Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Fiesta ST replace?

^What they said.

99 Camry 4cyl 221k miles daily
07 Yamaha FZ1 bike
16 FiST weekend/back up car (Who knows how long the Camry lasts)

The FiST replaced an 05 Maxima SL 5AT that was dying and needed lots of work at 115k miles last year. Timing chains, cam sensors, oil pump and seals — Nissan threw the book at me with their repair quote when it started overheating last summer. So I nursed it along a couple more weeks and went to CarMax since I couldn’t justify $3-4K repairing an old car I was out of love with anyways. They gave me $1,200 for it.

The Max had great torque from the VQ35DE, but and average chassis and average transmission. I test drove a 2016 Accord Sport and a Civic Sport Hatch 1.5T.

Then I saw my FiST, debadged, Magnetic 1 yr old w 8k miles. It stood out even with a quiet paint color, it looked special. After a short test drive I knew it was the one. Maybe it was the symposer buzzing at me or maybe just the sheer joy of rowing my own gears again. It brought back the joy of driving and it hasn’t left me since.

I didn't replace - just added; I also have a 1994 Ford Ranger that I got new in high school - still have it for hauling my mountain bike around. It has about a 110k miles on it and still going strong as I've taken good care of it over the years.
I ended up getting 211k out of the '86 Ranger. Bought new in high school. Dropped a rebuilt engine in it and got another 100k out it before the motor ceased. '92 Ranger was picked up in 1999 having 72k on it. Ended up selling it (still running well) with 215k. I hope I can muster that many miles out of the FiST. Although, with as little mileage that I put on it year to year, it will be considered an "historic vehicle" by that time.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I had a BT ms3, but after several bad replacement motors I drove a 97 ranger for about 3 years while I searched for a new car. I swore off turbo cars not wanting to deal with having to troubleshoot so many components.

Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I ended up getting 211k out of the '86 Ranger. Bought new in high school. .
Wow, 211k. My first new vehicle was an '87 supercab ranger w/v6. I traded down to a B2000 ~2 years later so we could get the GF a car. My FiST is my 2nd and last new vehicle.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The Ford ranger especially the 4-cylinder models are so reliable.
Great vehicles in my book.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1998 Chevy Lumina with 278k. Said I was going to get myself something fun when the Lumina died, and so I did.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
That old ranger is a decent mule. I'd be surprised if the new ranger holds a candle to the reliability of the old rangers. 230k on mine. It's not fun to drive but it always got me to work so I could afford the ST.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Mine replaced an 03 zx3 focus with 240k. It still runs though. The fist is so close to that car. The focus had a ford racing port and polished head, cosworth stg2 cams, cfm 3 inch intake, 4 into 1 header, exedy aluminum flywheel and upgraded clutch, svt suspension, f2 short shifter, 24mm rear anti sway bar, steeda strut bar, carbon fiber hood, 12lb wheels, and a tune on an sct tuner from at the time focus sport. That's the performance mods. Had some sterio and lighting upgrades as well. Damn fun and loud car. Just had alot of miles and wanted something new. My oldest son that is 13 1/2 wants it bad. I think I can trust him not to see how fast it would go. (I did 130 once easily) my second oldest son would kill himself in it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
An 03 zx3 advancetrac that i did a full svt conversion to apart from bodywork. It was a good car. And really hard to find something that was that direct of a drive

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
An 03 zx3 advancetrac that i did a full svt conversion to apart from bodywork. It was a good car. And really hard to find something that was that direct of a drive
Mine was so much if a base model. It had wheels and a tach. THAT'S IT! Didnt even come with ac. But it was a lil bit of a factory freak. I raced 2 buddy's cars. One had a bigger exhaust and a rear seat delete. The other ported throttle body and something else I can remember. With all 3 cars having an intake and exhaust. I walked both. The guy with the rear seats removed, I walked away with a passenger and the back of my car loaded to the ceiling lol. So many fun times in that car! I imagine my boy will hopefully have some too.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I did a lightweight flywheel when i did the swap ( engine was already out so may as well while its easy right?) It was way too easy to get up to double the limit afterwards. And she still can pick on cars that habe double her power ( sitting at a focus specific salvage yard for sale. She just needs a battery and she'll run again.)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I did a lightweight flywheel when i did the swap ( engine was already out so may as well while its easy right?) It was way too easy to get up to double the limit afterwards. And she still can pick on cars that habe double her power ( sitting at a focus specific salvage yard for sale. She just needs a battery and she'll run again.)
You have the 2.0 zetec? I had the 2.3 duratec. I could walk all over most zetecs. Even the SVT's. It was just as quick as the svt stock for stock because of the duratec torque.

I sold it a few years before purchasing the FIST, but my last toy was a 2004 EVO RS. I really like the weight and feel of the FIST over the EVO.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
You have the 2.0 zetec? I had the 2.3 duratec. I could walk all over most zetecs. Even the SVT's. It was just as quick as the svt stock for stock because of the duratec torque.

Had 2.0 zetec 5 speed, swapped it for the cosworth tuned svt zetec and six speed. Which is the ebgine i did the most work with.

A 1986 Olds Cutlass Supreme. After driving all last winter with no heat due to a stuck flapper in the air management system I was flat fed up. Also wanted something to drive with a Stick and with the Fiesta's power to weight ratio it looked like it would be interesting. Now that I have put nearly 5K on the Fiesta it's not just interesting, it's a freaking BLAST.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Had 2.0 zetec 5 speed, swapped it for the cosworth tuned svt zetec and six speed. Which is the ebgine i did the most work with.
That is the best zetec though.