Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

what made you pick a fist over a fost?

The FIST has a sexier ass IMO.
I agree. Personally, I can?t get past the shape of the taillights on the Focus, not liking em, but I do like the exhaust outlet on the FoST.

Easy decision for me, the FiST is a better value proposition and has an overall better look than the FoST.

I traded my 5.0 for the FiST after just a test drive because of the agility and crazy little low torque. I've taken curves at speeds much higher than I ever would dare in the mustang (2012, lowered, panhard bar adjusted; not sure of newer IRS ones). BUT on another note, I recently returned from Germany from an off-site conference and a colleague has a two door FiST and the handling is different from our 4 door. I know we have the same 98" wheel base but the back end seemed to want to come around more often (when TC was off), cool for a short SCCA type event but was squirrely when we went to Nurburing at speed (maybe the added weight of the two rear doors affected balance?)...

I honestly don't like the looks of the FoST at all. My mother has a Focus Titanium and to be honest if a FoST drives by I probably wouldn't realize 9/10 times. I find the FiST looks significantly different and sportier than a regular Fiesta and I always notice one coming. I drove a FoST after my FiST days and I agree that the steering and overall feel seems tighter, but it is smaller and lighter so that's to be expected.

So for me, agility and looks, and gas mileage doesn't hurt the decision either.
Agreed . The FiST looks a lot different from the base,whereas the FoST looks like a Titanium at a glance. IMO.

Price & reading/watching many reviews on the FiST won me over. Plus, I was waiting for the FoRS. But due to my commuter breaking down. It forced me to search quickly without breaking the budget too much.

I was about to buy a FoST but at the end I changed my mind because of:

1. Handling
2. I had a 2012 Fiesta SE and I fell in love with that car.
3. Practicality
4. Handling
5. Looks better
6. There?s a few FoST in my city but only one FiST (and that FiST is 2008, so mine will be the first last gen FiST)
7. Handling
8. Insurance. The Focus ST insurance costs 50% more than the Fiesta?s.
9. Price. In M?xico we can only can have them fully loaded (FiST and FoST) and the FoST costs 30% more than the FiST.
10. Handling
11. In M?xico the market for Hot Hatch is:
SEAT Leon Cupra
VW Golf GTI
Ford Focus ST
Peugeot 308GT
Mini Cooper S
With those rivals the FoST IS NOT the best choice to get.

12. In M?xico the market for Pocket Rockets is:
Ford Fiesta ST
VW Polo GTI
SEAT Ibiza Cupra
Peugeot 208GTi
Renault Clio RS

With those rivals the FiST IS without a doubt the best car (not the fastest) you can get for the money.

13. Did I mentioned Handling?

[grinking]