Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is a good lightweight lug nut?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
These are going where they belong.....in the dumpster. One year totally flaked 3 removals and install of tires/rotation.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Very impressed by these... Thanks Goodwin racing!

Are these the beefier size that won't fit in Deks? I have some Mutekis on order but the new shoes came and I couldn't wait for laces so went to auto zone and bought some shitty spline drives yesterday. Figure I can use them on my winter wheels if need be.

All I want is some black stuff that will last and regular hex style so I don't have to carry the stupid spline socket. Weight I don't care about.

the duke

These are going where they belong.....in the dumpster. One year totally flaked 3 removals and install of tires/rotation.

I'm still shocked you've experienced such issues. I assume you were using the supplied socket?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm still shocked you've experienced such issues. I assume you were using the supplied socket?
Those sockets in the picture....one for the lock nut and the other for non locked lug nuts.

the duke

I've had multiple sets of Mutekis and have never had the coating fail like that. It seems like both bad adhesion but also the wrench slipping on the socket as the coating is removed in a pattern on all the lugs. Weird.

The new Goodwins are steel?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've had multiple sets of Mutekis and have never had the coating fail like that. It seems like both bad adhesion but also the wrench slipping on the socket as the coating is removed in a pattern on all the lugs. Weird.

The new Goodwins are steel?
Never had any socket slippage as the approved socket was used each time in removal and install. I think its just due to the adhesion process of color. The Goodwins are their cold treated alloy ones i posted earlier in the thread.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Never had any socket slippage as the approved socket was used each time in removal and install. I think its just due to the adhesion process of color.
You probably did not even use an air or electric impact gun on them either, I will bet, correct?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
They get Gunned of with a cordless impact and put back on by hand till tight then a Torque wrench or Torque stick. Had another set by another Amazon vendor and they did the same thing just not as fast. I think its the color choice and adhesion process of the paint or material used to turn them blue.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Needless to say....just went with natural silver this time of the material used to make the lug nuts. Problem solved!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I did not even try, but will 19mm hex lug nuts fit without scratching the 'pocket' paint of the Dekagrams, while even using a thin-walled protective socket (like the Sunex one)??

I just figured they needed a 17mm hex like my 1.2s do, so I reflexively bought the Rays lug nuts for them.

The 19mm hex ones are FINE for the factory wheels, and my Method wheels, as I use the black chrome McGards for those.