Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

what made you pick a fist over a fost?

2006ser

ill start reason i picked the fist over a fost is the overall feeling.. felt more agile then the focus, the steering felt 1000000 billion times better. ohh and one last thing i love the looks better then the fost.. i see alot of potential on my jelly bean. coming from a 06 mustang gt i love this car more every day it passes.

J2FoRS

I honestly don't like the looks of the FoST at all. My mother has a Focus Titanium and to be honest if a FoST drives by I probably wouldn't realize 9/10 times. I find the FiST looks significantly different and sportier than a regular Fiesta and I always notice one coming. I drove a FoST after my FiST days and I agree that the steering and overall feel seems tighter, but it is smaller and lighter so that's to be expected.

So for me, agility and looks, and gas mileage doesn't hurt the decision either.

I agree with the steering feel, but the whole car feels much larger than it actually is. I think it takes away from the sportyness of the whole experience. Then I came and looked at price. I could get an absolute base model for the same price as a moderately optioned fiesta.

I also can't stand the FoST front fascia. It just looks weird. They cleaned it up a bit with the 15, but I still much prefer the look and profile of the fiesta. And [MENTION=3329]j2FiST[/MENTION] I still don't think people even recognize with this car even is. The look of shock when they hear the turbo coming from this tiny car never gets old.

J2FoRS

Ya [MENTION=1860]Azov[/MENTION] that's what I meant. Like people see a FoST and usually "see" a Focus. They see a FiST and think hmm what is it? Because it looks significantly different from a regular Fiesta. I mean we notice them cause we have them, but your right other people ask me all the time what it is, and that never gets old.

I also got a fully loaded FiST with half the miles as a ST1 FoST at the same price.

Couple of reasons:
1: Price with the options I wanted. By the time you add the Recaros, MFT (I like it, OK?), navigation, and a few others, you're looking at a $30k+ FoST.
2: Better fuel economy. I like taking road trips, and if you drive smart, you can get nearly as good economy from a FiST as from a "normal" Fiesta.
3: Size. I live in a neighborhood where street parking is de rigueur. The FoST is bigger on the outside, but not much bigger on the inside. Besides, I rarely have many passengers, and the shorter OAL of the FiST allows me to find more parking spots than if I'd have bought a larger car.
4: Agility. I've been doing a lot of canyon runs with forumites since I got my FiST after moving to Southern California. We'll usually have a few FoSTs in the mix as well, and while they can walk away from us on a straight, they just can't quite hang in the corners. The corners are the most fun for me!

OP

2006ser

Thread Starter #13
i had an s2000 before my fist and honestly it handles close to how the s2k handles

PhoenixM3

The FiST is a great compromise between the shitty 2001 Opel Omega, which really isn't that bad because I bought it for 850E and everything works and it gets ok gas mileage and the Shelby which is a rocket that garners way too much attention. Additionally, I've probably come much closer to exploring the handling limits of the FiST because I could easily get the Fiesta repaired if I wrecked it - the Shelby probably not.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
ill start reason i picked the fist over a fost is the overall feeling.. felt more agile then the focus, the steering felt 1000000 billion times better. ohh and one last thing i love the looks better then the fost.. i see alot of potential on my jelly bean. coming from a 06 mustang gt i love this car more every day it passes.
I went from a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 to the Fiesta ST. There are MANY similarities between the MS3 and a FoST and that's because they share a basic platform, engine size and power output.

The first time I saw a picture of a Fiesta ST and read the stats for it, I just knew right then and there I had to have one. I also knew it wouldn't be as quick in a straight line. I've always gravitated torwards miniscule "drivers" cars (like the Lotus Elise for instance). While the FiST is no Elise, it is a GREAT little car that offers so much for so little. Initially, a Focus ST might have been a much better choice for me than the MS3, due in part to fuel pump issues which meant investing in a $900 hpfp before you could really mod it. One thing I don't like about the FoST is that I see them every single day where I live. They are a dime a dozen. The FiST offers much more excusitivity... I've seen a total of 4 Fiesta STs since October 2013 out in the wild. With that exclusitivity comes the "what the hell kind of car is that?" stigma. It looks signficantly different from your garden variety Fiesta, especially after changing out the wheels and lowering it which really tightens up the looks.

I wanted a smaller car. check. I wanted a smaller car payment. check. I wanted to save 15% or more on my car insurance (lol). check. I wanted to get better gas mileage. check.

My wife calls the FiST our "go-cart". It does kind of drive like one. One thing we can all agree on... it's an absolute blast to drive! [woot]