Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Fiesta ST replace?

Curious to know what vehicle(s) is your Fiesta ST replacing?
2015 5-speed Yaris 3-door ... I LOVED the Yaris' simplicity. Easy to work on, easy to drive, easy to get 33 combined mpg consistently regardless of how I drove it (best of 38 highway mpg). Had power windows, ABS, AC, etc. All I needed! Except horsepower. I knew this going in but thought I could live with just an appliance on wheels. Not the case. Missed the driving excitement that I was used to from my previous vehicles. So ended up swapping it for my CPO FiST after a couple of years. Sometimes I do miss it, though. :p

2015 Focus ST. After a 4 year long love/hate affair, the Failcus ST got in a bit of a fender bender that ended it's short lived life. I needed a car ASAP and there isn't much else on the market right now that I'd want, so I picked up the Focus's little ST brother.

I definitely miss the ST3 Recaros, the headlights that actually emitted light, the sunglass holder in the headliner, the cup holders that actually fit American fast food sized soft drink cups, and the less-cheap looking plastic interior bits... but retrospect I probably should have gone with the Fiesta the first go around. This car is a riot, and gets 30 MPG to boot (y)

Before my ST adventures, my daily was a 2013 GTI. Quite a bit less fun, but significantly nicer as an overall daily driver package. Decided to get rid of that before having another water pump failure (among other issues the MK6s were having). I wanted to get back into a GTI, but VW and their legendary reliability struck yet again. After seeing the 100+ page forum thread about 2019 model year 6 spd cars stalling (including VW buy-backs and an open NHTSA investigation), I promptly turned back around and ran far, far away (to the Ford dealer).

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
2015 Focus ST. After a 4 year long love/hate affair, the Failcus ST got in a bit of a fender bender that ended it's short lived life. I needed a car ASAP and there isn't much else on the market right now that I'd want, so I picked up the Focus's little ST brother.

I definitely miss the ST3 Recaros, the headlights that actually emitted light, the sunglass holder in the headliner, the cup holders that actually fit American fast food sized soft drink cups, and the less-cheap looking plastic interior bits... but retrospect I probably should have gone with the Fiesta the first go around. This car is a riot, and gets 30 MPG to boot (y)

Before my ST adventures, my daily was a 2013 GTI. Quite a bit less fun, but significantly nicer as an overall daily driver package. Decided to get rid of that before having another water pump failure (among other issues the MK6s were having). I wanted to get back into a GTI, but VW and their legendary reliability struck yet again. After seeing the 100+ page forum thread about 2019 model year 6 spd cars stalling (including VW buy-backs and an open NHTSA investigation), I promptly turned back around and ran far, far away (to the Ford dealer).
Your FiST has the base seats?

2017 w/Recaros - bone stock

Your FiST has the base seats?

It has the Recaros. They're nice, comfy, well bolstered seats don't get me wrong. The partial cloth aspect is just a little annoying, plus manual adjustment. The full leather power adjustable ST3 Recaros spoiled me a bit. Minor gripes.

On the flip side, the Fiesta has the volume control buttons on the proper side (left side) of the steering wheel, and the driver door windowsill thing is nicely padded for resting your elbow on. Those two things annoyed me to no end in the Focus. (if you can't tell, I'm rather nit picky)

Oh and I guess the Volkswagen gods were angry at my previous post... after getting gas tonight, I was on my phone calculating mileage before pulling away and the car straight up died at idle :LOL: Fortunately I had read about these cars running strange right after filling up, otherwise I would have been flipping out!

I last had a 2017 Camaro SS for a short while. It was a nightmare, but trying to speak objectively, the FiST is more fun. I had a Mazda RX-8 prior.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I last had a 2017 Camaro SS for a short while. It was a nightmare, but trying to speak objectively, the FiST is more fun. I had a Mazda RX-8 prior.
The visibility in the Camaro ruins the experience, in my opinion.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
It has the Recaros. They're nice, comfy, well bolstered seats don't get me wrong. The partial cloth aspect is just a little annoying, plus manual adjustment. The full leather power adjustable ST3 Recaros spoiled me a bit. Minor gripes.
The partial cloth thing is SUPER annoying for sure! And why oh why make the cloth portion a light grey!?!?!?! The absolute worst idea... "gee, let's make the part that is susceptible to staining a super light color"

When I sat in a ST3 FoST a couple of years ago (test drive), I could not get comfortable, no matter how much i played with the power adjustments. The seats felt like I was sitting in the open end of a of a trash can.
sitting in a trash can.PNG
It wasn't the seats themselves, but rather the way Ford mounted them into the car. Believe it or not, the FoST felt more cramped in the front than the FiST. I was not a fan at all. Hence why I happily own the FiST.

My 2019 replaced a pristine 2011 E92 M3. My 20 and 16yr/old sons think I'm nuts.

Ford focus wagon (if anyone will ever buy it!). Best car ever for the dog. Just a great car all around. Really don't want to sell the wagon but insurance is expensive.