Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What Gauges Do you Recommend I use on the Accessport?

Spork1569

Depends on what it is you want to monitor. If you're testing out a new tune I usually like to see my octane adjustment ratio along with the cylinder corrections for all 4 cylinders.

For DD and pretty much any other time it's dependent on what you line to monitor, I have mine set to Boost pressure, oil and coolant temperature, charge temperature, AFR and last one cycles between octane adjustment ratio or Cylinder 1 corrections(that's my problem cylinder)

Other commonly monitored ones are intake air temps(temperature of the air coming into the car), ambient temperature, estimated torque and HP as well. You can swap out any of the ones you feel you don't need and mix and match until you find a combo you enjoy.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Depends on what it is you want to monitor. If you're testing out a new tune I usually like to see my octane adjustment ratio along with the cylinder corrections for all 4 cylinders.

For DD and pretty much any other time it's dependent on what you line to monitor, I have mine set to Boost pressure, oil and coolant temperature, charge temperature, AFR and last one cycles between octane adjustment ratio or Cylinder 1 corrections(that's my problem cylinder)

Other commonly monitored ones are intake air temps(temperature of the air coming into the car), ambient temperature, estimated torque and HP as well. You can swap out any of the ones you feel you don't need and mix and match until you find a combo you enjoy.
Thank you!

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
So I'm thinking oil and coolant temp, boost pressure, estimated torque, and AFR. I also want to do Estimated hp, but I can't find the name for it... Also, can someone explain how the AFR readings work cause I have no idea lol. Also, how do I set up the Cobb Traction Control and display it on the gauges?

Last edited:

Spork1569

So I'm thinking oil and coolant temp, boost pressure, estimated torque, and AFR. I also want to do Estimated hp, but I can't find the name for it... Also, can someone explain how the AFR readings work cause I have no idea lol. Also, how do I set up the Cobb Traction Control and display it on the gauges?
Jeff has a vid on how to use Cobb ap on YouTube

View: https://youtu.be/f0UzpTzeJgY

You basically go to tune, adjustments, and there will be an option to enable traction control(set it to 1) and an option for the slip multiplier which determines how much slip is allowed before TC kicks in(1 being lowest slip)

I think estimated HP would be either under e for estimated or H for horsepower(estimated), I haven't used that one on quite a while.

The AFR readings look kind of funky sometimes because when you let off the gas the engine shows as running lean, that's normal as letting off the accelerator basically cuts fuel to the engine.

When you're at WOT you'll see richer readings closer to 11 or 12 as the engine uses some of the extra fuel to keep things cool.

At cruising you should see closer to the stoichiometric ratio of 14.7 as that's the optimal air to fuel ratio to burn as efficiently as possible.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Depending on what tune you get, I think they'll send you recommendations for monitors to configure. I know when I ordered a Dizzy tune the post-order checklist told me to get colder plugs, make sure I had an intercooler, and to set up some specific monitors on the AP to capture data logs.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Depending on what tune you get, I think they'll send you recommendations for monitors to configure. I know when I ordered a Dizzy tune the post-order checklist told me to get colder plugs, make sure I had an intercooler, and to set up some specific monitors on the AP to capture data logs.
I'm using a Cobb OTS tunes right now at the moment as I haven't installed a new FMIC

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Monitoring the ignition corrections is critical when evaluating a tune. If you see a lot of negative corrections, you're going to want to roll it back to a safer tune. Now that I'm on a trusted tune, I may only run the Coolant Temp going forward.

Monitoring the ignition corrections is critical when evaluating a tune. If you see a lot of negative corrections, you're going to want to roll it back to a safer tune. Now that I'm on a trusted tune, I may only run the Coolant Temp going forward.
Whom is a trusted tune from?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Whom is a trusted tune from?
All the (trustworthy) tuners will take your datalogs and attempt to tweak the tune to maximize performance. Sometimes the tweaks go a little too far and you need to roll them back -- all part of the process. For whatever it's worth, I started with Mountune and have been very satisfied so far. After I get some track time on the latest tune, I may consider trying out tunes from Stratified and/or Dizzy as well.

All the (trustworthy) tuners will take your datalogs and attempt to tweak the tune to maximize performance. Sometimes the tweaks go a little too far and you need to roll them back -- all part of the process. For whatever it's worth, I started with Mountune and have been very satisfied so far. After I get some track time on the latest tune, I may consider trying out tunes from Stratified and/or Dizzy as well.

Thanks, and good to know we are both on the same page. It seems you and I have gone about tuning our cars in the same manner.

Erick_V

When I run in 6 gauge mode I monitor cyl 1-4 corrections, afr and boost, usually the first 50 or so miles after a fill-up. When I run 4 gauge I monitor AFR, boost, oil and coolant temp. Gets hot here in Texas (~100 ambient and 60+ humidity) so I pay attention to those as I regularly see temps over 200 barely pushing it, gets too hot for my comfort. Got to 215 oil temp and 200 coolant temp just cruising at 75mph today, cruising around town I see high 180's to 190's

When I run in 6 gauge mode I monitor cyl 1-4 corrections, afr and boost, usually the first 50 or so miles after a fill-up. When I run 4 gauge I monitor AFR, boost, oil and coolant temp. Gets hot here in Texas (~100 ambient and 60+ humidity) so I pay attention to those as I regularly see temps over 200 barely pushing it, gets too hot for my comfort. Got to 215 oil temp and 200 coolant temp just cruising at 75mph today, cruising around town I see high 180's to 190's
im in the CLT region of NC and i get up to 215 every time i floor it in this summer heat. at 65mph or so its usually around 190-200. should i be worried about that?

Erick_V

im in the CLT region of NC and i get up to 215 every time i floor it in this summer heat. at 65mph or so its usually around 190-200. should i be worried about that?
Not really. As long as its not 240+ you don’t need to be concerned. I’ve been in the 230’s going through backroads but it cooled down fairly quick