Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Business6

My passenger side, front blasted off about a year ago and I've been too lazy to get it replaced. Thanks for the link. Fixing other issues right now. Like, you know, the EVAP issue we all have.
Lol, it's so unsightly that I can't tolerate it for long but I need a proper body shop to redo my side skirts anyway.

And since getting my new engine I've had more of the EVAP stumbling. Going to wait a few hundred more miles before getting a tune on there again but I miss the raised idle which virtually eliminated the EVAP stumble.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Not today, but over the weekend I replaced the boost control solenoid. I'm still not getting boost, max since the issue started is 5 lbs, since I changed the solenoid there's been no boost. The car also doesn't idle properly, and I will completely stall every few minutes of idling. Still getting the p0234 and p0236 codes. I've replaced the turbo and both boost sensors as well. Any ideas anyone?
Stupid question maybe - can you hear the turbo spooling up? MAP sensor confirmed to be working correctly?

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stupid question maybe - can you hear the turbo spooling up? MAP sensor confirmed to be working correctly?
Both the sensor on the intake manifold and on the cold side of the intercooler under the car. This sounds stupid, but I can't remember if I can hear the turbo spool. Right now, I'm looking into the wiring with a mechanic friend to see if that's an issue. I'm not sure what else it would be at this point.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Both the sensor on the intake manifold and on the cold side of the intercooler under the car. This sounds stupid, but I can't remember if I can hear the turbo spool. Right now, I'm looking into the wiring with a mechanic friend to see if that's an issue. I'm not sure what else it would be at this point.
Hmm. Sounds really bizarre.

pixelzombie

Well I reckon it's been quite a few months since I've done an update, as life has really gotten away from me this year, but here we go! [twothumb]

Random Pic dump from the last few months:
View attachment 51437
View attachment 51438

I've been running the FiST on E30 all Summer, which requires me to drive the 90mins down to Phoenix at least once every 6 weeks to bring back 25gal+, as we don't have an E85 available up here in the Prescott area. Worth it! [driving]

This is the first time the FiST has been in my garage in the past 2.5yrs that I've lived here, as my Jeep is a queen and gets high priority on garage space. [grinking]

The reason for the garage visit, is I had a couple of juicy mods sitting around that I have been meaning to install for quite a while! [clap]

First up, is the Mountune Triple Pass Radiator, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE it has made! I was seeing 225* Coolant Temps in 100* ambient heat when cruising 80mph down the highway, which included 240* oil temps. Needless to say, after installing the Mountune Radiator, I haven't seen Coolant temps over 205* here in Arizona all Summer! [twothumb]

Difference in thickness between the stock and Mountune Radiator:

While I had the FiST in the garage, I also installed my used Pierce Motorsport 6-point Chassis Brace, and holy shit what a game changer this is for this car! [driving]

It took a couple of ratchet straps and some time to get all of the bolt holes to line up properly for install, but overall a pretty easy install! Make sure you loosely bolt the front lower bolts up first, then get everything else lined up loosely and tighten it all up!

I absolutely cannot believe how much better the car handles after installing the brace! Turn-in is sharper, the car corners flat, torque steer has been reduced by at least 75%, and I no longer spin the inside tire when exiting corners! This mod is 120% worth every penny to make this car perform like it should! [clap]
View attachment 51444

This is slightly off-topic, however this is a really proud automotive moment for me!

Excited to announce that my Jeep Cherokee XJ got accepted into the Four Wheeler Magazine Overland Adventure 2022 hosted by Jeep and MotorTrend in Death Valley, CA on Oct 10-14th!
There's a ton of projects to do on the Jeep to make it magazine and video worthy, as the next month is gonna fly by! I'm also excited that my Father (the man responsible for my love of Jeep Cherokees) will be flying in from Virginia to attend with me! Looking forward to the adventure and meeting new friends! [cheers]
"I no longer spin the inside tire when exiting corners!" That is one aspect i don't like, I'm hoping the Whoosh Trac bar helps in that regards. I didn't know about the Pierce Motorsport 6-point Chassis Brace until your post.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What is this 'rain' you mentioned???????????????
Gotta park outside @ work and it gets rained on and the rain leaves dirt behind .Then I have to wash it again ! But* Ceramic coating it definitely does Help make cleaning it easier.[woot]

Last edited:

4DGC

So I'm driving along and the dash lights start trippin' the screen throws up some messages and all the electrics just freak out. I've never seen this before in this car. I get to my office and find this. Apparently the body shop never re-connected my battery from when I got rear-ended. That was around 3 weeks ago and the cable has just been sitting on there this whole time. WTF! I guess I'm lucky nothing bad happened here. That had to spark multiple times.

20221005_111848.jpg

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Went to my tyre place and got 4 new tpms installed. The light kept coming on in the dash and it was pi$$ing me off not knowing which tyre it was!

Went to my tyre place and got 4 new tpms installed. The light kept coming on in the dash and it was pi$$ing me off not knowing which tyre it was!
I kept dislodging them after running higher pressures after awhile. Just disabled TPMS with Forscan and now even my set without TPMS at all feels right at home. :ROFLMAO:

Is this an expensive upgrade?
Go to car-part.com and look for a 2012-2014 focus headrest. Looks like there are several for around $50. You can also find them in your local junkyard. This work with Recaros and regular seats.

(6) Focus headrest swap for Fiesta with Recaros (vid) | Fiesta ST Forum
I just did this upgrade myself.

You have to watch which head rests you are getting when you shop for these. I ended up buying a set off EBay for $95 shipped. There are sets that are not tilt adjustable and those tend to be around $50-$60. You want them to be tilt adjustable and will need to look at the pictures to see if there are slots on the underside of the head rest where the seat posts enter the head rest. Jeff's video posted actually goes over this around 2:05 mark.

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not being the technically minded sort, I finally programmed my tpms. Try as I might, I couldn't get it to work. Then, thanks to a flash of brilliance, I left the car with the ignition switched on while I tried pairing the tyres. Bingo! Got a nice honk from the horn at each corner and got rid of the low tyre pressure light on the dash. Persistence won!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Are they headrests from focus st recaros or any regular focus seat?
I have a 2013 Focus Titanium and the headrests from it will match perfect with the Fiesta ST Recaros down to even the stitching being a silverish color. Unless of course you had the Magma recaros.