Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

what is this in engine bay ??

YIN

After first time maintenance from ford dealer, I found this plug in my engine bay. I didn't see it in the engine before maintenance .
What is this use for ???

IMG_2261_66.jpg

Yeah exactly...I have no idea...but Rodmoe the Eskimo knows!..he just thawed out...drip drip drip

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
it plugs into the block, the heater is generaly installed in a frost plug location. for the record Rod knows not of cold.[poke]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
LOL you guys... We got over 50 last month for gosh sakes...
Anyway follow the cord back to the drives side of the engine then you will find a screw type connector just unscrew it and unplug it .. FYI it is best seen with air tube removed between air box and intake hard pipe.. I also took mine off

CanadianST

They are a serious life saver in the cold, no engine (or person for that matter) likes starting in double digit below 0 temperatures like we constantly get here. Probably gonna delete mine that being said as it's never gonna be exposed to winter elements

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I took mine off only for summer running it goes on and off so easy i didn't want to have it cluttering up my work area so for now the wire is hanging on the garage wall. Come fall I will plug it in and screw the ring tight on the plug and run the wire and plug to the front. Though I have never used a engine heater since 1984. Only place the car sits out is at my work and they Don't allow us to plug in so we have that going for us right .. lol Good to have though never be too prepared in winter ..