Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is the best RMM in your opinion?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I just installed a used AWR 88a rmm a few hours ago, and the vibrations are so bad I thought I screwed up the install, but I guess this is the norm. So, eventually I would wanna change this one out for something a little softer. I was looking at the Mountune, Cobb, AWR at easy Durometer, and MRX330 recommended the cp-e RMM. I want the performace gain, but also don't want my car to rattle itself apart as I drive down the road. Thank you guys!

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Few people have used multiple RMMS in order to give you a good comparison. I have a Mountune RMM and I have never had a noise or vibration complaint with it.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Few people have used multiple RMMS in order to give you a good comparison. I have a Mountune RMM and I have never had a noise or vibration complaint with it.
Yeah I understand that. I'm more looking for a comparison to stock. Like who has any of those products I listed, and how do they compare? I'm actually going to go uninstall the one I just put on. It is aweful.

EPDM is going to give the best performance with minimal nvh. I’d check out Custom Performance Engineering’s website for more info

If you're looking at Cobb and Mountune RMMs, look at Whoosh's RMM. I just swapped my Cobb RMM for the Whoosh Street unit and I'm happy with it. Especially at the price (same as the AWR before any discounts), plus Ron sells replacement bushings.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
If you're looking at Cobb and Mountune RMMs, look at Whoosh's RMM. I just swapped my Cobb RMM for the Whoosh Street unit and I'm happy with it. Especially at the price (same as the AWR before any discounts), plus Ron sells replacement bushings.

Didn't even realize Whoosh had one. Thanks for the heads up! How would you say the vibrations compare to the Cobb or stock? When would I need to replace the bushings?

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
So I'm torn between the Whoosh RMM new, or a used CP-E in the for sale thread. No idea how that used one was treated, or how many miles are on the product. What do you guys think? I know Whoosh is great quality, but the CP-E is $170 new for a reason. Thanks!

I have the AWR 70a durometer. I still have vibrations even after a year. I can live with it but if I had it to do over I would go for
something with less vibs.

Didn't even realize Whoosh had one. Thanks for the heads up! How would you say the vibrations compare to the Cobb or stock? When would I need to replace the bushings?
That's kinda tough to say because I had the Cobb on for three years. I was impressed with how little the Whoosh added to NVH right after the install (blasting A/C at idle), and the vibrations went down even more after half a day. I remember the Cobb being a little rattly for a week or so coming from a stock RMM, but it wasn't ever terrible.

I'd get the Whoosh over the Cobb if I had to choose just from NVH and didn't even think about the pricing or serviceability.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
So I'm torn between the Whoosh RMM new, or a used CP-E in the for sale thread. No idea how that used one was treated, or how many miles are on the product. What do you guys think? I know Whoosh is great quality, but the CP-E is $170 new for a reason. Thanks!
If you don't like vibration stay away from CP-E. The reason for the cost CP-E is expensive. I have researched these mounts for years.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
If you don't like vibration stay away from CP-E. The reason for the cost CP-E is expensive. I have researched these mounts for years.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Thank you! I think I'm gonna go with Whoosh then.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
That's kinda tough to say because I had the Cobb on for three years. I was impressed with how little the Whoosh added to NVH right after the install (blasting A/C at idle), and the vibrations went down even more after half a day. I remember the Cobb being a little rattly for a week or so coming from a stock RMM, but it wasn't ever terrible.

I'd get the Whoosh over the Cobb if I had to choose just from NVH and didn't even think about the pricing or serviceability.

Thank you! I think I'm gonna go with Whoosh then.

Se7eN

I just installed a used AWR 88a rmm a few hours ago, and the vibrations are so bad I thought I screwed up the install, but I guess this is the norm. So, eventually I would wanna change this one out for something a little softer. I was looking at the Mountune, Cobb, AWR at easy Durometer, and MRX330 recommended the cp-e RMM. I want the performace gain, but also don't want my car to rattle itself apart as I drive down the road. Thank you guys!
Give it time to settle first. Might get better, also when going with a hard RMM it's better if you have all the inserts so it balances everything out.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Give it time to settle first. Might get better, also when going with a hard RMM it's better if you have all the inserts so it balances everything out.
Well, I bought the Whoosh one anyways. I know it'll be a better product overall, and it'll be a bit softer too.

Spork1569

I had the AWR 70 durometer that the previous owner basically broke in for me and I put about 1500 miles on, and it still vibrated like hell every time I took off.

Switched to the mountune and while it squeaks sometimes some grease helps that out. Now even with the upgraded street passenger and tranny mounts, the car doesn't shake near as much as the AWR alone.

The hookup was great, and almost no engine movement was awesome, but if that was one durometer lower I can't imagine how the 88a would be.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
I had the AWR 70 durometer that the previous owner basically broke in for me and I out about 1500 miles on, and it still vibrated like hell every time I took off.

Switched to the mountune and while it squeaks sometimes some grease helps that out. Now even with the upgraded street passenger and tranny mounts, the car doesn't shake near as much as the AWR alone.

The hookup was great, and almost no engine movement was awesome, but if that was one durometer lower I can't imagine how the 88a would be.
It sounds like the car is twice as loud and you're sitting in a fast massage chair from the vibrations. At one point, I ran no exhaust and that was quieter and had less vibrations than the 88a.

Spork1569

It sounds like the car is twice as loud and you're sitting in a fast massage chair from the vibrations. At one point, I ran no exhaust and that was quieter and had less vibrations than the 88a.
I think what ultimately made me switch was the fact that sitting in stop and go traffic is right in the RPM range where it vibrates. It was no fun rattling for 30 minutes on the way home everyday.

The whoosh looks promising and I'd definitely give it a shot if I didn't get the mountune one for such a steal. I have no plans on switching despite squeaking like mad sometimes.