Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Sam4

What's the consensus on the drop from those springs? I could make you a spacer equal to that drop if your goal is OEM ride height.
I went with 215/45's and have a minor rub, but also don't want too much stiffness - at my age, stiffness is accomplished with a little blue pill....

Picked up my Fiesta this morning. The clutch issued that stranded me in Big Bear turned out to be the flywheel. Went ahead and installed a new clutch kit and had front brakes rotors/pads replaced too.

The look of my mechanic at Performance Tire in Montrose was hilarious. He did a test run on the freeway and he said the car was like a bullet. Well yeah, it’s got a Whoosh Hybrid Turbo :whistle::cool:. He wasn’t ready for all that torque!

Also Fiesta is rolling at 141,000.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What's the consensus on the drop from those springs? I could make you a spacer equal to that drop if your goal is OEM ride height.
That's just it, NO ONE seems to agree on the drop of the Spec Rs, as some have said a full inch in front, and ~.75" in back, and others say maybe less. [???:)]

Then you factor in the 'lift' of the B6es, which some on here deny as 'real', and it becomes a mystery. [:(]

That's just it, NO ONE seems to agree on the drop of the Spec Rs, as some have said a full inch in front, and ~.75" in back, and others say maybe less. [???:)]

Then you factor in the 'lift' of the B6es, which some on here deny as 'real', and it becomes a mystery. [:(]
I’m sorry, can you explain how a damper would lift a car?

AFAIK, and I’m no suspension guru, that shouldn’t be physically possible...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up my Fiesta this morning. The clutch issued that stranded me in Big Bear turned out to be the flywheel. Went ahead and installed a new clutch kit and had front brakes rotors/pads replaced too.

The look of my mechanic at Performance Tire in Montrose was hilarious. He did a test run on the freeway and he said the car was like a bullet. Well yeah, it’s got a Whoosh Hybrid Turbo :whistle::cool:. He wasn’t ready for all that torque!

Also Fiesta is rolling at 141,000.
Hey Ramos do you live near Montrose? I'm in Tujunga installing my Whoosh downpipe if I can get the frozen bolts off the exhaust side that is. Next is the whoosh hybrid let me buy u lunch and take me for a ride and feel that whoosh. No pressure just saying I'd be very greatful. Not that I would change my mind Ron just might help me save up a little faster. You eat a few more ramen noodle meals to get me there.

~Mahoney

Hey Ramos do you live near Montrose? I'm in Tujunga installing my Whoosh downpipe if I can get the frozen bolts off the exhaust side that is. Next is the whoosh hybrid let me buy u lunch and take me for a ride and feel that whoosh. No pressure just saying I'd be very greatful. Not that I would change my mind Ron just might help me save up a little faster. You eat a few more ramen noodle meals to get me there.

~Mahoney
Of Course. I had Dpro test mine out since he wanted to feel the difference between the Whoosh and S280. I’m going snowboarding in the morning Sunday and should be back late afternoon.

joesiris

while I was at paris mtn I took my lil FoPro and made another video, again had to put it on youtube to upload to here. this is something I really like doing so eventually id like to get a better set up so that the audio and video quality is a lot better. I know its not a go pro but it still takes HD video but when I upload to youtube it only gives me an SD option, maybe this is a youtube thing I dunno...im just in the testing the waters phase, anyway, here is a short clip.. This road is within the state park itself so the speed limit is only 15. out of respect for the park, I didn't go too fast, maybe only hitting 30, but this is one of the most beautiful roads I have ever driven. the whole drive from park entrance to top of the mtn is only about 7 minutes.https://youtu.be/5RM0k_XTW3I

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Update on my custom lift spacers:

Ended up with 3/4” lift front and rear (360mm center of wheel to fender height, OEM is 340mm).

Did a bit more research and turns out spacer height does not equal lift height (should have done more research ahead of time).

A bit more than I was hoping for but I’ll probably get the car aligned as is (toe/camber are off big time), and hope the springs settle a bit.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^That's why I was wondering how the Swifts would end up having the car sit, as replacements for the factory springs (to get the higher linear rate) with your exact setup above. [dunno]

the duke

I’m sorry, can you explain how a damper would lift a car?

AFAIK, and I’m no suspension guru, that shouldn’t be physically possible...

Bilstein are a high-pressure gas shock and have a tendency to lift cars a bit. I believe it's more they retain original heights compared to slowly regressive dampers due to age. It's not an uncommon observation.

joesiris

Washed my car yesterday! 🥳

Started pouring a few hours later 😭
haha happens to me a lot...last week I washed my car Friday night so it would be all shiny for cars and coffee on saturday...well by the time i started drying the car off it had already started to freeze to the top of the car

Bilstein are a high-pressure gas shock and have a tendency to lift cars a bit. I believe it's more they retain original heights compared to slowly regressive dampers due to age. It's not an uncommon observation.
But that’s not how dampers work, they have an equilibrium point that they attempt to maintain, as the spring either compresses or extends, the damper is pulled away from its equilibrium point and the pressures inside work to re-establish the equilibrium. A higher pressure damper would just move back to equilibrium more quickly, not raise the height of the car. Raising and lowering is solely the responsibility of the spring, no?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
This is a very debated topic. I swear when I have replaced shocks on vehicles especially trucks the rear end always seems higher especially if the rear of the truck was kind of low. Do I understand the engineering no, but I'm just telling you what my eyeballs see.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

haha happens to me a lot...last week I washed my car Friday night so it would be all shiny for cars and coffee on saturday...well by the time i started drying the car off it had already started to freeze to the top of the car
I feel your pain dude! I definitely don't miss living in the cold weather anymore lol.