Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Fiesta ST replace?

Convoluted a bit. Started looking for a fun car about a year ago that I could possibly hand down to my son at some point when he goes to college starting next year. Well, the wrangler he had in HS with 186000 miles on it ended up on its last leg and I was able to get it traded in on the FiST I was eyeing before the engine went completely out. So for now it technically replaced a Jeep Wrangler, but I went from driving a ford truck to the FiST and my son is now driving the truck. He has us go out every night though and is getting better at manual transmissions.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
My wife's 2005 Scion tC is what we're replacing with a 2019 Fiesta ST. She wanted to go look at Kia Soul, Honda Fit, maybe others. Took her to the Ford dealer. She drove an automatic Fiesta SE first. Didn't like the transmission. Had to wait to drive an ST because a salesman had one out for his weekend demo and the other was being test driven. When that one came back we went out for a quick drive as it was late. When we got back the other lady who had just driven it had bought it.

Left the Ford dealership and my wife said she didn't want to look at the other cars. She wanted the ST. So we located one and had it brought in. Picking it up today! Personally I am very happy as I wanted the ST all along. Nostalgia for me, since I got a 1978 Fiesta S as my first car when they first arrived at the same dealer.

TimF

2008 Honda Fit Sport manual. We wanted to get the same thing again, but these days a Honda Fit with a manual is rarer than a left-handed unicorn. We checked out the ST mostly because it has a manual and decent options/build quality for a very small car. Like the guy above said, my wife test-drove it first and she hasn't stopped grinning since.

Dirt

My 2019 ST replaced a 2018 Ford F-150 regular cab, with the 2.7 twin turbo motor; it was incredibly fast and fun to drive. I drive the Fiesta during the week and then get my 2019 Golf R out for the weekend!

My 2017 FIST replaced a 2002 Lincoln LS, 5-speed manual, which replaced a 1992 SHO (also 5MT). While it wasn’t in any way sporty or fast, I really loved the Lincoln—and I also liked the fact that, with a manual, it was practically a unicorn. But despite the fact that it was ultra-clean with low miles, it was absolutely bleeding me with repair costs. I’m embarrassed how much I spent in never-ending repairs—but even so, sometime regret not keeping it as a second car.
But I have absolutely no regrets about getting the FIST. I wanted to get back into something small/light/fun. Something like to the MK2 GTI I drove in high school. And the FIST obviously beats that in every respect (except maybe cargo space). It’s easily the most fun car I’ve ever owned.

We’re a 3 car family where I have 2 and my wife has one. My 2017 FiST didn’t really replace anything that’s mine specifically. My wife got rid of her 2012 Civic and 2006 TSX for a Model 3 dual motor which I was against buying and the compromise was that I got to get the FiST while keeping my MDX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBLE

My 2017 FIST replaced a 2002 Lincoln LS, 5-speed manual, which replaced a 1992 SHO (also 5MT). While it wasn’t in any way sporty or fast, I really loved the Lincoln—and I also liked the fact that, with a manual, it was practically a unicorn. But despite the fact that it was ultra-clean with low miles, it was absolutely bleeding me with repair costs. I’m embarrassed how much I spent in never-ending repairs—but even so, sometime regret not keeping it as a second car.
Care to share what things had to be fixed? :oops: Didn't realize they came in manuals.

Care to share what things had to be fixed? :oops: Didn't realize they came in manuals.
Nothing too major...but it was constantly in and out of the shop, and the suspension parts were not cheap on that car.
I had to replace:
-Front wheel bearings and hub assembly
-Front stabilizer links
-Front sway bar links
-Front knuckle assemblies
-Front upper control arms
-Front springs
-Rear control arm
-Rear outer tie rod end
-Rear stabilizer links
-Power window regulator (driver's window)
-Engine fan
-Clock springs
-Airbag wire/switch (under seat)
-Serpentine belt
-Front brake pads and rotors
-Fuel filter
-20 OEM lug nuts (junk but expensive--should have bought aftermarket)

I just ditched my '17 Focus RS for a new FiST which I will pick up next week. I'm super excited about the "downgrade". The Focus RS was a beast but the whole head gasket thing always had me leery, especially since I had a small leak after the service was performed. I just don't trust Ford dealer techs to do such a teardown properly. Also, the car was just too fast to enjoy on public roads...it begged to be tracked or on twisty back roads.

I sold it and will buy the FiST and put the $13k cash back towards other needs. I fully expect to enjoy the heck out of my FiST. I can toss it around and rip through the gears on regular roads then park it and not worry about every scratch or ding. I also expect it to be much more solid overall. I expect to get at least 200k miles on the FiST without major issues. I just didn't trust the FoRS to be capable of that due to it's high tech/performance nature. The seating in the FiST seems more open and laid back as well. The FoRS was comfortable enough but felt like a more enclosed cockpit. Anyway, I'll probably never have a performance car like the FoRS again and enjoyed the 8k miles I put on it but I'm REALLY stoked about the FiST.

17 Camaro with the 2.0 ltg. I liked it, but they were prone to piston skirt breaking stock. Could not make much more than rated power on stock turbo, and could not upgrade the turbo without building the engine. Tuning was also a nightmare, the ecu and tcm were locked, and both had to be unlocked/tuned for best results, was easily 800+ dollars. Fiesta I can slap a bigger turbo on, download a map to my AP and make well more than the rated horsepower of the camaro (275, about 230-240 at wheels). And its so much more fun to drive. My camaro actually for sale at dealership I traded it in if anyone interested lol

https://www.athensford.com/used-Athens-2017-Chevrolet-Camaro-Base-1G1FB1RX6H0111716

Curious to know what vehicle(s) is your Fiesta ST replacing?
Replaced a 2018 Camry XSE - while the "ride quality" is quite a bit different, I'm loving the minute amount of nannies on the ST as opposed to intervention at every and I mean EVERY turn! Even turning all of them off still sucked from a handling perspective. But also love that the ST is a manual that doesn't suck.

1988 BMW 325is

I loved that car and will get another E30 in the future, but it wasn't a good daily driver. It required more maintenance than I was able to give it at the time, so I sold it and used the proceeds (and the S50 engine swap I sold too) as a down payment on the ST.