Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Fiesta ST replace?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@Thurber - I'm all too curious what passenger reactions were, to hopping in a Lincoln with a stick. I've driven behind some vehicles and were surprised to see that they were manual shifts. Don't recall specific examples at the moment, but they might've been SUVs. Wonder if there are any stick-shift minivans...

@Thurber - I'm all too curious what passenger reactions were, to hopping in a Lincoln with a stick. I've driven behind some vehicles and were surprised to see that they were manual shifts. Don't recall specific examples at the moment, but they might've been SUVs. Wonder if there are any stick-shift minivans...
Nobody ever believed me when I told them. And I got a lot of surprised looks and comments from valets.

I once dropped it off to get the tires changed, and the shop manager called me about an hour later telling me the car wouldn’t start so they couldn’t change the tires—I told them to step on the clutch and it would start right up. :)

I’ve never seen a stick shift minivan made for the US market (unless you count the VW microbus as a minivan), but I suspect they sold of some overseas.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
1989 Dodge Grand Caravan.....5 speed manual

I will soon be replacing my 2004 BMW 330 ZHP with a FiST. Here is one of the few pictures of all my cars together.

Ironically I bought the BMW instead of buying a FiST brand new a few years ago. Now it will be replaced with a FiST. I just need to hurry up and post the BMW for sale so that I can buy a FiST!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well probably a good thing as you avoided a lot of the Bugs and get the better infotainment system if your buying New or post 2016. Enjoy!

Well probably a good thing as you avoided a lot of the Bugs and get the better infotainment system if your buying New or post 2016. Enjoy!
Oh yeah, I'm glad I made the decision to wait. I'll be looking for a 2016+ specifically for Sync3/CarPlay. Same reason I got a 2016 Mustang! haha I hate MyFordTouch!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm pretty sure ford changed to sync 3 in 2016 and up in most if not all of their vehicles. At least its better than sync 2

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Installing software updates to Sync in 2016 can be risky. Run a search of the forums. There are solutions to workaround the issues, but if something does go FUBAR, recovery can be a real PITA. Run a search of the forums.

Installing software updates to Sync in 2016 can be risky. Run a search of the forums. There are solutions to workaround the issues, but if something does go FUBAR, recovery can be a real PITA. Run a search of the forums.
I'll look into it! I had no issues updating Sync in my 2016 Mustang, and I assume it'd be the same. I'll check the forums! Thanks!

Upgraded to a 2014 Fiesta ST from a 2016 Focus ST. Should have bought the FiST in the first place and I used to like the Focus ST a lot.

Welcome @germanFST. What drove you away from the FoST? (no pun intended)
To my perception, the FoST lacks of character, it felt heavier, it was a ST 1, no Recaros, even though the Recaros on the RS and ST are really uncomfortable, I do not believe to be the same as the ones in the FiST, I sat on an RS and hated life, I sold the Fost and with it was left over I bought my FiST and treated my family to a vacation to Costa Rica, and I still have a car that I really like and enjoy driving.

'15 Fiesta ST replaces my first car of 10yrs, a $500 1998 Isuzu Amigo 2.2l 5 speed. 2wd, no posi. 130hp, 144 torques. I honestly miss rwd, especially when said rwd has drum rears with a handbrake. I could lock the rears in most conditions, not so much with the ST... I miss the convertible aspect of that creature too. Rear seats were removed to fit a pair of 80's 12" home theater full range towers, a pair of 6.5" bookshelves, a pair of 12" subs, and some amps. Don't forget the factory speaker mounts. A grand total of 16 speakers and subs. Stevie never sounded so good. That thing was the symbol of irony. I miss that car...

I’m probably the only person on the face of the earth to have replaced a 2016 550HP Jaguar F-Type R Coupe with a new special-ordered 2019 FiST. The Jaguar looked lovely, went like hell, and made noises like Armageddon - but the FiST is the much more fun daily driver. Go figger.....

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I’m probably the only person on the face of the earth to have replaced a 2016 550HP Jaguar F-Type R Coupe with a new special-ordered 2019 FiST. The Jaguar looked lovely, went like hell, and made noises like Armageddon - but the FiST is the much more fun daily driver. Go figger.....
One of my dream cars just because of the sound. Never driven one though.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last year I was on vacation in California. I was driving down Highway 1 overlooking the ocean behind an F-Type. I think someone rented it on Turo, because you could tell they were enjoying it like it was their first time driving. They were talking videos and revving it and getting on it just to hear it. It sounded INCREDIBLE! Always loved the way they look, but there is so much I'd want in that price range!

RobbyST

Here's the short version... Was a hardcore Honda guy, but needed a replacement car ASAP. I always liked the MK1 focus, my wife had one I loved, so I got a super cheap one. Drove it but wanted something a little nicer. Got a 2010 Corolla manual. It was AWFUL, Every single one of those should be destroyed. Replaced it with a 14 foST trying to get back into something fun. Ended up really not liking the foST... Test drove a fiST with low expectations and fell in LOVE! They feel like w super dialed in modified 90s Honda stock! Been loving it ever since I got it!