Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did your Ford Fiesta ST replace?

2016 Fiesta ST replaced the 2011 Ford Fiesta SE coupe. I actually paid the Fiesta ST off last year with the intention on keeping it long term. I recently traded the ST on a 2020 Shadow black mustang eco boost. I traded @ 49,700 miles. The ST was a good daily driver. Though not without its quirks. I didn’t plan on a car payment all over again. But wanted something a little bit bigger. I’ve had the mustang about 2 weeks so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soo the Fiesta ST helps fill my turbo boostie rally car void I've had in my heart since I got rid of my Galant VR4. I miss that thing. I had it for 10 years and it was my daily driver sitting at 500whp. For some reason having metric eff tons of traction got boring and I bought a first gen CTS-V seen in the background. That car is fun, but it feels slow coming from a 10s 130mph car. I picked up a LSA supercharger to throw on the Caddi to make it more entertaining. I've been dragging my feet to put it on though since it was my daily driver and I didn't have a back up car. Cue in the Fiesta ST. A friend of mine was looking to get a different car and he was the original owner. I wanted a fun/practical daily driver. Fiesta seems to hit pretty much all the boxes.

Attachments

I had a 2014 Fiesta Titanium and a 2007 Mustang GT convertible. I gave them both up at my local Ford Dealer, got the ST and some cash. Somehow, I think I was taken to the laundry.

Hated the Mustang. The automatic transmission was awful. The worst I’ve driven - ever. I tried many mods to make it better only to make it worse, so it was a lost cause.

edit: I do miss the Titanium. My nephew said noooooooo, you should have gotten the ST. Its the one to have, and be sure to get the orange with the orange seats.

TemecFist

2008 Crown Vic Interceptor that was built, nitrous and meth. Lol. No joke. I actually still have it, so technically it didnt replace it I guess.

SPhilli911

My Fiesta ST replaced a 2004 Subaru STI. It's been over 5 years since I got the ST and while I the Ford is a more fun car to drive, I regret selling the STI.

joesiris

it replaced a 2003 Mitsubishi lancer OZ rally edition in black. was actually my wifes car when we met 13 years ago. we started having kids (4) and she needed a larger vehicle, so I took it over and started modifying it. was a fun car, nothing like my FiST tho

My FiST replaced.... a FiST! Long story short: Ford screwed up a warranty engine replacement, and the car was never the same, so I traded it in for a new one. Before that it replaced my 2000 Honda Prelude.
Honda Prelude!..I bought one in 1993...green, 2.0 not v-tec engine, great car body ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a few Mazdas back in the day. Started out with one MX-6, then another, then another that I swapped in a JDM KL-ZE engine. I guess you could say that was also Ford-ish since the Ford Probe GT was essentially a rebadged MX-6, but I digress.

Eventually, I got a Mazda3 sedan and a Mazda3 hatchback, I fell in love with the Winning Blue. The sedan was my daily and the hatchback was my first experience with a turbo car. Back then, MazdaSpeed wasn't making the MS3 yet, so I was one of the first guys that started experimenting by bolting on a turbo to an NA car. Eventually, I sold the sedan and totaled the hatchback which led me to a MINI Cooper S. The MINI was full bolt-on and a blast to drive.

I got older, got married and had a baby so the MINI was gone. Coincidentally, before I sold the MINI, the VP of the company I was working for at the time pulled me aside and told me "Whatever you do, don't sell the MINI for a family car. You'll regret it." I ended up trading the MINI for a Jeep JK. The Jeep got lifted, tires, bumpers, light bars, etc. I love my JK, but I missed having a car that can handle an on-ramp. And that how I have the FiST now.

I daily the FiST, my wife has a Flex and the JK only comes out when we go camping lol.

pixelzombie

I had a 2004 Mazda 3 that was running very well. If I knew a backyard mechanic that could've done the brakes for cheap, I would've kept at least another 6 months. There have been some good deals on ST's posted on this site since I got mine but hindsight is always 20/20 it seems.

I had a 2004 Mazda 3 that was running very well. If I knew a backyard mechanic that could've done the brakes for cheap, I would've kept at least another 6 months. There have been some good deals on ST's posted on this site since I got mine but hindsight is always 20/20 it seems.
Both of my Mazda3s were 2004. I still have a soft spot in my heart for them.

I just replaced a 2009 MINI JCW with a 2014 ST. Loved the MINI but a BMW made in England probably wasn't such a great idea especially with the dealer 50 miles away, plus the JCW suspension wasn't much fun on Vermont's potholed covered roads. I'm looking forward to a summer with the ST. Besides some fun both cars delivered far superior fuel mileage to my PU.