Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

ZeroMmx

U.S. Air Force Veteran
How the F did that happen?
I suspect that all the times I didn't let the car properly warm up allowed a bunch of preignition to happen. The preignition then just widened the gap on the plugs and it started to short. Causing it to get hotter and hotter. Melting the insulation. Then *PLOOF* it fails. To be honest I'm not really sure. This is the first time it's ever happened to me on any car. I'm keeping an eye on it. Lesson learned I guess?

All the other plugs had wider gaps then when I put them in initially. I'm using step colder NGK's because tune.

Fiestig

Really interested in how much of a difference (measured) these make.
Hell, I wasn’t aware anyone made an aftermarket coil.
Due to my setup, I should be able to tell the difference if there is one (and there should be although I won't be measuring anything since I have no base to compare to). Most differences for coils isn't necessarily power but instead how smoothly the power is delivered upon acceleration at different rpm points. Typically there is also a bit better idle. I will be driving quite a bit over the weekend so I can test thoroughly and give my thoughts.

Put on some used Bilsteins B14's. They seem to be in fairly good condition. I had to raise them to 5he top of the adjusters to keep them from rubbinng with my 205/45r17 continental contact sports. I think original owner had them set to be flush with stock sidewall height. The lowlight picture was me just installing with out adjusting them up. About a quarter inch of the tire was tucked.

Attachments

Wow.. So I installed a set of these sparkplugs today, number 3 cylinder, the plug was seized and wouldn't come out, kept getting tighter and tighter, I went back and foward but was getting too tight and was really worried it could snap or even strip the thread completely..

Got some fuel applicator spray from a friend at work and luckily managed to get it out.. SLOWLY... The lower 3rd of the thread on the old plug is really damaged, will get a photo tomorrow. The new plug didn't seem to want to screw in by hand and felt like it could cross thread so I tried another new plug and same deal, I got one of the old undamaged plugs and sprayed it with the same stuff and carefully screwed it in and it seemed to clean the thread as the new one went in fine after that..

I'm really hoping the thread in the cylinder head is ok.. the new plug went in just fine, just a bit tighter than the other three. But felt smooth. Engine was hot at the time.

Runs fine and seems to go a bit better, little more torque and power.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...g-set-4-pcs-2014-2019-fiesta-st-free-shipping

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Pumaspeed coils are in so we shall see...

View attachment 51386
I installed Swann ignition coils and they increased the power across the whole rev range, more responsive and uses less fuel and runs smoother. The old factory ones had over 110000km on them.. Was either them or some really expensive ones from overseas somewhere.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

the duke

Garage time! Going to swap my fluid, pads, and a new coat of wax(s) after a clay bar so rubber comes off easier after the track Tuesday :)