Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ordered the rally innovations light plate (decided not to make my own) and started testing these on the bench today with the Skene dimmer module..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are these going to go up on the hood, a la stage rally car style, or behind (or that mount that goes through the grill, to mount in front of it, like iIve seen some do), above the crash bar??

Last edited:
I switched my transmission fluid from motul gear 300 to redline mtlv. This new redline mtlv is much better and it has been approved by ford specifications. Th mtlv fluid has improved my notchiness going from 1-2. Now, most of the time shifting from 1-2 is nice and smooth. Before, with the motul gear 300, I had to use some muscle to get it into 2nd. Also, I might've noticed an increase in acceleration, even though it sounds unlikely. The redline mtlv is much thinner so it could've resulted in less fluid/film resistance compared to how thick the motul gear 300 is. I expect to see improved fuel economy from this as well.
I changed my transmission fluid too.. forgot the exact name but it's a much better oil from penrite. And that increase in acculturation is no lie because I noticed it with mine.. I still have notching from 1st-2nd but it's a lot less. They really hate being shifted at low RPM these cars. Soon as you spread the gears out they are as happy as Larry [emoji23]

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Thanks for this picture. I've been thinking about doing the same color scheme for my engine cover. Was the red stripe pretty simple to do? Any tips before I jump into it?
Im i car painter so it is nothing unusual for me, maybe you will first want to do that red line and then mask it.. at the end put clearcoat over all together, if you want any tips just ask

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I changed my transmission fluid too.. forgot the exact name but it's a much better oil from penrite. And that increase in acculturation is no lie because I noticed it with mine.. I still have notching from 1st-2nd but it's a lot less. They really hate being shifted at low RPM these cars. Soon as you spread the gears out they are as happy as Larry [emoji23]

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
Penrite makes some phenomenal fluids/oils, but, we just cannot get them here in the states, even by mail order/international internet.
I know, since I tried to get some of their products for my LS1 f body way back when.

Summit Racing at one time was going to pick up their high performance synthetic line, but sadly, that fell through. [:(]

Remi

Im i car painter so it is nothing unusual for me, maybe you will first want to do that red line and then mask it.. at the end put clearcoat over all together, if you want any tips just ask
Thanks! Did you remove the silver ST plate of food you just mask it? I was leaning towards masking it, but removing it completely might give a better result.

Did you have to use an adhesion promotor before you painted it since it's plastic?

Did you have to use an adhesion promotor before you painted it since it's plastic?
Ok here is the steps;
Clean it with water and dish soup, than you need to sand it a little with thin (not so harsh paper dont know how you guys says, but granulation of paper between 600-800) than clean it with plastic cleanear (could be silicone cleaner) make sure you clean it realy well, then you put on plastic primer, i put it with clean cloth, but you could buy it in spray also, 5-10min after that you need filler primer couple coats (like liquid filler) and when it dryes, you sand it again with 600 paper until is smooth surface, than clean it again with antisilicone and paint it

Removed the fiesta badge with fishing line like someone posted here, took 10 seconds and it was off thank you for that tip. Also installed the Velossa Tech Diffuser Fins. Heard the fins were worth 10hp :)
Ignore the license plate the wife picked that out.. sadly it isn't that zippy yet but every paycheck it will get a little faster.

Attachments

Ok here is the steps;
Clean it with water and dish soup, than you need to sand it a little with thin (not so harsh paper dont know how you guys says, but granulation of paper between 600-800) than clean it with plastic cleanear (could be silicone cleaner) make sure you clean it realy well, then you put on plastic primer, i put it with clean cloth, but you could buy it in spray also, 5-10min after that you need filler primer couple coats (like liquid filler) and when it dryes, you sand it again with 600 paper until is smooth surface, than clean it again with antisilicone and paint it
Can I use adhesion promotor then shoot regular primer on it? I didn't know there was a special primer used for plastic?

It will not hold with just the two ends. In the pic you can see how much less of a clip is on the end ones. If you glued it in then it would probably stay. FAD690A7-0CA7-4306-8220-3B910C8B8FCD.jpeg “I’m not sure how I split these posts!🤪”

Last edited:
Picked up a Mountune Radiator, woke up and saw they were having a 15% off, I got it for $509 shipped.
I saw they were on sale too. Ordered one too along with a whoosh intercooler. Should make for a nice little project to help pass the time.

Anyone know how much coolant I should pick up?