Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What do you hate about your Ford/FiST today?

You can't love your FiST/Ford all day every day. It's like a marriage: It's not all love and roses 24/7. There are occasions when you think of the GnR song "Used to Love Her", about Ford or your FiST. So tell everyone about it, so we can all learn/vent/grow from the experience.

For me, it took about 6 years to realize it. I have a wrench light that came on about 3 weeks ago. I had just made my last payment in Aug. I am free and clear on the vehicle. I changed the oil like I always do. I usually do it right around 8-9k miles, as I use full synthetic Mobil One and it's good for 15k. But it went over 10k and the light came on. The light didn't go off after the change. I tried the reset of the light several times, it wouldn't go off. The car runs/sounds like a purring kitten. No issues.

So I took it down to my local Ford dealer. The same dealer that sold me the vehicle. The service dude said that the warranty was up. To which, I begged to differ. I remember VIVIDLY, discussing with the sales/finance dude that I wanted to extend it to 8 years/50k from the 3/36, as I only drive about 6-7k a year. He questioned it as if it was a strange number of years/mileage. I explained the reasons why and he agreed that it wouldn't be an issue, they can make it for whatever. I even repeated the years/miles to him right before he went back to print things up, as he asked me again to confirm it. We signed all kinds of things and here and there, and it all seemed legit. I have never had an issue with any other Ford that I have bought new (2 other Rangers). So back to the dealer/service rep. He shows that I have no active warranty..."Come again?" He directed me to the finance department. They have it in there computer as a 6 year/60k. Which I am 2 months beyond at this point. So I go home to check the actual paperwork that we signed (the wife signed as she had a higher FICO score so we could get better APR financing). The warranty was printed up as 6 yr/60k. So now I'm on the hook for $171 diagnostic fee.

So, ya. That's what I hate about Ford today. Double check your contracts before you walk out the door, people.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You can't love your FiST/Ford all day every day. It's like a marriage: It's not all love and roses 24/7. There are occasions when you think of the GnR song "Used to Love Her", about Ford or your FiST. So tell everyone about it, so we can all learn/vent/grow from the experience.

For me, it took about 6 years to realize it. I have a wrench light that came on about 3 weeks ago. I had just made my last payment in Aug. I am free and clear on the vehicle. I changed the oil like I always do. I usually do it right around 8-9k miles, as I use full synthetic Mobil One and it's good for 15k. But it went over 10k and the light came on. The light didn't go off after the change. I tried the reset of the light several times, it wouldn't go off. The car runs/sounds like a purring kitten. No issues.

So I took it down to my local Ford dealer. The same dealer that sold me the vehicle. The service dude said that the warranty was up. To which, I begged to differ. I remember VIVIDLY, discussing with the sales/finance dude that I wanted to extend it to 8 years/50k from the 3/36, as I only drive about 6-7k a year. He questioned it as if it was a strange number of years/mileage. I explained the reasons why and he agreed that it wouldn't be an issue, they can make it for whatever. I even repeated the years/miles to him right before he went back to print things up, as he asked me again to confirm it. We signed all kinds of things and here and there, and it all seemed legit. I have never had an issue with any other Ford that I have bought new (2 other Rangers). So back to the dealer/service rep. He shows that I have no active warranty..."Come again?" He directed me to the finance department. They have it in there computer as a 6 year/60k. Which I am 2 months beyond at this point. So I go home to check the actual paperwork that we signed (the wife signed as she had a higher FICO score so we could get better APR financing). The warranty was printed up as 6 yr/60k. So now I'm on the hook for $171 diagnostic fee.

So, ya. That's what I hate about Ford today. Double check your contracts before you walk out the door, people.
The wrench light is usually telling you its time to change the oil and it can be reset with an AP3 now without all the fancy footwork that Fords reset had us do without their reset tool. FYI

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #5
The wrench light is usually telling you its time to change the oil and it can be reset with an AP3 now without all the fancy footwork that Fords reset had us do without their reset tool. FYI

If you noticed in my rant, I changed the oil as soon as it came on. It didn't go away.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you noticed in my rant, I changed the oil as soon as it came on. It didn't go away.
Well changing the oil won't make the light go away....thats like throwing an open box of doughnuts at a Grizzly Bear expecting it to go away. The wrench light needs to be turned off. Do you have an Accessport?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
My dislikes are all over the forum. But i think i have a car with an attitude problem. And it got worse after the deer.

My biggest gripe has been my experiences with Ford dealerships. I've tried more than 5 different dealerships for things ranging from warranty work, to oil changes, to simple part pickups. All have sucked substantially more compared to other brands I've owned/been to. I usually find it to be more cost and time effective to just do everything myself. It'll be real hard to get me to buy another ford unless the car is truly exceptional.

I didn't know I can reset it with my AP, how do I do that? I've been driving around like a fool with this light on for three years

How to reset oil light wrench:
Push the start button without holding down the brake or clutch to enter accessory mode. Then push down the gas and brake pedal as far as you can for 30 seconds.

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #12
Well changing the oil won't make the light go away....thats like throwing an open box of doughnuts at a Grizzly Bear expecting it to go away. The wrench light needs to be turned off. Do you have an Accessport?

Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

I did the reset thing but it didn't work. Something else is wrong, or I'm not doing correctly. Tried three times on three different days.

Dropped it off at Ford on Monday. They still hadn't got it in to a tech this afternoon, so I picked it up from there and took it home to wash it and do an System Health Check through the MySync. Ya, that didn't do any good either, as it's been discontinued. Going to see if some mom n pop shop can run a diagnostic on it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Basically my only real dislikes concerning this car are the bubbling inner door seams paint (although mine is not flaking off anywhere yet, as others have had happen), and the fact that one cannot fit much wider/taller wheels and tires without a lot of modification (i.e.; flares, severe camber, fender pulling/rolling, etc.).

Other than that, I am pretty darned ecstatic with it, yup, even on the factory power/tune. [:)] [thumb]

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Echoing what others have said.. Biggest issue has been Ford dealerships. Have found them to be unbelievably inconsistent with one (Clinton Ford in Rock Hill, SC) being fantastic to "I'm never buying another Ford" depending on who runs it.

I move a lot so I get to see a bunch of dealerships. Last 5 cars have been Volvo, Volvo, Mazda, Infiniti, Ford. Ford has been the only poor dealership experience I've ever had. Strangely enough my last 2 company vehicles have been Fords as well and no dealership has ever griped at doing any work on them. Fleet company has some leverage I suppose?

No complaints about the Fiesta itself. Does everything I've ever asked of it.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I still love my FiST. Nothing to hate about the car. BTW, people need to keep in mind dealers are not "Ford", they are an independent contractor, Ford does not own dealerships. We all have dealer problems, they hire anyone that claims to be a mechanic, the sales people are trained liars and they really do not want to do service but by contract they are forced. My car saw the dealer ONE time where they kept it for 9 days to change the Sync 3 and blend door, had a loaner but they drove the hell out of my car. As to the car I have been lucky in 4 years and 50K miles. I have one tiny paint chip on the hood and no signs of rust anywhere. The OEM RE-050 tires went 30K miles and when brake time came at about 30K with the tires I changed pad and discs. Other than oil changes that is about $1K for expenses. No door dings either thanks to its small size. The MP-215 gives me all the power I can safely use in the twisties with long drop-offs to white water rapids, large trees or deep valleys and the peace of mind in our annual emission testing gauntlet. I have a new radiator to be installed before my next trip to AZ in the summer. Never had overheating problems here in the East. I am relatively happy with the audio using the CD.......USB drive? Yuck! I will change the speakers one day but not a high priority as windows are mostly down and sunroof open. I would like an exhaust system for the sound but not bad enough to spend the money over other things, extra money this month went for a new gun for my wife. Changes? None that are a high priority....better sounding exhaust and the stock tweeters are not very good. I'm still hooked on my Fifi. I would go into deep depression if she got totaled, nothing out there I would want over her!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I still love my FiST. Nothing to hate about the car. BTW, people need to keep in mind dealers are not "Ford", they are an independent contractor, Ford does not own dealerships. We all have dealer problems, they hire anyone that claims to be a mechanic, the sales people are trained liars and they really do not want to do service but by contract they are forced. My car saw the dealer ONE time where they kept it for 9 days to change the Sync 3 and blend door, had a loaner but they drove the hell out of my car. As to the car I have been lucky in 4 years and 50K miles. I have one tiny paint chip on the hood and no signs of rust anywhere. The OEM RE-050 tires went 30K miles and when brake time came at about 30K with the tires I changed pad and discs. Other than oil changes that is about $1K for expenses. No door dings either thanks to its small size. The MP-215 gives me all the power I can safely use in the twisties with long drop-offs to white water rapids, large trees or deep valleys and the peace of mind in our annual emission testing gauntlet. I have a new radiator to be installed before my next trip to AZ in the summer. Never had overheating problems here in the East. I am relatively happy with the audio using the CD.......USB drive? Yuck! I will change the speakers one day but not a high priority as windows are mostly down and sunroof open. I would like an exhaust system for the sound but not bad enough to spend the money over other things, extra money this month went for a new gun for my wife. Changes? None that are a high priority....better sounding exhaust and the stock tweeters are not very good. I'm still hooked on my Fifi. I would go into deep depression if she got totaled, nothing out there I would want over her!
100% agree.. Some dealers are great. Some are awful. Not sure what Mazda has done differently from Ford but I never had a negative experience at any of their dealerships. Might've just been luck. Volvo and Infiniti I expected being more premium brands to have a slightly better experience and indeed that was the case.

With you on the stock tweeters. Adding a 250W sub under the rear cargo floor and taking all the bass out of the factory speakers did a ton for sound quality overall.

Guns are always a good buy! Get the wife anything cool?

Se7eN

Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

I did the reset thing but it didn't work. Something else is wrong, or I'm not doing correctly. Tried three times on three different days.

Dropped it off at Ford on Monday. They still hadn't got it in to a tech this afternoon, so I picked it up from there and took it home to wash it and do an System Health Check through the MySync. Ya, that didn't do any good either, as it's been discontinued. Going to see if some mom n pop shop can run a diagnostic on it.
disconect the battery for like 10 mins

Se7eN

If I were to say I hate something it's the paint quality on the front bumper and hood. They look like they've been through hell. Other then that the stuff I dislike sometimes I did to it myself, like get rims that don't deal well with pot holes, etc.

I hate that the ford fiesta st is discontinued here in North America so many replacement ST specific parts will be discontinued and will cost a fortune. An example is the Cadillac xlr that had led taillights from the factory. You can't change the led's when it goes out, so you have to buy the whole unit. The replacement, if you can find it, costs about 1500 usd.