Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is your favorite tire brand?

What is your favorite Fiesta ST tire brand?

• BFGoodrich

Votes: 31 9.1%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • Dunlap

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Yokohama

Votes: 19 5.6%
  • Michelin

Votes: 119 34.9%
  • Kumho

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Falken

• Toyo

• Goodyear

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Nitto

• General

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Firestone

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Hankook

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Uniroyal

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sumitumo

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Hoosier

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

neeqness

1000 Post Club
broken in? if that means a nice mountain road at speed yes but while spinning the tires out of corners is fun, but it really slows you down and the CHP looks down on it.
No, I meant have you driven them conservatively for the first 500 - 1000 miles. This helps remove that outer protective coating that makes them slicker than usual initially.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
While I am a big fan of Michelin tires for my bike and use them exclusively on it...it's been awhile since I've used Michelin on any of my cars so otherwise I may not be as familiar with their more recent lineup.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

dmb

ya i rode and wrenched on bikes my whole life but i lost my hearing in one ear so i lose it on certain right hand turns so that was the end of it. i can ride around town or stop and go on PCH but who wants to do that. ya good tires are a must on a motorcycle. i always laugh at guys that say i had to lay it down, B.S. you lost it bro, man up.

Was running Falken and having trouble with grip in the wet. Put the Michelin Pilot Sports on a month ago and they have completely changed the way the car handles. I no longer have to worry about losing traction off the line and they hold a line in the wet superbly.

dmb

ya they say it never rains in southern california which is true for the most part, so it must be the oil on the roads from the old cars that never rust. when it does rain it lifts all that oil and makes for some slick roads. and to add to that 70% of the accidents are hit and run in L.A. welcome to the melting pot.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
ya i rode and wrenched on bikes my whole life but i lost my hearing in one ear so i lose it on certain right hand turns so that was the end of it. i can ride around town or stop and go on PCH but who wants to do that. ya good tires are a must on a motorcycle. i always laugh at guys that say i had to lay it down, B.S. you lost it bro, man up.
I wear ear plugs. Never had Michelin for cars either but love the Pilot Road 4 on the m'cycle. While I want *max* grip on two wheels, my priorities are a little different on four. Getting around in the Winter is a must. Once I wear out the Summer and Winter rubbers, I'll be looking to return to a set of all-seasons. Regarding all-season tires, tread pattern is king. The uglier the pattern, the more effective it is for Winter. All these pretty tread patterns with the curvy wavy lines and long center-line grooves perform terribly in snow. Great in water, but the "ugly" patterns do well enough there too.

By the way, while I've never cared to use the "lay it down" phrase either, I think the whole matter is a fake controversy. When other riders have used that phrase with me, I've never interpreted it in a way as to "blame" something or someone else. It's simply a way of communicating that a wreck occurred without serious injury or impact for the rider. I agree that as riders, whatever happens, we cannot afford to be preoccupied with blame. Regardless of "who's right" or "who's wrong" we are always the looser. With a good pair of eyes, ears, forethought and a brain, just about all crash situations can be avoided. We have to ride with the mentality that all wrecks are "always" our fault. [like]

dmb

i try to use ''r'' compound tires when i can on the front, helps in the marbles in the corners and the oil in the lights. you really have to watch whats on the roads here in so cal because they take the road money and put it in their pensions and their B.S. committee's that pay $100,000 a year for 12-2 hour meeting's. alot of these people are the one's that lost the election that get the appointed posts, they are all in the same brotherhood that keep it on the lowdown. same soup different salt and pepper. sorry i got off subject. alot of the H.D. guys still run tubes because of spokes and i have to admit i have too, for thousands of miles. but even with tire sealant your asking for it, with a front flat. i used to ride 70 mph then. i'd be 80 now in the #3 lane on the freeway and some chick 3 feet off my ass, mad as hell for going too slow. i'm too old to heal now. now i got a little hot rod that does not make alot of noise, cop's don't notice, will leave just about anything behind in the twisties bikes included. well most of them anyway.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Yip. Far left or far right. I very rarely deal with middle lanes. It's unusual but have had people ride too close too. But I'm riding almost on the white line. So as long as they're not in a truck (which is virtually never) there's usually room to avoid rear-ending me. Car or m'cycle if someone is in more of a "hurry" than I am, it's no skin off my back to just lane change and let them around. Not one of those people that like to pretend they own public roadways unto themselves. If I'm in the left lane with no one in front of me, I try to lane change before they have to slow down.

Always got Kumho Ecsta sport. I found them strong and hardy, with eccellent results on tarmac...[wink]
I used them in FiST stock measures

Michelin Pilot Sports have completely changed the way the car drives especially with the addition of the Mountune MP215 upgrade.

dmb

I have pilot sports, but here in so cal they don't like the hot roads much. spin easy and wear out pretty quick the rears are ok. the fronts spin so much. I got some 200 TW's in 215 40 17 for $40 each, they are 2014's so maybe they hardened up a little and might last a little longer, but $40? who cares

I used to say Bridgestone RE71 is my favorite tire. I just swapped over to Dunlop Direzza ZIII and I now have a new favorite tire.

Definitely agree !! very pleased with the Pilot Sports , they may be a little dearer , but even better than the standard Bridgestone Potenzas ! and they,re good too !! :)

Not up to speed on this thread but Primewell Valera Sport A/S, does anyone have experience with these. Was looking around at tires and am pricing out some Firestone Firehawks, saw a firestone dealer had some Primewell Valera Sport AS tires for dirt cheap,$58 a pop in our size and speed rating. Not expecting performance, but if they behave how I expect an AS tire to behave and are relatively soft I’d be willing to throw down on a cheap set while I save for a decent set of tires/wheels down the line.

So anyone had these on there FiST or even prior cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With 46K on the FiST, I've had two sets of tires, the stock Bridgestones and a set of Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+. The stock RE-050s were sharper in the response arena, but didn't especially enjoy the rain, and called it quits at 15K miles. The Pilot Sports are nearly a match for the handling superiority of the 050s but the wet handling is just to die for. Its nearly as good as in the dry - utterly spectacular. I currently have a tad over 30K on them, and as others have noted, they do deliver increasing noise as they age. I plan to replace them with another set of Pilot Sport AS3+ in the next 4-5K miles. Absolutely a stellar match for this car - dry handling, wet handling, 30-40K miles of life... best of all worlds short of the track.

With 46K on the FiST, I've had two sets of tires, the stock Bridgestones and a set of Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+. The stock RE-050s were sharper in the response arena, but didn't especially enjoy the rain, and called it quits at 15K miles. The Pilot Sports are nearly a match for the handling superiority of the 050s but the wet handling is just to die for. Its nearly as good as in the dry - utterly spectacular. I currently have a tad over 30K on them, and as others have noted, they do deliver increasing noise as they age. I plan to replace them with another set of Pilot Sport AS3+ in the next 4-5K miles. Absolutely a stellar match for this car - dry handling, wet handling, 30-40K miles of life... best of all worlds short of the track.
Interesting.

I’m currently on the Pilot Sport A/3+ because that’s what the car had on it when I bought it used, and I cannot wait to get rid of them.

They aren’t a bad tire, mine are noisemakers for sure, but as far as grip is concerned I felt similar levels of grip with the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max that were on the Fusion that I traded in for the FiST. I do not think they are worth the price premium they command, and frankly if I was shopping AS tires again, I’d take a look at the General G-Max AS-05, tire rack loves that tire, and it’s currently the most recommended AS tire in the stock size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a set of barum bravuris 3HM from discount tire for 60 bucks a tire. I live in South Texas, so no need for winter tires. Barum is made by continental, and has gotten solid reviews. We will see.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Where is Continental in all of this? I do realize that this thread is a little old...but still. Even Hoosier made it onto the list...WTF!