Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Bought my car a shiny new evap canister after a run in with some road debris. Wallet is now a few hundred dollars lighter.
If anyone has a no pistons skid plate they want to offload, lmk...
I was curious how often that happens. The shield is quite expensive (yes, built well, but geez, give me something blue collar! Nobody will be looking at in unless I run them over.) I think I will start researching a DIY blue, or grey, collar solution.

I have been looking at other cars' plastic skid plates and just cutting and melting to fit. They can be had for $40 and up. I just have too many other things going on around the house.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF you have any fab skills, and access to a brake/bender, you could get some 1/8" thick aluminum sheet, bend it to shape, and drill some holes for the mounting points. [thumb]

I did/do NOT, and I definitely need(ed) to protect that cannister on the ROUGH gravel stage rally roads I drive down volunteering on ARA rallies, so I bought the No Pistons one when it was still available. [wink]

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
IF you have any fab skills, and access to a brake/bender, you could get some 1/8" thick aluminum sheet, bend it to shape, and drill some holes for the mounting points. [thumb]

I did/do NOT, and I definitely need(ed) to protect that cannister on the ROUGH gravel stage rally roads I drive down volunteering on ARA rallies, so I bought the No Pistons one when it was still available. [wink]
It's called a bench vise and BFH....lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Installed the turbosmart 7lb wastegate and loaded Dizzy e40a tune. All smiles here except for the stupid heat shield😠😠 but good thing is I'm getting better at removing and installing it. First attempt took 3 hours to remove and put back now I did it all in about an hour 😁

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Installed the Depo Euro Headlights. Everything came perfect and the quality is amazing. I received them in 3 days. Katana LED for low beam and i already see way better then the garbage oem.
I was thinking tonight how funny it is we say our headlights suck.

OMG, compared to the sealed beams in 60s and 70s cars? lol

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I was thinking tonight how funny it is we say our headlights suck.

OMG, compared to the sealed beams in 60s and 70s cars? lol

Yep, even comparing the Fiesta ST lights to a 2005 era Japanese car headlights it's hard to say our headlights suck.

Finished up by putting Luxeon LED fogs. And putting the dust covers on over the Katana H7 LED’s. The fans on those are pretty loud idk if I should be concerned. Just waiting on my LED high beams and the holders and I’ll be set. People will call me crazy for investing $500 into lighting but it’s well well worth it. Def loving the luxury style lighting haha.

Attachments

haste

1000 Post Club
Drove the crap it out of it for the first time after installing the LSD and final drive.

I can't stop smiling. I've owned it for six years now and it's still amazing.

I'm speechless with the recent modifications. Smiles x1000, all over again.

I can't believe I've owned a car this long, still look back at it after a drive and have the biggest grin on my face.

IMG_20201015_180953479.jpg

I got access to a hoist today so I did my axle seals. It's a breeze if you can get it up on a hoist. I tried to do it last week on the ground with jack stands and I hurt my back so bad, that I have an appointment with a chiro tomorrow.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Drove the crap it out of it for the first time after installing the LSD and final drive.

I can't believe I've owned a car this long, still look back at it after a drive and have the biggest grin on my face.

View attachment 35232
Yeah, I'm jealous of the limited slip alone, even before one gets to the lower ratio ring and pinion. [twothumb]

Besides the joy they bring from the driving experience, I personally believe that they are THE best looking little hatches, bar none, whether in 2 door OR 4 door guise (albeit I love the Euro/Brit/rest of world 2 doors more). [:)] [driving]

You put your factory wheels on the SVT?? [coolsmile]

View attachment 35232

Which lsd did you go with? I've been eye ballin the Mfactory unit, I came down with a case of the dreaded flywheel chatter so I'm planning on throwing the lsd in there along with a new clutch and a lighter flywheel. Just recently came across the final drive on the Whoosh site and it is very tempting however I'm not sure if I can fit it in my budget. I plan on having these parts installed at a shop or dealer and I'm wondering how much more the final drive would add to the bill. Maybe I'll ditch the lighter flywheel in favor of the final drive gear? :unsure:

Btw, those FiST wheels look great on the old focus back there, don't really like them on the fiesta but for some reason they work on the focus.

*edit: Just saw the Quaife in the description (y)

haste

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I'm jealous of the limited slip alone, even before one gets to the lower ratio ring and pinion. [twothumb]

Besides the joy they bring from the driving experience, I personally believe that they are THE best looking little hatches, bar none, whether in 2 door OR 4 door guise (albeit I love the Euro/Brit/rest of world 2 doors more). [:)] [driving]

You put your factory wheels on the SVT?? [coolsmile]
Me and plenty others agree on the two door statement! Love this car, even though I got stuck with four doors and a sunroof.

And yep, put the rado grey wheels on the SVT. I think they helped it look a little more modern. :)

haste

1000 Post Club
Which lsd did you go with? I've been eye ballin the Mfactory unit, I came down with a case of the dreaded flywheel chatter so I'm planning on throwing the lsd in there along with a new clutch and a lighter flywheel. Just recently came across the final drive on the Whoosh site and it is very tempting however I'm not sure if I can fit it in my budget. I plan on having these parts installed at a shop or dealer and I'm wondering how much more the final drive would add to the bill. Maybe I'll ditch the lighter flywheel in favor of the final drive gear? :unsure:

Btw, those FiST wheels look great on the old focus back there, don't really like them on the fiesta but for some reason they work on the focus.

*edit: Just saw the Quaife in the description (y)
(y)

Man, so far in loving the new final drive. I'm learning I don't have to shift as much and it definitely gives the car an edge it didn't have before. The butt dyno definitely feels the change.

I actually reused my flywheel. According to the service manual inspection guidelines, it was ok.

CSM

1000 Post Club
(y)

Man, so far in loving the new final drive. I'm learning I don't have to shift as much and it definitely gives the car an edge it didn't have before. The butt dyno definitely feels the change.

I actually reused my flywheel. According to the service manual inspection guidelines, it was ok.
Did you shim your dif?

Picking up my car this wkd from mechanic and he said he called Quaife direct and they confirmed no shimming needed on Fiesta ?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Did you shim your dif?

Picking up my car this wkd from mechanic and he said he called Quaife direct and they confirmed no shimming needed on Fiesta ?
What I have read is FiST no, FoST yes

EDIT.....I just saw another post that Quaife says it must be measured, so that sounds like yes, but only if applicable.

Last edited:

haste

1000 Post Club
Did you shim your dif?

I didn't just install a differential. I basically rebuilt the transmission. The specific Ford Performance installation instructions for the Quaife does not specify checking differential end float for shimming but the service manual for the transmission does.

I guess it depends. I replaced all the bearings in the transmission I installed the LSD and final drive. I found I needed a 0.6mm shim instead of the stock 0.5mm that was already factory installed. I originally installed the factory shim but had VERY slight end float instead of preload with the two case halves together which forced me to check the float with no shim installed. Considering there is supposed to be a preload on the bearings, I felt installing a different shim was the right thing to do.

Consider this though, the difference between a 0.6mm 0.5mm shim is minimal. I imagine you will be fine.

I definitely can make one myself, but my family's metal fab shop is currently packed into a shipping container so they can move it all to a new house. Figured it was worth a shout on here.