that piece is part of the grille actually.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It comes off. I am just going to trim some abs, heat to bend, and attach it to the existing piece I removed. Then shape some aluminum to line the bend for structure

View attachment 33339
Here is something that someone with a 3-d printer should make! Replacements for those who break them! Where is SirThomas88 at?