Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Both my rear shocks blew at 29K miles so I upgraded. A rear swaybar is also coming. View attachment 52483 View attachment 52484
Curious what you think of the B6s.

Looking to get a rear set to replace my B4s - this thing bounces so much on highway expansion joints, and I've heard B6s have a softer rebound rate which should help

gtx3076

1000 Post Club

Switched to new stock plugs. These don’t look as bad now but these step colders had a layer of dry powdery carbon coating the threads I cleaned off when I last pulled them, they also opened up to .030.

I’m going to monitor my ignition corrections for a while but romping on it with the new plugs I had no negative corrections hitting 24psi.

Switched to new stock plugs. These don’t look as bad now but these step colders had a layer of dry powdery carbon coating the threads I cleaned off when I last pulled them, they also opened up to .030.

I’m going to monitor my ignition corrections for a while but romping on it with the new plugs I had no negative corrections hitting 24psi.
Those look in alot better shape than the plugs I had pulled out of mine in the spring. I think they were the originals and had 60k miles on them.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Those look in alot better shape than the plugs I had pulled out of mine in the spring. I think they were the originals and had 60k miles on them.
These only had a few thousand miles on them.

Adam confirmed that on E30 stock heat plugs should be fine gapped at .026.

Engine oil and filter plus gearbox oil change today and new front tyres. 5th set I have had fitted to the front with the same set on the rear the whole time which were at first on the front for 2 weeks.. definitely save money IMO by not rotating your tyres.

Car just passed 131,000km the other day.

Still haven't been able to pinpoint that 3 cylinder startup problem. I'm leaning towards a dirty injector.. New aftermarket coil packs and aftermarket colder sparkplugs had ZERO effect on the problem.. Does it about 50% of cold startups and about say 85% of hot startups.. Been doing it since about 85000km.. Very strange and never misfires under load or at high revs.. Been doing some coughing while idling the last couple of months too but it comes and goes..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Both my rear shocks blew at 29K miles so I upgraded. A rear swaybar is also coming. View attachment 52483 View attachment 52484
That's crazy.. that's only about 46000km.. my shocks didn't fail till almost 100,000km.. and the roads here in Victoria Australia are an absolute nightmare.. rough and bumpy as hell.. Like driving up a riverbed..

Curious what you think of the B6s.

Looking to get a rear set to replace my B4s - this thing bounces so much on highway expansion joints, and I've heard B6s have a softer rebound rate which should help
Also replace all the bushings.. the stock ones are shot at about 80 - 100,000km.. mine was about then anyway.. you can feel them.. I fitted powerflex bushes in the control arms and the main beam to chassis in the rear and it drives straight and solid all the time now. They come with a lifetime warranty too. One of the best things I did for that car.

Sam4

Engine oil and filter plus gearbox oil change today and new front tyres. 5th set I have had fitted to the front with the same set on the rear the whole time which were at first on the front for 2 weeks.. definitely save money IMO by not rotating your tyres.

I have thought of that so many times...front tires? Burn 'em!

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
That's crazy.. that's only about 46000km.. my shocks didn't fail till almost 100,000km.. and the roads here in Victoria Australia are an absolute nightmare.. rough and bumpy as hell.. Like driving up a riverbed..

The roads suck here in Pennsylvania, but I didn't expect the shocks to both blow out at the same time. I didn't hit a hole that I know of. LOL