Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is this noise!?

I've noticed this noise before and just thought it was normal sounding but a few of my friends pointed it out recently and I've been kind if worried about it since. It's a high pitched whistling sound when I accelerate hard. It's almost like a very high pitched air noise. I've tried looking at all the hoses and I can't seem to find a vacuum leak. I have an injen intake and a catback exhaust with a muffler delete. Hopefully someone here can tell me more about this noise im hearing.

At first I LOLd but then I watched the video again and listened carefully and I think I know what sound you’re talking about. And it ain’t the turbo, it’s a noise on top of that. Mine doesn’t make that sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How noticeable is it inside the cabin? Does it match revs with RPMS? Does it go up and down with RPMs? Does it seem to follow turbo noise? I have a couple thoughts, any of them should lead to you taking it in for warranty.

Transmission, Turbo, or CV Axles. Worst case is engine. But any of these should be covered under warranty.

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
It's only noticeable with Windows down and under acceleration. It doesn't go up or down with RPMS it's the same throughout the acceleration. My car has 45000 miles on it and it's a 2014. So I'm pretty sure the warranty is gone now.
Thanks for the input

If it doesn't change with RPM's it is induction related. Either its just the intake noise, or something with the turbo.