Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Yes, this is a DIRECT FIT, OEM replacement size, type, and terminal style/position AGM battery.

It is NOT one of their (much) lower power, lightweight, 'racing' batteries which need funky terminal adapters in order to function with our car's battery cable terminals, like those 'racing' batteries do. [wink]

I AM (pleasantly) surprised that Auto Zone can, and is willing to get these ordered in for customers, let alone having it on the racks<-(??). [:)] [thumb]
I got the Diehard AGM at Advance. works great so far. I would tell anyone to go with AGM.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Drove it for the first time in ~6 weeks but now it’s back apart to add pre load to the IWG. Gotta love adjusting it on the Garrett turbos with the IWG on the engine side. S280 adjustment took ~15 min. 2860 adjustment takes ~6 hours!
That bad huh? I thought the s280 adjustment was a pain, I had to do it twice so far.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That bad huh? I thought the s280 adjustment was a pain, I had to do it twice so far.
It's pretty bad lol. I've figured out the easiest way is to take off the oil return and drop the turbo and manifold together. Rest on the axle while I play with the IWG and then put back together. Basically doing a full install except the oil feed and coolant lines can stay connected. Hopefully this is the last time. was at 8.5 PSI, added two turns, now 11 psi. Added 2.5 more turns. We shall see but need close to 14

I cant comment on the 2 or 4PT brace but I have the 6PT Brace. And i'm sure with every 2 PT's they add it probably adds overall rigidity. I used to ride over bad parts of the road and the whole car would shimmy and rattle to where I could head the dashboard shaking. This brace FIXED that on a level I didn't expect. The car is much quieter on the road then it ever was. I have super bald Fiehawk Indy 500's (Garbage tire) and it would be sliding around when I was taking a turn. When I would jam my foot on the throttle is would just spin the tire endlessly. After putting on the brace I have traction again and it grips really good. Keep in mind I have the same tires on the car. Aaaaaand it takes turns like it did when the tired wear almost new. I can only imagine how the car will feel when I put on coilovers and good tires.

DEF WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
I absolutely love my Indy 500s. Why did you hate them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Magnetic

I absolutely love my Indy 500s. Why did you hate them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I hated them because they were nowhere near as good as the OEM Bridgestone Potenza's the car came with. I bought them because Tire Rack had them for less than $100 a piece back in 2018 and people raved about them. Within the 1st 5 min of driving them I noticed several things.

1. The turn-in was nowhere (and I mean nowhere) near as sharp as the BS's.
2. The grip was nowhere (and I mean nowhere) near as grippy as the BS's.
3. They felt very squishy compared to the OEM BS's When turning left and right quickly (like a chicane) they were a bit sloppy.
4. The stopping power was also the same result as 1 and 2.

Just overall they we not even close to the OEM. And that was coming from bald RE0505's (OEM) I've now got a set of Falken Azenis 660's waiting for a coilover install and I'm hoping they are on par or better than the Bridgestones. We'll see in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Erick_V

I hated them because they were nowhere near as good as the OEM Bridgestone Potenza's the car came with. I bought them because Tire Rack had them for less than $100 a piece back in 2018 and people raved about them. Within the 1st 5 min of driving them I noticed several things.

1. The turn-in was nowhere (and I mean nowhere) near as sharp as the BS's.
2. The grip was nowhere (and I mean nowhere) near as grippy as the BS's.
3. They felt very squishy compared to the OEM BS's When turning left and right quickly (like a chicane) they were a bit sloppy.
4. The stopping power was also the same result as 1 and 2.

Just overall they we not even close to the OEM. And that was coming from bald RE0505's (OEM) I've now got a set of Falken Azenis 660's waiting for a coilover install and I'm hoping they are on par or better than the Bridgestones. We'll see in the coming weeks.
You are comparing a 140tw tire to a 340tw tire, they're in different categories on Tire Rack too. I will agree they weren't as responsive as other 200tw tires but that was expected. The OEM RE050A and RT660's you're about to install would be a more fair comparison. You'll love the RT660's, I personally do. I won't hesitate to buy them again.

Magnetic

You are comparing a 140tw tire to a 340tw tire, they're in different categories on Tire Rack too. I will agree they weren't as responsive as other 200tw tires but that was expected. The OEM RE050A and RT660's you're about to install would be a more fair comparison. You'll love the RT660's, I personally do. I won't hesitate to buy them again.
Yes I fully agree their a completely different treadwear which is 100% the reason why they're much better. At the time people were going nuts over them and I thought they'd be closer. But yeah def not the tires fault and honestly for sub $100 the value is there.

Nowadays though the Falken's are like $20 more so that pushes the Indies out further back based on price. I couldn't pay $151 a tire for the indies. So that's why I really think they're not up to par.

So nowadays for the price they're DooDoo.

1634837031682.png

1634837050857.png

Last edited:

Erick_V

Yes I fully agree there a completely different treadwear which is 100% the reason why they're much better. At the time people were going nuts over them and I thought they'd be closer. But yeah def not the tires fault and honestly for sub $100 the value is there.

Nowadays though the Falken's are like $20 more so that pushes the Indies out further back based on price. I couldn't pay $151 a tire for the indies. So that's why I really think they're not up to par.
Wow. I had no idea they were that close in price now! I believe I paid like $80-$90 per tire about 2 years ago. I couldn't justify that unless I needed some tires to daily on, I'd probably try the Conti DW if that was the case

Magnetic

I will say the 660s have insanely stiff sidewalls. My brother mounted them at his shop and they were a challenge. They created a noticeable change in ride quality. Worth it, but noticeable.
That's great! I like Turn-In so harder sidewalls are a plus for me. Especially for FiST's. Anything to accentuate the precision of it's steering is great. It's what I've always loved about these cars. Can't wait to mount the 660's! Stupid supply chain wreck is really putting a damper on excitement and getting my coilovers installed. Already almost 3 months since I've ordered the KSports. SMH! (I didn't order through Whoosh but should've!)

Magnetic

Wow. I had no idea they were that close in price now! I believe I paid like $80-$90 per tire about 2 years ago. I couldn't justify that unless I needed some tires to daily on, I'd probably try the Conti DW if that was the case
Those are my thoughts exactly! Seems like they're taking advantage of the popularity now.

That's great! I like Turn-In so harder sidewalls are a plus for me. Especially for FiST's. Anything to accentuate the precision of it's steering is great. It's what I've always loved about these cars. Can't wait to mount the 660's! Stupid supply chain wreck is really putting a damper on excitement and getting my coilovers installed. Already almost 3 months since I've ordered the KSports. SMH! (I didn't order through Whoosh but should've!)
100%. And they are excellent. I have FA 500s so I soften the damping for street driving.

A friend has a Mazda 3, ND Miata, and a GT4. Everytime he drives my FiST the number 1 thing he talks about is turn in and steering feel. You will absolute appreciate that about them.

Magnetic

100%. And they are excellent. I have FA 500s so I soften the damping for street driving.

A friend has a Mazda 3, ND Miata, and a GT4. Everytime he drives my FiST the number 1 thing he talks about is turn in and steering feel. You will absolute appreciate that about them.
How do you like the FA500's? I'm seriously considering ordering a set of those a few months after I get the Ksports since I recently found out they're built for Fiesta's not FiST's and will probably sell them here so someone can get a set of coils for their car on discount.

I'd order now but not sure I would get them sooner the the Ksports. (At this rate I might get them sooner LoL)
And I'm sure I could then at least appreciate them more since I'll know what lower end coils feel like.

I had messaged Ron @ Whoosh about Coilovers and he told me to get the FA500s. I kept pushing back with alternates and he kept saying get the FAs. I did their OE springs. No Swift upgrade. Debated the 510s but finally landed on the 500s.

They are excellent. I pulled off the Cobb springs and we mounted those on my nephew's FiST. It's apparent when driving them back to back just how good they are.

On-track manners are much improved. Less body roll. Easily adjustable damping front and rear.

Install was fine, but we didn't cut the strut towers for camber. So that was a bit of a pain to get setup, but easier than trying to cut a hole and gain access from the top.

It does change the manners of the car though. It's not a complete personality erase, but it replaces some of the hooligan/fun with greater precision.

Absolutely would select the FA 500s again.

Magnetic

I had messaged Ron @ Whoosh about Coilovers and he told me to get the FA500s. I kept pushing back with alternates and he kept saying get the FAs. I did their OE springs. No Swift upgrade. Debated the 510s but finally landed on the 500s.

They are excellent. I pulled off the Cobb springs and we mounted those on my nephew's FiST. It's apparent when driving them back to back just how good they are.

On-track manners are much improved. Less body roll. Easily adjustable damping front and rear.

Install was fine, but we didn't cut the strut towers for camber. So that was a bit of a pain to get setup, but easier than trying to cut a hole and gain access from the top.

It does change the manners of the car though. It's not a complete personality erase, but it replaces some of the hooligan/fun with greater precision.

Absolutely would select the FA 500s again.
How long did it take to get the FA500's from the time you placed the order?