Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

the duke

[emoji33]

How close to total disaster do you think I was here...? Pretty close IMO..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
OOF.

if you can, you could run a tap through the bore with a back feed of air pressure into the port. That’s pretty much only if the entire thread is stripped

I understand most new plugs have a chrome plating on the threads, but I still recommend a little anti seize for an aluminum head. Just a small dab, near the tip end and it’ll spread as you screw it in. You have to watch though as this will mess up torque settings and rotation requirements as the antiseize reduced friction and therefore you can easily overtorque.

I also recommend changing plugs earlier than required. They’re simple and cheap. I believe Mountune recommends 20k or so with the MP215 kit

Well I reckon it's been quite a few months since I've done an update, as life has really gotten away from me this year, but here we go! [twothumb]

Random Pic dump from the last few months:
87067371-1E44-491F-82F2-06A262732ADB.jpeg
DC938F43-3E53-48F8-ADB5-C33125BC60EA.jpeg

I've been running the FiST on E30 all Summer, which requires me to drive the 90mins down to Phoenix at least once every 6 weeks to bring back 25gal+, as we don't have an E85 available up here in the Prescott area. Worth it! [driving]
14491306-4E2E-40BC-856A-B4380E01DE3C.jpeg

This is the first time the FiST has been in my garage in the past 2.5yrs that I've lived here, as my Jeep is a queen and gets high priority on garage space. [grinking]
115C987B-6B07-4E67-A684-EE8C71A344BB.jpeg

The reason for the garage visit, is I had a couple of juicy mods sitting around that I have been meaning to install for quite a while! [clap]

First up, is the Mountune Triple Pass Radiator, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE it has made! I was seeing 225* Coolant Temps in 100* ambient heat when cruising 80mph down the highway, which included 240* oil temps. Needless to say, after installing the Mountune Radiator, I haven't seen Coolant temps over 205* here in Arizona all Summer! [twothumb]
9BA9436A-1067-4570-9C0B-4687CA32E615.jpeg

Difference in thickness between the stock and Mountune Radiator:
612A7677-CA92-406A-9750-E122D9B879E2.jpeg

While I had the FiST in the garage, I also installed my used Pierce Motorsport 6-point Chassis Brace, and holy shit what a game changer this is for this car! [driving]
7EA16D04-AF61-4DAB-A066-3928B6705141.jpeg

It took a couple of ratchet straps and some time to get all of the bolt holes to line up properly for install, but overall a pretty easy install! Make sure you loosely bolt the front lower bolts up first, then get everything else lined up loosely and tighten it all up!

I absolutely cannot believe how much better the car handles after installing the brace! Turn-in is sharper, the car corners flat, torque steer has been reduced by at least 75%, and I no longer spin the inside tire when exiting corners! This mod is 120% worth every penny to make this car perform like it should! [clap]
A6A01A6D-923E-462B-A81D-D010E5422034.jpeg

This is slightly off-topic, however this is a really proud automotive moment for me!

Excited to announce that my Jeep Cherokee XJ got accepted into the Four Wheeler Magazine Overland Adventure 2022 hosted by Jeep and MotorTrend in Death Valley, CA on Oct 10-14th!
There's a ton of projects to do on the Jeep to make it magazine and video worthy, as the next month is gonna fly by! I'm also excited that my Father (the man responsible for my love of Jeep Cherokees) will be flying in from Virginia to attend with me! Looking forward to the adventure and meeting new friends! [cheers]
48C5D78B-6D0E-43A6-80C7-49ABB8F5CF45.jpeg

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well I reckon it's been quite a few months since I've done an update, as life has really gotten away from me this year, but here we go! [twothumb]

Random Pic dump from the last few months:
View attachment 51437
View attachment 51438

I've been running the FiST on E30 all Summer, which requires me to drive the 90mins down to Phoenix at least once every 6 weeks to bring back 25gal+, as we don't have an E85 available up here in the Prescott area. Worth it! [driving]
View attachment 51439

This is the first time the FiST has been in my garage in the past 2.5yrs that I've lived here, as my Jeep is a queen and gets high priority on garage space. [grinking]
View attachment 51440

The reason for the garage visit, is I had a couple of juicy mods sitting around that I have been meaning to install for quite a while! [clap]

First up, is the Mountune Triple Pass Radiator, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE it has made! I was seeing 225* Coolant Temps in 100* ambient heat when cruising 80mph down the highway, which included 240* oil temps. Needless to say, after installing the Mountune Radiator, I haven't seen Coolant temps over 205* here in Arizona all Summer! [twothumb]
View attachment 51441

Difference in thickness between the stock and Mountune Radiator:
View attachment 51442

While I had the FiST in the garage, I also installed my used Pierce Motorsport 6-point Chassis Brace, and holy shit what a game changer this is for this car! [driving]
View attachment 51443

It took a couple of ratchet straps and some time to get all of the bolt holes to line up properly for install, but overall a pretty easy install! Make sure you loosely bolt the front lower bolts up first, then get everything else lined up loosely and tighten it all up!

I absolutely cannot believe how much better the car handles after installing the brace! Turn-in is sharper, the car corners flat, torque steer has been reduced by at least 75%, and I no longer spin the inside tire when exiting corners! This mod is 120% worth every penny to make this car perform like it should! [clap]
View attachment 51444

This is slightly off-topic, however this is a really proud automotive moment for me!

Excited to announce that my Jeep Cherokee XJ got accepted into the Four Wheeler Magazine Overland Adventure 2022 hosted by Jeep and MotorTrend in Death Valley, CA on Oct 10-14th!
There's a ton of projects to do on the Jeep to make it magazine and video worthy, as the next month is gonna fly by! I'm also excited that my Father (the man responsible for my love of Jeep Cherokees) will be flying in from Virginia to attend with me! Looking forward to the adventure and meeting new friends! [cheers]
View attachment 51445
Both your vehicles look amazing! Congratulations on your XJ getting accepted, that's really cool!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I got to drive it again. It's been in the body shop for 6 weeks since I got rear ended. It feels so fast and nimble and just everything I want in car. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I got to drive it again. Woo Fuckin' Hoo!!!

View attachment 51447
Looking good! What you got hiding next to the mustang back there?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Just noticed my car got over 140,000 miles. I bought it with 100k for $10k. That’s about 40k on mostly E30. I got it tuned as soon as I could after buying it.

Maintenance I’ve done is tires, oil changes, front brakes, and door actuators. One windshield sprayer broke and had to be replaced.

Overall a reliable, fun and cheap car to own. I owe $3300 on it, but the interest is 2.7% so I’m not in a rush to pay it off.

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not today, but over the weekend I replaced the boost control solenoid. I'm still not getting boost, max since the issue started is 5 lbs, since I changed the solenoid there's been no boost. The car also doesn't idle properly, and I will completely stall every few minutes of idling. Still getting the p0234 and p0236 codes. I've replaced the turbo and both boost sensors as well. Any ideas anyone?

OOF.

if you can, you could run a tap through the bore with a back feed of air pressure into the port. That’s pretty much only if the entire thread is stripped

I understand most new plugs have a chrome plating on the threads, but I still recommend a little anti seize for an aluminum head. Just a small dab, near the tip end and it’ll spread as you screw it in. You have to watch though as this will mess up torque settings and rotation requirements as the antiseize reduced friction and therefore you can easily overtorque.

I also recommend changing plugs earlier than required. They’re simple and cheap. I believe Mountune recommends 20k or so with the MP215 kit
Thanks! I probably should remove the number 3 cylinder sparkplug and add some anti-cease...

Was like 95,000km before I removed the factory plugs.. soon as I drove the car are fitting the replacement ones, it felt sluggish... They were said to be gapped correctly but I don't think they were.. I never checked them.

I got these new aftermarket ones checked at Porsche where I'm working.. they were gapped pretty well he said..

I'm noticing a pattern.. almost everything I have bought from Ford has turned out to be bad...... Glad I stopped buying anything from those shifty pricks...

Just noticed my car got over 140,000 miles. I bought it with 100k for $10k. That’s about 40k on mostly E30. I got it tuned as soon as I could after buying it.

Maintenance I’ve done is tires, oil changes, front brakes, and door actuators. One windshield sprayer broke and had to be replaced.

Overall a reliable, fun and cheap car to own. I owe $3300 on it, but the interest is 2.7% so I’m not in a rush to pay it off.
You selling an ST?? I'll fkn fall asleep driving anything else honestly [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] after driving mine for close to 8 years I don't want to drive anything else..

Business6

Driver's side front jack cover blasted off on the highway yesterday and was run over by my rear tire, smashing it to bits. There was a motorcyclist behind me about 150ft and he had to take some action to avoid it. If he was hit he didn't show it, but damn I felt terrible for the guy.

And now I get to feel terrible about this stupid ass gap in my side skirt that has to be ordered and painted. Ugh

https://www.tascaparts.com/v-2014-ford-fiesta--st--1-6l-l4-gas/body--exterior-trim-pillars

the link for the part(s) if anyone else needs it

ZeroMmx

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Driver's side front jack cover blasted off on the highway yesterday and was run over by my rear tire, smashing it to bits. There was a motorcyclist behind me about 150ft and he had to take some action to avoid it. If he was hit he didn't show it, but damn I felt terrible for the guy.

And now I get to feel terrible about this stupid ass gap in my side skirt that has to be ordered and painted. Ugh

https://www.tascaparts.com/v-2014-ford-fiesta--st--1-6l-l4-gas/body--exterior-trim-pillars

the link for the part(s) if anyone else needs it
My passenger side, front blasted off about a year ago and I've been too lazy to get it replaced. Thanks for the link. Fixing other issues right now. Like, you know, the EVAP issue we all have.