Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is your max PSI on stock turbo?

Hi all, I’m curious what the highest PSI you’re producing on a stock turbo - both engine modded and stock.

I’ll go first. I’m not sure if this is the absolute highest but it’s the highest I’ve recorded:

Max PSI - 27.22

List of mods I have done to my car:

Whoosh V3 intercooler
Whoosh intercooler hose replacements (including J pipe)
Whoosh symposer delete
Ramair induction hose
Ramair crossover pipe
Go Fast Bits DV+
Cobb drop-in filter
Radium Engineering oil catch can (PCV side)
Whoosh short shifter
Whoosh transmission cables aluminum bushings
Whoosh shifter base aluminum bushings
Whoosh race spec rear motor mount
Vibra-Technics uprated passenger side engine mount
Vibra-Technics prated transmission mount
Cobb Accessport V3 with Dizzy E30 and 93 tune
StopTech slotted rotors - front and rear
EBC Orange Stuff brake pads - front and rear
Whoosh stainless steel braided brake lines

I am currently running Dizzy’s stage 2 - 93 octane tune. I have his e30 tune but e85 is hard to come by in Pittsburgh.

Attachments

OP
Wolfsbora
Thread Starter #7
Just as a reference point, I was told by Ford Performance that the FiST will boost to a maximum of 22 PSI stock.
Yes..I’ve seen it exceed 22 PSI, though. Happened with my setup a few times. Nothing crazy. Only in the 23 range but there are definitely exceptions.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
25 is usually the most I'll see. If it's really cold and I'm in high gear I might see 26.

Not raining on your parade, but record datalog to see what psi your current tune/mods trully can hold. The max shown on AP monitor is usually the momentary boost spikes between shifts.

I use the max monitor as an early indicator of possible boost leak over time by comparing it to the last time I ran the car hard…

Last edited:
OP
Wolfsbora
Thread Starter #14
I don’t remember if Jason uses the stage 1 2 3 terminology but I don’t have an upgraded intercooler or radiator so per Cobb it’s considered stage 1
Yes, that’s how I understand it.

Not raining on your parade, but record datalog to see what psi your current tune/mods trully can hold. The max shown on AP monitor is usually the momentary boost spikes between shifts.

I use the max monitor as an early indicator of possible boost leak over time by comparing it to the last time I ran the car hard…
I am pretty confident it is just the spike but still a fun number to compare. I’ll definitely try what you’re suggesting.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just over 26 on my conservative tune.