Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Put a frame on to keep the plate from bending all the time. Fake carbon fiber looks *real nice* with the “Eco beast” badge one of our former members must’ve put on here lol. View attachment 54339
The state does not harass you for covering up the bottom portion of the plate with that frame?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
About to find out!

Coming from NJ to Indy, it’s pretty laid back
Yes, when I was (re-)applying for plates and registration a couple of weeks ago here, in your former state (and mine as well, 11 years ago), they tell you right up front that along with failing to have a front plate mounted, covering up any portion of the plate, even the non-essential lower plate 'message' with a frame, will result in a $100.00 fine.

They did not say whether or not it is also considered a moving violation with a point$$ penalty ( i.e.; in$urance increases). [dunno]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I drove old NC-105 in the mountains of North Carolina. It’s a gravel road popular among the overlanding community. I’m probably the first fiesta ST ever to drive it lol
View attachment 54346
View attachment 54347
SWEET!! [twothumb]

Do the cops hang out on that road much?

It looks like a great place to test out a gravel rally setup, albeit full chat/max attack speeds could be catastrophic, given the chance of closing way too quickly on a slow(er) moving overlander.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I drove old NC-105 in the mountains of North Carolina. It’s a gravel road popular among the overlanding community. I’m probably the first fiesta ST ever to drive it lol
View attachment 54346
View attachment 54347
Are you lifted? When I'm employed by others, I'm often on construction sites and I've scraped the underside of my FIST a few times. I have dents in my resonator. I've thought about lifting the car a little, but would also hate to take away the handling from the car.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
SWEET!! [twothumb]

It looks like a great place to test out a gravel rally setup, albeit full chat/max attack speeds could be catastrophic, given the chance of closing way too quickly on a slow(er) moving overlander.
I highly doubt that a cop would be on 105, but when I want to push my limits I go to even more remote roads, primarily because of the risk of encountering other vehicles. Thankfully gravel roads are plentiful up here.
Are you lifted? When I'm employed by others, I'm often on construction sites and I've scraped the underside of my FIST a few times. I have dents in my resonator. I've thought about lifting the car a little, but would also hate to take away the handling from the car.
I am not lifted at all. There have been a couple of times where I scraped my skid plate or midship brace (I have the pierce motorsprts one which hangs lower than the oem one). I am on snow tires on 15 inch wheels which helps with the bumps.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
View attachment 54346
View attachment 54347
Where is this road?? I spend a ton of time in Boone area and haven’t come across it.

SWEET!! [twothumb]

something only we fly-over country people know about a lot of times: if there is no speed limit posted and you are outside any municipality limits, the default speed limit is 55mph. and no cop is going to bother citing you unless you're going 10+ over the limit in most states. so you probably have the full legal green light to bomb down that road at 60mph...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
something only we fly-over country people know about a lot of times: if there is no speed limit posted and you are outside any municipality limits, the default speed limit is 55mph. and no cop is going to bother citing you unless you're going 10+ over the limit in most states. so you probably have the full legal green light to bomb down that road at 60mph...
True, but fully prepped, faster class rally cars can maintain well over 85 MPH on those roads, until they get to the severely flood rutted, or 'cattle guard' type troughs cut straight across the road. [driving][raceflag]

But yeah, I doubt that FiestaSTdude is even going near the 'legal' 55, except on the smoothest sections. [wink]

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
True, but fully prepped, faster class rally cars can maintain well over 85 MPH on those roads, until they get to the severely flood rutted, or 'cattle guard' type troughs cut straight across the road. [driving][raceflag]

But yeah, I doubt that FiestaSTdude is even going near the 'legal' 55, except on the smoothest sections. [wink]
If I even attempted to go 55 they’d be picking up pieces at the bottom of a cliff lol. The biggest limits on speed are the number of blind curves that I slow down for in case someone is coming from the opposite direction and the rocks imbedded in the ground, hence my desire for B6s.
These roads (as well as the paved roads in the mountains) are still an absolute blast to drive in this car, regardless of limitations on speed.
Also, the rally cars that can go 85 on gravel must have extremely durable suspension setups. Actually driving my car on gravel makes what they do seem even more insane lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yes, those 'baby's head' embedded rocks are my bane as well, when working ARA rallies.

There are reasons why the top level rally cars spend upwards of $25K on suspension, and many thousands on their under chassis protection systems. [wink]

True, real gravel rally tires give almost twice the grip and control of even the very best/most suited to gravel winter tires out there, as well. [driving]

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Very cool, I've driven that road and some similar ones nearby, but never in the Fiesta. I'll be in Mountain City at least twice this summer between mid-June and late August. The twisties all around that area are great and I can't wait to take the Fiesta out there. Another one I'm hitting up in late May is Hogback Ridge in the lower corner of Vermont - it can't be summer fast enough.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
^^^
True, real gravel rally tires give almost twice the grip and control of even the very best/most suited to gravel winter tires out there, as well. [driving]
Interesting, I didn’t know that they made that much of a difference. I assume that you can’t easily get them as a normal person (not that I need them lol)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Interesting, I didn’t know that they made that much of a difference. I assume that you can’t easily get them as a normal person (not that I need them lol)
Anyone can buy them, (NO competition license needed!).

But, they co$t as much as the larger size, road race/autocross Yok A052s/RE71Rs do, even in the 185/65-15 sizes, they wear like 00 tread wear road race slicks do on pavement, and they are NOT good in the winter, or on snow/ice, despite the tread pattern looking like it would be. [:(]

I was considering them to work on the ARA rallies, but they would be slicks by the time I drove the 450 highway miles up to the New England Forest Rally in Maine! [crazyeye]