Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What do you use as your license plate frame?

Recently put the Cobb frames as well. Love that they have the tab holders on the side and is cut out at the bottom so it plays (sort of) nicely with the front plate holder.

We've got quite a few. I got the ford racing for my car and truck. I tried to cover up the corny nascar logo with the frame. Lol

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I use nothing.
Unfortunately here in California the laws state that nothing can cover a license plate.
Technically ALL license plate frames do cover parts of the plate.
I know this is nit picking but it is the law.
Ridicules as this is, it is just one more excuse that can be used to pull you over.
I know that this reason is not used very often but it is still the law.

Dave

I use nothing.
Unfortunately here in California the laws state that nothing can cover a license plate.
Technically ALL license plate frames do cover parts of the plate.
I know this is nit picking but it is the law.
Ridicules as this is, it is just one more excuse that can be used to pull you over.
I know that this reason is not used very often but it is still the law.

Dave
Indeed this is true. I was in the my ex-gf's Jeep when we got pulled over and given a fix it ticket for having an alumni license plate frame around the rear plate. Oh California...

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Man, it soulds like the police in OC and Riverside are much nicer than they are further north in So Cal. I have a FSWERKS Blue License plate frame up front and a Cal Poly SLO frame in the back. I get stopped because the officers want to look at my car. I even have a radar detector attached to my rear view mirror. They like the Boomba wing and the blue OZ wheels. No tickets, even though I was pulled over for speeding. And I have boomba racing stickers in my side-back windows.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
No more license plate bracket/frame up front, removed it and replacing with hole plugs (BumperPlugs.com has Ford color-matched plugs!). Hate front plates! They kill the aesthetic.

Just ordered Cruiser Accessories Suction Cups off Amazon to display the front plate in the front windshield. Got pulled over 2-3 times in the last year for no front plates on my truck ('05 Chevy Xtreme), even got a ticket once. Judge was cool and let me pay $40 out-of-court, though. Had the C.A. Suction Cups for a bit on the truck years ago, they work great.

Oh, and naked from behind ;)
Whats this you speak of?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Cobb sent me a license plate frame with my cbe order but not sure i wanna use it cause dirt always gets trap in there.