Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I’m going to hazard a guess and say that he does it to protect his Fiesta from the large amount of road salt that I’m sure his state uses on the roads. Makes me glad I live in North Carolina where our roads only get salted a few times
Had to park mine up for 12 months because I lost my license.. and she can't drive manual.. [emoji15] the car did not like that at all.. IMO..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Sam4

Had to park mine up for 12 months because I lost my license.. and she can't drive manual.. [emoji15] the car did not like that at all.. IMO..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
ouch. And no cheating all those 12 months? Not one trip around the block? Huh? 'Blow some carbon off the spark plugs'? C'mon!!:unsure: (not that I condone breaking any traffic laws - disclaimer)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Installed my Xtreme DI HPFP and Bosch 30% uprated injectors today. Drove it for about 20 mins with some boosting and no fuel leaks! Man, rebending that hard fuel line was way tougher than I thought it would be, I. am. tired.
Ddid you change out the White seals?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Turbo/downpipe swap. From the bottom, where apparently everything is so tight everything needs to get unbolted and then fed out by axle. Same for going back in. Next time I'll take the damn cowl off. Such a PITA

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I take the cowl off and still do most of the work from the underside. Taking the cowl off helps a lot though and it’s just 4 screws and a few clips (10 screws if you count headlights)

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Installed the Whoosh coil packs and fresh plugs. At idle, it's noticeably smoother and I have changed plugs before, so I attribute most of the reduction to the coils. This is a big win because it helps mitigate the NVH from the CPE passenger-side engine mount. Acceleration seems smoother as well.

I never noticed that the coil closest to the driver side (is that 1 or 4?) is visible (not hidden by the cover). I bought black, so it's only apparent because of the Whoosh branding. If you buy red, it will definitely pop.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Winter tires (Riken Raptor A/S) being mounted as we speak. Preemptively missing my sticky summers (Falken RT660) now.
Let us know how those are in the very cold and DRY weather, as I do not expect much from them in any actual frozen precipitation. [wink] [:(]

Factory size on factory wheels, or one of the 16" size wheels?

pixelzombie

Unplugged the USB drive and pulled the fuse for the Bluetooth transmitter. After all that, I'm still having Bluetooth issues with 2 different phones. Is there another way to fix this issue?

did you change out the White seals?
The new injectors come with new white teflon seals pre-installed. The only thing that you have to take off the old injectors and put on the new ones is the metal seat rings which I of course did. The trickiest part, other than bending the fuel hard line, is cleaning out the fuel injector ports in the head. Mine were super dirty and I had to improvise some super long needle-nose pliers to wipe each port with clean paper towels until all the fuel-soaked dirt was gone. I also used a random pipe cleaner style brush i happen to have handy to clean the pencil sized holes that the teflon seals seat into. The job would have been a lot faster and easier had I planned on cleaning those ports before hand, imo.

I take the cowl off and still do most of the work from the underside. Taking the cowl off helps a lot though and it’s just 4 screws and a few clips (10 screws if you count headlights)
Taking the cowl off sounds like its definitely the way to go. The only things I did from under the car was the 2 dp bolts to the stock CBE, the DP to RMM bracket, the s280 supplied charge pipe, and the oil drain tube. I did everything else from the top and it really wasn’t bad. I was pretty shocked at how easily the stock turbo/manifold assembly came out and how easily the s280/manifold assembly went in. That was definitely one of the easier parts of the entire job. I even took the DP out from the top, easy peasy.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Washed it in the pouring rain, since that's the only way I can do it now where I am currently, unless I go to one of the 'scratches/swirls installed for free' drive through type washes around here. [:(] [:(!]

The damned lawn people blasted all of the grit, dust, and leaves/tree debris ALL over the poor thing a couple of days ago during their 'fall cleanup' BS, and I was obsessing about getting that shit off of the car before it got wet, and then the sun baked all of it into the paint.

I will now detail spray using DP's "Need For Bead", and hopefully find a place to put at least one coat of Collinite 845 on it, tomorrow. when it is dry.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Great idea, but I use the car way too often to be removing and reinstalling that every single time.

I did manage to get a solid coat of Collinite 845 on it today, and might even put a coat of Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant on the front clip/'bonnet', roof, and hatch/bumper, just to help it through the (supposed to be 'harsh' according to the forecasters) salt soup winter to come.