Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Got just a hair over 73k miles on my 2017 I bought last year with only 54k miles. My work commute was only 5.7 miles lol but with this car I would turn it into alot more going to and from, it's just so fun to drivešŸ˜ƒ how could you not want to make your commute longer.

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Oh lol, no crashes. I just live in an apartment complex and I did the turbo swap in about 10 hours by myself using car ramps so I couldnā€™t let the car down during the swap. The bruises / sore muscles are just from me being out of shape and trying to hurry so I didnā€™t get in trouble with my landlords. They wouldnā€™t be thrilled about me doing an oil change, let alone a turbo swap.
In my younger days, I pulled an engine parked beside a 7-11. I put it in the trunk of my girlfriend's 77 Tbird and quickly replaced all the bearings and one rod over night. It went back in the next day. LOL.

Time for the cringey spray bombed winter wheels to make their appearance back on the car. I will now be relegated to one of the slowest cars in town unless there's standing snow on the road haha. Even on "eco" tune I can't keep this thing off traction control. I regret going extra pizza cutter dimensions (175/65/15). It is fantastic on slush, but my goodness is it bad in the dry/wet. It definitely isn't the fault of the Michenlin X-Ice Snow's. I'm very happy with its behavior compared to the Blizzak WS90's and WS80's.

In the future I think I'm going to have both winter and summer tires on 17's. I saw that I can get aggressive snows now in 205/40/17. Getting some width back will be nice for traction.

20221115_180200.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^True, but then also consider that your chances of having to cut through deep slush, deep wet snow, and even some crunchy ice are very great in your locale.

I also would have gone to something that narrow if I lived there, but of course they could not go on my 15x7 Method wheels, and I would have had to find some crazy strong 15x6, or maybe 15x6.5 rally spec wheels to put them on (like the Speedline Corsa, or Braid Acropolis).

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Love me my BRAID wheels! Got them with the matt black finish but then got them powder coated gloss black. Much easier to clean!

Ok I'm not sure what thread I can ask questions about what happened to the car today..

Warmed engine up to about 75Ā° started driving home gently to wait for operating temperature and never really gave it anything and while idling in heavy traffic it did a few coughs and the revs dropped and back up again then got the "engine malfunction service now" notice and spanner, I pulled off the main road and let it ldle for a couple of minutes and checked under the hood and everything looked and sounded fine. Switched it off and waited about 20 minutes then fired it up and the warning was gone but when I went to give it a little it had basically no boost and when I let off the gas it made a turbo flutter sound like all the big turbos make.. Not sure but could be in limp mode. Drove home gently and engine sounds fine.. Something could have just tripped limp mode or some pipe may have come loose..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Installed my iJDMtoy fogs this weekend but unfortunately I can only use the yellow light setting. The white lights are aimed too high and blind everyone. lol was flashed more times that morning than all my Mardi Gras experiences combined!

Installed my iJDMtoy fogs this weekend but unfortunately I can only use the yellow light setting. The white lights are aimed too high and blind everyone. lol was flashed more times that morning than all my Mardi Gras experiences combined!
Yep, my yellow and white are aimed wildly different as well. Nature of the beast.

Yep, my yellow and white are aimed wildly different as well. Nature of the beast.
Did some searching today and someone suggested installing them opposite of how I installed them. So instead of having the adjustment screw facing down, have it facing up. That puts the yellow light shining higher than the white. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Did some searching today and someone suggested installing them opposite of how I installed them. So instead of having the adjustment screw facing down, have it facing up. That puts the yellow light shining higher than the white. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Thats what I did. I was replacing the headlight assemblies at the same time so I would place the fogs into place and check the aim. Then pull them out and make adjustments until they were good. Have the white light cutoff below the headlight cutoff and the yellow light is aimed higher. So far I have not had anyone flash me when running them on yellow.

Left it at the Prescott, AZ airport to fly to Denver for the week.

It really deserves a nice detail soon, but then again, I'm driving it from AZ to VA and back during the holidays, so the touch-up paint chips can wait until after that trip. :LOL:

I'm also due for front brake rotors and pads, as I'm at 41K miles now. I reckon that shows you how easy I am on this car! :LOL:

IMG_8195.jpeg

Sam4

Thats what I did. I was replacing the headlight assemblies at the same time so I would place the fogs into place and check the aim. Then pull them out and make adjustments until they were good. Have the white light cutoff below the headlight cutoff and the yellow light is aimed higher. So far I have not had anyone flash me when running them on yellow.
I take the old guy opinion (really?) that the sole purpose of yellow ('amber') is its fog cutting property at low, wide angles. So are you throwing long, lean white light rally-lamp style? Or is it just bright? I ask NOT in a critical manner!

Left it at the Prescott, AZ airport to fly to Denver for the week.

It really deserves a nice detail soon, but then again, I'm driving it from AZ to VA and back during the holidays, so the touch-up paint chips can wait until after that trip. :LOL:

I'm also due for front brake rotors and pads, as I'm at 41K miles now. I reckon that shows you how easy I am on this car! :LOL:

View attachment 52649
Flying to Denver today from
Indy - whatā€™re the odds

There is a crisp cutoff line at the top of the beam with the adjuster pointed down. When you flip it upside down the crisp cutoff line is now on the ground where don't need it and the light is scattered up into the trees and anywhere else it happens to go. The adjuster is definitely meant to go down but do whatever you want. It's your car.

There is a crisp cutoff line at the top of the beam with the adjuster pointed down. When you flip it upside down the crisp cutoff line is now on the ground where don't need it and the light is scattered up into the trees and anywhere else it happens to go. The adjuster is definitely meant to go down but do whatever you want. It's your car.
My whites donā€™t have a crisp cut off line. They are currently scattered up in he trees. So maybe I installed them upside down originally? Now Iā€™m even more confused than I was before lol.