Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What do you think?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Post a request to have someone photoshop the wheels to your FiST. To me they look too heavy.

OP
N
Thread Starter #22
Post a request to have someone photoshop the wheels to your FiST. To me they look too heavy.
Will do, although I don't have my FiST yet I'll see if they can. If my calculations are right and a standard FiST wheel is 10.2kg, then these wheels are 500g lighter at 9.7kg.

Just a thought... have you had a look through the available wheels on the Tire Rack website? There are loads to suit the car. I know shipping becomes an issue then, but there are some nice - and really cheap - rims available, some from well-known manufacturers...

OP
N
Thread Starter #25
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Finally found a local wheel company that make a nice race type wheel. These look better, just concerned how the no centre cap will look.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I find it very cool you are coming here for advice and help picking the right wheels, we have our opinions and ultimately what you choose that makes you happy is most important.

Here is how I pick wheels and I have bought dozens, if not hundreds of sets over the last 46 years, street cars, street/track cars, pure race cars, trucks, trailers, etc......wheels from under $100 to wheels that were $5k a set.

1)Fitment, have to fit obviously most important and that includes width, diameter and offset.
2) Weight, lowest good wheels I can find.
3) Cost, has to fit the budget, there are some good deals out there.
4) Style, not many great looking wheel choices but there are some, might not be as unique as end up with what others get but still best to stick with low weight and proper sizing.

Of course I want the lowest cost quality made, best looking and fitting wheels I can find, I want it all and that limits the choices to just a handful but that is enough for me.

Sincerely
Rick

I don't like the high spoke count wheels that much either, when my tires wear put I'm looking at grey motegi mr125s on tux black.

OP
N
Thread Starter #32
I find it very cool you are coming here for advice and help picking the right wheels, we have our opinions and ultimately what you choose that makes you happy is most important.

Here is how I pick wheels and I have bought dozens, if not hundreds of sets over the last 46 years, street cars, street/track cars, pure race cars, trucks, trailers, etc......wheels from under $100 to wheels that were $5k a set.

1)Fitment, have to fit obviously most important and that includes width, diameter and offset.
2) Weight, lowest good wheels I can find.
3) Cost, has to fit the budget, there are some good deals out there.
4) Style, not many great looking wheel choices but there are some, might not be as unique as end up with what others get but still best to stick with low weight and proper sizing.

Of course I want the lowest cost quality made, best looking and fitting wheels I can find, I want it all and that limits the choices to just a handful but that is enough for me.

Sincerely
Rick
I was originally looking for a black 5 spoke, then I seen a white 5 spoke and thought they stood out a bit better on performance blue. As I said the FiST will be my work hack so it may find itself in some bad areas at times, so I don't really want to spend any more than $2,500. Unfortunately in Australia our wheel makers don't have a lot of choice in 4/108, so the task was looking tough. Then I stumbled on this local company. I have a pretty wild taste, actually you could call it shocking lol, so honest opinions help. I originally was going to purchase a Tux black FiST and put a set of Fluro green rims on.

OP
N
Thread Starter #33
These look good

What weight and offset do they come in?
Both wheel come in 17x8 and 18x7.5 start. The PCD is 100 to 120 on the 17's and 18's. Offset on 17's is 15 to 44 and 18's 20 to 50. Both weigh between 8-9kg and $250 17's $290 18's each. You can get custom colours for $100 extra each, black is standard.

What the figment needed for the Euro FiST? If someone can help.

Both wheel come in 17x8 and 18x7.5 start. The PCD is 100 to 120 on the 17's and 18's. Offset on 17's is 15 to 44 and 18's 20 to 50. Both weigh between 8-9kg and $250 17's $290 18's each. You can get custom colours for $100 extra each, black is standard.

What the figment needed for the Euro FiST? If someone can help.
They're the same worldwide. I know because I have Rado Grey wheels on mine ex-America. Actually from a fellow forum member...

4x108 pattern, offset (I think) 47.5 and size 17x7 is stock.

OP
N
Thread Starter #36
They're the same worldwide. I know because I have Rado Grey wheels on mine ex-America. Actually from a fellow forum member...

4x108 pattern, offset (I think) 47.5 and size 17x7 is stock.
So if that's the case can I run the 17's at 44 offset or do I need to go to 18's. Or does the offset change on the 17's because they are an inch wider than standard?

OP
N
Thread Starter #38