Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

My Ford owners site says no recall available for my car. I've heard for 14-15 FiST models they get a 180 deg t-stat with the recall. Is there any way for me to tell if I got the t-stat upgrade outside removing my t-stat and looking for the stamp? I have a 15 FiST. My coolant temps dont get beyond 195 in this cold weather.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a 2014 and have never had a recall for the thermostat. Neither have I had any problems overheating even in the hottest weather here in SoCal.

Got my COBB downpipe installed. Took me 2 days at the DIY garage. only $4 to store the car overnight. I think I spent a little over $100 to do my downpipe and intercooler. Looks like Ill need to replace my core support as the previous owner damaged it. Front crash bar was also bent on one of the brackets both explain why the old intercooler wasnt installed correctly. Exhaust is definitly muffler delete and some autozone special resonator. I might get a new OEM crash bar ro sacrifiec the bracket for installing the BA intercooler with the TB crash bar. 1675890471280.png

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I've been driving 70 miles a day, and finally got tired of filling up so often and switched back to 93. 40* outside, nothing crazy, the first time I hit it my car read 222whp and 275wtq. About 10 more whp than I made on E30 but about 15 wtq less when it was 19* out. Wtf. Granted I have some leftover E in the tank, so it's not purely 93, but I was surprised at the power it made.

Just ordered a Koyo radiator for the Fiesta. Also got a new core support on order since my original one is damaged. I had a Koyo radiator on the HOnda and it did a fantastic job of keeping engine coolant under 180 even in the summer weather. Ill be pairing everything up with my TB crash bar. Already got my BA intercooler installed but with the radiator and new core support Ill be able to get everything done perfect in the front end. Also got some motorcraft yellow coolant and sistilled water at home to do the coolant flush.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
5452554E-54A2-4DE1-B351-0C13EB5B0803.jpeg
newbie question here, can I fit 32s without having to trim anything? 😂
Im doing my rear brakes today and I definitely didn’t grease my rear slide pins properly last time because they were very stuck in there. It caused my pads to wear very unevenly
DFDD4A8D-1E5C-4B30-965C-74342453DEA8.jpeg

pixelzombie

newbie question here, can I fit 32s without having to trim anything? 😂
Im doing my rear brakes today and I definitely didn’t grease my rear slide pins properly last time because they were very stuck in there. It caused my pads to wear very unevenly
My rear pins were also stuck despite the boots being on correctly. I had to use 400 grit sandpaper to make them smooth again. I tried to clean the brackets as mush as possible, but I'm tempted to get new ones this summer.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My rear pins were also stuck despite the boots being on correctly. I had to use 400 grit sandpaper to make them smooth again. I tried to clean the brackets as mush as possible, but I'm tempted to get new ones this summer.
I also used sandpaper to smooth mine out. Im definitely going to look for replacements though. For the time being I just used plenty of brake grease.
For anyone who doesn’t know yet, I would definitely recommend checking the slide pins to make sure they’re properly lubricated.

pixelzombie

Changed the spark plugs today. I discovered that the Craftsmen 5/8" spark plug socket was too thick to fit into the small opening. Luckily I had a 16mm deep socket just thin enough to fit in there.

That being said, how do my old plugs look?

Attachments

I installed the rear B6s while I had the car up to do brakes. I haven’t driven on them enough to really tell a huge difference but they are making the squeaking sound lol
View attachment 53923
also, is it ok to reuse these from the oem shocks?
View attachment 53924
someone here helpfully recommended reusing the top nut for the rear dampers since the Bilstein ones are too big - likely not the squeaking issue you’re having, but just in case.

Interested to hear how you like the B6s!

Changed the spark plugs today. I discovered that the Craftsmen 5/8" spark plug socket was too thick to fit into the small opening. Luckily I had a 16mm deep socket just thin enough to fit in there.
Pretty sure I found this recommendation on here somewhere. This fits just fine!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09F6WZCK5

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
I had about 55000 "Ford Points" from ordering/purchasing my truck, which I assume expire at some point, so I burned them to get a couple of things for my 'new' FiST. Got the factory rubber ST floor mats and Ford's carbon fiber shift knob. Only had to pay $9.99 for shipping. Still resisting the urge to buy anything major or start making changes until I get to know the car and ensure that maintenance is fully up. Loving this little car so far though, so it is coming.

Did a rallycross event on the weekend (my first ever motorsport event), holy hell was it fun. Everything was frozen at the start which was a blast but by the end of the day it was just a big mud pit, lots of guys were leaving because you just couldn't get traction and the ruts were bound to wreck something. 10/10 will do again.

Its kinda funny, I felt like I was so fast on my first runs and felt king of the mountain then look at the times and I'm a full 5 seconds short of second last place lol. But hey I'm old, just there to have fun.

Attachments