Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

What does everyone do for a living?

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Mind if ask you some recommendations on removing fine scratches and swirl marks in the paint?
First off, do you own a DA?
If so, they will easily be removed with some HD Speed, Meguiars M205, Menzerna SF 4000, Wolfgang AIO that will give you a sealant as well.... the list goes on.

What are you working with now at home?

LonestarRS

First off, do you own a DA?
If so, they will easily be removed with some HD Speed, Meguiars M205, Menzerna SF 4000, Wolfgang AIO that will give you a sealant as well.... the list goes on.

What are you working with now at home?
Right now I have the buffer from Chemical Guys and using Croftgate Mega Polish. It does add a gloss to the finish but I can still see the fine scratches.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Porter_Cable_7424XP_p/buf_100.1xp.htm

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Right now I have the buffer from Chemical Guys and using Croftgate Mega Polish. It does add a gloss to the finish but I can still see the fine scratches.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Porter_Cable_7424XP_p/buf_100.1xp.htm

The polish really won't get out swirls and scratches.... you will need to get a compound. Even a light compound will work better.
Also, make sure you are using a compounding pad. Usually white or black are more for polishing and LSP.

LonestarRS

Any particular brand you recommend?

The polish really won't get out swirls and scratches.... you will need to get a compound. Even a light compound will work better.
Also, make sure you are using a compounding pad. Usually white or black are more for polishing and LSP.

LonestarRS

If they are light imperfections, I really like HD Speed.... it's an AIO.
For tougher correction, I like Menzerna, and for really rough stuff I like good old Meguiars.
Ok I'll pick up HD Speed and get some compound and try it again this weekend.

I'll report back in a new thread. Thanks for your advice, appreciate the help.

GhostRS

1000 Post Club
Staff Member
Ok I'll pick up HD Speed and get some compound and try it again this weekend.

I'll report back in a new thread. Thanks for your advice, appreciate the help.
Your welcome!
Too bad you don't live closer.... I'd help you out.
Good luck!