Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What drives you to throw a ton of time/money into extreme-modding a new Fiesta ST instead of just buying a faster car?

I was pretty fine with the stock-ish power level, I only tuned to get rid of the rev hang and crappy stock throttle mapping. The stratified was too aggressive so I bought the dizzy as well, which feels juuuuuuust right. With 300hp I'd be back into "losing the license" territory.
Yea I wanna stay away from that land

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #64
Who here has driven a 300hp or more FiST?
I had a well over 300hp SRT-4 with LSD, felt pretty fist-like as long as you didn't try turning. That thing was like 3-4 full turns from lock to lock lol, great for the strip but a real workout in the twisties. Manual rear windows or GTFO lol.

I had a well over 300hp SRT-4 with LSD, felt pretty fist-like as long as you didn't try turning. That thing was like 3-4 full turns from lock to lock lol, great for the strip but a real workout in the twisties. Manual rear windows or GTFO lol.
I actually considered a srt4 but choose against it for two reason, one hard to find for under 7k two hard to find with out 100+k

FiST. All the speculation about needing a lsd and blah blah blah about 300hp is this or that.

That's when I started looking at the rs I wanted something awd (not that I need it) cuz I'm a huge subie fan I was gonna find a 99outback sport and build a clone sti wagon with the jdm ej207 long block

FiST. All the speculation about needing a lsd and blah blah blah about 300hp is this or that.
How is but a preference I don't feel like I'd use 300+hp all that often so that would be my Max honestly. As far as lsd goes no probly don't need it but I want it for better performance reasons.

How is but a preference I don't feel like I'd use 300+hp all that often so that would be my Max honestly. As far as lsd goes no probly don't need it but I want it for better performance reasons.
You’re not using the power all the time but having more power in general gives you more power everywhere

Last edited:
You’re not using the power all the time but having more power in general gives you more power.
Yes that is true and I can't dispute that. But I think alot of it come down to preference. For example I live in Greenville no we aren't the biggest city but there are quite the amount of ppl who don't pay attention and I am still pretty raw from a motorcycle accident. Infact I still get plenty of anxiety from seeing ppl turn in front of me. That being said I don't wanna go balls out right yet in the future maybe.

Why would I spend a lot of money to find out how to create the best car ever? I could have bought the FoRS but it’s a boat. Keep watching and see what I do. This is the best platform to make the best automobile on the road.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I was pretty fine with the stock-ish power level, I only tuned to get rid of the rev hang and crappy stock throttle mapping. The stratified was too aggressive so I bought the dizzy as well, which feels juuuuuuust right. With 300hp I'd be back into "losing the license" territory.
Heh I get that except in LA people drive fast normally so you are not out of place. As long as your not going to crazy its no big deal. See thats were its location location location . I could never live where you do I would most likely get tickets all day long. Lol
I grew up in Palo Alto and got tickets all the time. The minute I got out of High School and moved away after a year or two I stopped getting tickets.

Why would I spend a lot of money to find out how to create the best car ever? I could have bought the FoRS but it’s a boat. Keep watching and see what I do. This is the best platform to make the best automobile on the road.
I definitely agree and there's tons of options for everyone to do what they want