Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Finally got my RT660's on. Of course it's the end of summer. They felt great compared to the neo gens I still had on. So much less spin and screaming. They feel a little squishier somehow. They just paved a section of some of the twistiest road in the area so perfect timing.
People tend to forget (or don't realize it in the first place), but the Neo Gens are an all season tire, even though they do not look like one, or have the tread wear rating of one.

The 660s should feel like a full-on, 00 tread wear rated, road race slick by comparison, even as grippy as the Neos are for an all season tire. [wink]

the duke

People tend to forget (or don't realize it in the first place), but the Neo Gens are an all season tire, even though they do not look like one, or have the tread wear rating of one.

The 660s should feel like a full-on, 00 tread wear rated, road race slick by comparison, even as grippy as the Neos are for an all season tire. [wink]
Nah, full slicks for ice. More contact for friction (y)

gtx3076

1000 Post Club

I expected to see tears and cracks throughout the rubber. Unless they replaced it before I owned it at 100k miles, it could just be a unicorn. I’ve put 40k miles of E30 torque on it since I bought it.

I have to admit, you all told me to upgrade it, I was stubborn about wanting to keep a quiet cab with the OEM. This vibra-tech is AMAZING. I drove a fully mounted MS3 and my rear view mirror shook constantly and didn’t want that again.

If I didn’t just install this VT mount I wouldn’t know it’s there, but my 1-2 shifts are soooooo smooth, and the lurching from the engine in 1st gear cruising at parking lot speeds is gone.

I used to get a little resistance shifting in most gears if I was aggressive, that slop is gone.

I’d give this mount a 11/10. It has exceeded my expectations. I’d say it’s as quiet as stock but a smoother driving experience all around.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

I expected to see tears and cracks throughout the rubber. Unless they replaced it before I owned it at 100k miles, it could just be a unicorn. I’ve put 40k miles of E30 torque on it since I bought it.

I have to admit, you all told me to upgrade it, I was stubborn about wanting to keep a quiet cab with the OEM. This vibra-tech is AMAZING. I drove a fully mounted MS3 and my rear view mirror shook constantly and didn’t want that again.

If I didn’t just install this VT mount I wouldn’t know it’s there, but my 1-2 shifts are soooooo smooth, and the lurching from the engine in 1st gear cruising at parking lot speeds is gone.

I used to get a little resistance shifting in most gears if I was aggressive, that slop is gone.

I’d give this mount a 11/10. It has exceeded my expectations. I’d say it’s as quiet as stock but a smoother driving experience all around.
Yup, why I installed one in place of a perfectly fine condition/low miles, but a bit more harsh, CP-E mount. [wink] [thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nah, full slicks for ice. More contact for friction (y)
Ironically, for the Monte Carlo Rally in the past (when the FIA still allowed full slick treads on tarmac stages), Michelin had some slicks with a sparse studding pattern in them (to get the crews through the few icy patches, or corners where the fans dumped snow and ice onto the roads to make things more 'interesting'), on the otherwise bone dry, but cold temp roads in the mountains above the Monaco maritime. :)

I went to install mine and the part of the mount that is suppose to go through the hole of the OEM bracket was slightly too big. Did you run into this? If so, what did you do?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I went to install mine and the part of the mount that is suppose to go through the hole of the OEM bracket was slightly too big. Did you run into this? If so, what did you do?
I noticed the bracket is polygonal, and yes, slightly undersized. I just tightened it down enough to see the “spigot” (as the instructions refer to them as), begin to deform.

I will double check everything is still tight in a few days, but I’m confident it won’t go anywhere.

If you want, you could drill out the bracket hole round, but it just didn’t concern me enough to do that.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I noticed the bracket is polygonal, and yes, slightly undersized. I just tightened it down enough to see the “spigot” (as the instructions refer to them as), begin to deform.

I will double check everything is still tight in a few days, but I’m confident it won’t go anywhere.

If you want, you could drill out the bracket hole round, but it just didn’t concern me enough to do that.

You can see the soft corners of this stock mount fit into the octagonal bracket hole.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
The more I think about it, the more I think it would be ideal to drill out the bracket so the meat of that sleeve is firmly seated into the bracket to avoid putting undue stress on the bolt.

I might pull the mount tomorrow and open up the bracket a hair. The right size bit, or a good abrasive should open it up fine. I would paint the hole to prevent rust, too.

When I attempted to install, it just looked like the OEM bracket sat at an angle without that hole not being being enough. I will try the same the next time I'm under the car.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
When I attempted to install, it just looked like the OEM bracket sat at an angle without that hole not being being enough. I will try the same the next time I'm under the car.

You can see there’s a significant gap between the plate and the mount. The shaft is aluminum, so I was hoping it was soft enough to deform into the plate hole.

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club

Here I opened up the plate hole with a uni-bit and a file. Because the mount shaft was now deformed I had to smooth down the sides with a file. Not a big deal. You can see the mount now rests against the plate. This should prevent stress on the bolt.