Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

What did you do with your RS today?

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
This is a popular thread in a lot of other forums I have been on/am on.

So I'll start..... it's gonna be 50 today and cloudy. I'm so washing it! Pics when I'm done [thumb]

Last edited:

LonestarRS

This is a popular thread in a lot of there forums I have been on/am on.

So I'll start..... it's gonna be 50 today and cloudy. I'm so washing it! Pics when I'm done [thumb]
lol I've been washing and trying a lot of new products lately thanks to someone here.

I just bought this dash cam, going to play around with it this weekend.

FocusMike

Great idea.

Just made an appointment to take my RS in this week for a recall service. Anyone else receive this recall 16V-698?

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Made this thread a sticky[twothumb].

Ordered a head-rest mounted DVD player for my son to watch movies.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #7
Looks smooth like butter. Did you install any front end protection against rock chip?
I still have to do a full correction/go over in the spring. For now it's just trying to keep the salt to a minimum.
No, no front end protection... I'm not a huge fan simply because the clear bras, etc get the shit beat out of them and end up looking worse than if i get some chips.

LonestarRS

I still have to do a full correction/go over in the spring. For now it's just trying to keep the salt to a minimum.
No, no front end protection... I'm not a huge fan simply because the clear bras, etc get the shit beat out of them and end up looking worse than if i get some chips.
Would you mind posting a guide on how to do paint correction? I'm really eager to start maintaining my paint better.[lovers]

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #9
Would you mind posting a guide on how to do paint correction? I'm really eager to start maintaining my paint better.[lovers]
Whew.... that will take some thought and time, but yes, I can. I will post it in the detailing section when I get it together [thumb]

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #11
LOL

In the meantime, a good start is by reading this thread by FocusRSForum.com (which I know you are already subscribed to): http://www.focusrsforum.com/forum/threads/464-How-to-wash-your-Ford-Focus

Personally, I'm a "less is more" person when it comes to detailing. The more you touch the paint, the more you marr it, no matter how careful you are or what precautions you take. For this reason I don't wash my vehicles every week just to get the "dust off". Just my personal philosophy.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Got a nice scratch on the A-pillar yesterday.

Doing to try some Dr. Color Chip to see if I can fix it.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #13
Got a nice scratch on the A-pillar yesterday.

Doing to try some Dr. Color Chip to see if I can fix it.
Does it need to be filled?
I ask because I haven't had good luck with Dr. Colorchip in the past. You may be better off using a DA if you have one. Or even (by hand) using something with "filler" qualities like Prima Amigo.
Good luck!

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Does it need to be filled?
I ask because I haven't had good luck with Dr. Colorchip in the past. You may be better off using a DA if you have one. Or even (by hand) using something with "filler" qualities like Prima Amigo.
Good luck!
It does unfortunately, somehow the scratch is down the the metal. I put one coat on earlier but you can still see it.Going to try another coat on this afternoon.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #15
It does unfortunately, somehow the scratch is down the the metal. I put one coat on earlier but you can still see it.Going to try another coat on this afternoon.
UGH.... that sucks :(

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #16
Drove him to the gym... February and getting up to 60 today... had the windows down and moonroof open [cool][driving]

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Did two more coats chip today and its still visible. Might see if it can be wet sanded down by professional.

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #18
Did two more coats chip today and its still visible. Might see if it can be wet sanded down by professional.
I'm not a fan of the kit... never worked right for me. Wet-sanding may be a good option.

I put close to 100 miles on this weekend [thumb]

OP
GhostRS

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #20
That looks slick...

Is it for fun or to video the idiots on the road?